shape
carat
color
clarity

Just got this 4.4ct minty green garnet

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Mint garnet is not on my radar or shopping list, just happen to see this 4.4ct one and think it's nice. It looks pure green under fluorescent light and definitely very bluish green outdoor under natural daylight. I like it a lot, it looks huge on me! Size about 11.4x9.3. It's so minty. And has orange fluorescent under UV. It's loupe clean as well. I have 7 tsavorite garnets now, I should really stop buying in this category :mrgreen:

Welcome all setting ideas! Appreciated!

img_6962.jpg

img_6964.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
and pictures under natural daylight

img_6966.jpg

img_6969.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL, Beautiful gem. Set in rose gold, and have a "happy family photo shoot" with the other tsavorites. :naughty:

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
That's lovely. The orange fluor sounds really cool -- any chance you could get a pic?

S

SparkliesLuver

Confection10 said:
I love both; pear shape+delicious green= :love: :lickout: :loopy:.

+1!

LoversKites said:
That's lovely. The orange fluor sounds really cool -- any chance you could get a pic?

+1 here, too :)

Lovely addition, OTL. :appl: Do you have a jewelry style or things you don't like?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SL,
Turns out that only some minty garnets are the only garnets that have fluorescence, and it's a really cool phenomenon. It's a bright orange fluorescence. Other regular tsavorite, to my knowledge, do not have this fluorescence. I don't think it enhances the stone at all, but it's a cool effect. Gem Shopping Network is using this effect to sell their mint garnets, saying it's the "soul of the stone." That cracks me up. :lol: They call them "fluorescent mint garnet." It's just a cool effect, but it doesn't make the garnet special. It's the color and saturation that makes it special, and OTL has a really beautiful gem there. :cheeky:

The fluorescence is due to chromium in the gem.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1423677672|3830925 said:
SL,
Turns out that only some minty garnets are the only garnets that have fluorescence, and it's a really cool phenomenon. It's a bright orange fluorescence. Other regular tsavorite, to my knowledge, do not have this fluorescence. I don't think it enhances the stone at all, but it's a cool effect. Gem Shopping Network is using this effect to sell their mint garnets, saying it's the "soul of the stone." That cracks me up. :lol: They call them "fluorescent mint garnet." It's just a cool effect, but it doesn't make the garnet special. It's the color and saturation that makes it special, and OTL has a really beautiful gem there. :cheeky:

Thank you for this

Yes it's just fun to have it as an extra point :bigsmile:

S

SparkliesLuver

I appreciate the info, TL. :read: Did not know that. Things don't always have to enhance the stone - the effect that we get to see is worth it alone. :) Gem Shopping Network makes me laugh, especially after knowing they call something that.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
LoversKites|1423676981|3830915 said:

I don't have a UV pen at work

Will try to take one tonight.

I have another small mint garnet does that too

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh wow! I love everything about it! Chubby pears are the best!

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
SL,

My colorless grossular have a pinkish orange LW fluorescence - my two Merelani mint too.

I have four fine pure deep green Tsavos - one has no fluorescence, one a weak red and two strong red ( higher chrome content)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty colour and chubby pear shape. I second (or third) the suggestion of a family picture. :appl:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
athenaworth|1423678990|3830941 said:

Any chance you have setting ideas for chubby pear? :naughty:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love chubby pears - and love the cutting on that one. Nice job, OTL. :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1423680832|3830952 said:
SL,

My colorless grossular have a pinkish orange LW fluorescence - my two Merelani mint too.

I have four fine pure deep green Tsavos - one has no fluorescence, one a weak red and two strong red ( higher chrome content)

Marlow,
I knew you would add to the conversation about this. :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL|1423681749|3830959 said:
athenaworth|1423678990|3830941 said:

Any chance you have setting ideas for chubby pear? :naughty:

I'd double halo it. Long skinny pears look good with a single halo. I guess they call this shape a "tear drop" in the trade.

S

SparkliesLuver

OTL, would you mind sharing the vendor? I'd love to peruse their site. :naughty:

ETA: I love milgrain bezels, so I think something like this would be lovely. Maybe a different metal though. ;-) You said the stone is huge on you, so I'm not sure if that means you'd want to go larger with a setting or the opposite.

antique-engagement-rings.jpg

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
:D

I try to find something about fluor in tsavos - my two stones could be from Kuranze / TAN - they produce "chrome" Tsavorite with an outstanding color

Honestly I checked after your post :oops: - was really surprised!!!! I didn't expect such a strong fluor...

The fluor in the colorless and mint green is known - maybe I find something about fluor and Tsavos??

Did you check your tsavos???

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1423685357|3830985 said:
OTL, would you mind sharing the vendor? I'd love to peruse their site. :naughty:

ETA: I love milgrain bezels, so I think something like this would be lovely. Maybe a different metal though. ;-) You said the stone is huge on you, so I'm not sure if that means you'd want to go larger with a setting or the opposite.

It can't go any smaller anyway, so I don't mind going larger with diamond melees or even pink sapphire/diamond melees :tongue:

I'd totally share the vendor if they have a website or on ebay or available for PSers to buy from. But they don't, Sorry ;(

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Marlow|1423686099|3830998 said:
:D

I try to find something about fluor in tsavos - my two stones could be from Kuranze / TAN - they produce "chrome" Tsavorite with an outstanding color

Honestly I checked after your post :oops: - was really surprised!!!! I didn't expect such a strong fluor...

The fluor in the colorless and mint green is known - maybe I find something about fluor and Tsavos??

Did you check your tsavos???

I didn't check the medium dark tsavorites, they are in the bank...I will however receive another tsavy pretty soon :oops: will try it

Do you have a pic for the fluo? We'd love to see the strong fluo on your tsavy :mrgreen:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! What a beauty. Would love to see more pics from every possible angle.

I love the setting SL posted with the delicate bezel.

Regards,
Merida

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
I think I might already liked a setting :tongue: Surprise you guys a few months later! :Up_to_something:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
I made some but I use a prepaid account for my ipad and now I only have a very slow connection - try it later ....

Your merelani mint is awesome - where did you find it ??? Show, internet....

The color is great - bluish green no yellow - perfect..... :appl: :appl: And so large!!!!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Marlow, my small mint garnet fluo orange but photographs pink too

Here is an old pic I took a few years ago

100_30.jpg

img_6965.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The mint garnet is lovely, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
So bluish green mint garnet has a pinkish orange LW fluorescence....

Helpful to seperate them from pale yellow green Mali garnets some vendor offer as Merelani Mint.

Maybe all PSer check - if possible - their merelani mints. Would be interesting.

Your heart shape is beautiful too!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results