shape
carat
color
clarity

Kate Middleton & Liz Hurley move over-now this is a sapphire

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beyonce got this gorgeous sapphire ring for a push present. Yes, the photo is fuzzy, but the COLOR!!! :love: :cheeky: :love:

Now people take note, this is what a great sapphire should look like (at least IMO).

beyoncepushring.jpg

Kitten35

Shiny_Rock
Re: Kate Middleton & Liz Hurley move over-now this is a sapp

Beautiful!

I have to say I like Kate's ring, but I like really dark blue sapphires, which I know is not always the most desirable color. My mom has one that is almost black, and actually, I really like it. But I like that one too. Really...all of them are beautiful.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kitten35|1328710965|3121628 said:
Beautiful!

I have to say I like Kate's ring, but I like really dark blue sapphires, which I know is not always the most desirable color. My mom has one that is almost black, and actually, I really like it. But I like that one too. Really...all of them are beautiful.

I like lighter toned sapphires myself, and both black and dark or very light sapphires are not the trade ideal. You would expect a very expensive blue sapphire, such as celebrities and royalty own, to be the trade ideal, but in photographs, neither Kate nor Liz's ring are. I guess I wanted to point this out because there are so many sapphire threads right now, and people keep asking, "what is the best color?" and they keep thinking it's Kate's ring, but it's not.

Kitten35

Shiny_Rock

Yes, I can see what you are saying.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock

and here is Kate's black spinel...err..I mean blue sapphire for comparison :mrgreen:
Beyonce's ring actually looks really good...the blue looks vibrant and readily visible

Kate+Middleton+Kate+Middleton+Engagement+Ring+R8jYbQc07rfl[1].jpg

Kate+Middleton+Kate+Middleton+Engagement+Ring+XGuiW7g6uBHl[1].jpg

Kate+Middleton+Kate+Middleton+Engagement+Ring+YOE_ErMjR_Ll[1].jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Barrett|1328713853|3121664 said:
and here is Kate's black spinel...err..I mean blue sapphire for comparison :mrgreen:
Beyonce's ring actually looks really good...the blue looks vibrant and readily visible

The really sad thing about Kate's ring is that there are super bright lights on it, from the photographers' lighting setup, and it only shows some blue in the flashes of light that hit it. It is a very extinct stone, at least in every single photo I've ever seen of it, from when Diana owned it till now.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock

I found this online, TL, another photo of Beyonce's ring

6833838925_83395bb757_b[1].jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Barrett|1328714097|3121666 said:

Gulp! :-o

Barrett

Ideal_Rock

Now lets do Liz Hurley's sapphire...ewwww
[disclaimer: the "ewww" refers to the sapphire as Liz Hurley is sooo hot :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :naughty: ]

elizabeth-hurley-engagement-ring[1].jpg

liz_hurley_engagement_ring_31011_400x300[1].jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Barrett|1328714415|3121673 said:
Now lets do Liz Hurley's sapphire...ewwww
[disclaimer: the "ewww" refers to the sapphire as Liz Hurley is sooo hot :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :naughty: ]

I like the style and cut of Liz's ring better than Kate's though, but it is rather extinct. Evidently Beyonce gave Jay-Z a very nice blue sapphire ring as a pregnancy gift (I assume because their daughter's name is "Blue").

It's not as fine a color as Beyonce's, but at least you can see it's blue and not extinct, and a very fine sapphire. I wonder if Beyonce's ring is a JAR. It looks like his style and the quality of the gem.

jay-z-40-40-395-ring.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beyonce's sapphire is truly beautiful; it remains a brilliant blue even from a distance.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock

I read that the ring is by Lorraine Schwartz, the same designer as her engagement ring. It is gorgeous!

slg47

Ideal_Rock

wow!!!! thanks for posting!

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock

*THUD*

I can't even. WOW.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock

That is AMAZING!!!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock

Woo, if that doesn't jump off the page! I too assume the sapphires are because they named their daughter Blue.

I love both her's and Jay-z's!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG BEYONCE's ring is INSANE!!! I can't imagine how rare a sapphire of that color and size is.

I'm also mad because I keep meaning to get a blue sapphire ring (it's my and my youngest daughter birth stone) but all these celebrity rings are going to make sapphire even more popular (and more expensive- poo!)

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock

Barrett|1328713853|3121664 said:

Now THAT made me giggle.

Great thread :) and I don't even love blue (don't kill me) ... but can definitely see that a lighter tone would make these stones more precious to many. You can't see the bling in the depths of the bottom of the ocean color palette.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Barrett|1328714097|3121666 said:

I don't usually like sapphires, but I sure do like that one! I wish she weren't wearing blue nail polish, though!

Deb
:saint:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How is this one?

beyoncesapphire.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

That is so BLUE, it's hard to believe it's real. I'm sure it is, whew!!

The pics of Kate's/Diana's ring are the closest-up I've ever seen -- the quality of that sapphire makes me sad. Garrard's should be ashamed of it. The only thing going for it is that it's biiiig.

--- Laurie

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock

tntyau|1328719679|3121718 said:
*THUD*

I can't even. WOW.
yeah, +1. :love:

luuurve the east-west setting as well. dang. do you think a smaller version will look good still?

dang.

eta: here's another photo for perspective.
beyonce1.jpg

it's designed by lorraine schwartz.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Her sapphire looks really good with the yellow gold bracelet. I like the contrast.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sapphirering|1328741393|3121971 said:
tntyau|1328719679|3121718 said:
*THUD*

I can't even. WOW.
yeah, +1. :love:

luuurve the east-west setting as well. dang. do you think a smaller version will look good still?

dang.

eta: here's another photo for perspective.

it's designed by lorraine schwartz.

I wish we could get a closeup of the earrings and bracelet too! Very very blue, from a mile away!

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock

Just wondering--to some extent isn't this a matter of taste?
All the sapphires, even famous ones I've seen from Britain are that dark, dark blue, almost like a navy. I thought it was preferred there, just as the light and slightly grayish blue Ceylons seem to be preferred in France.
I thought the only 'bad' sapphires were the blackish greenish ones with no light visible in them. If that's what you mean by 'extinction'. I do think Princess Di's sapphire has light visible in it--it's not an opaque stone.
Sapphire is my birthstone, and I don't wear it because I rarely see ones that I think are pretty are me and then they cost a bunch. I would wear a stone the color of Beyonce's stone (but not that particular ring, which is not to my taste.) But then, I have darker skin (though not as dark as Beyonce's) Would someone who is fair like Princess Diana/Kate/Liz Hurley look as nice in the electric bright blue stone that suits Beyonce? I thought the subdued sort of navy was very flattering to fair English skin and that that might be why it is preferred there.
But these are jsut my own thoughts.

thbmok

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, the color pops even from far away! :appl: I wonder how hard it is to find something similar in a smaller size. :lol:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amazing color! Beyonce's sapphire must be really expensive.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, Beyonce's ring is just out of this world gorgeous. That blue color is absolutely breathtaking. I definitely prefer Beyonce's blue to the darker blue sapphires that Kate and Liz wear. Thanks for sharing the pics!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous colour!

Looks great against her skin in the photo of her in the blue dress.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Black Jade|1328758601|3122174 said:
I thought the only 'bad' sapphires were the blackish greenish ones with no light visible in them. If that's what you mean by 'extinction'. I do think Princess Di's sapphire has light visible in it--it's not an opaque stone.

A stone doesn't have to be opaque to be extremely extinct. It can still be transparent, but so dark that light virtually can't get in, unless you shine bright lights on it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results