carat
color
clarity

Just got this 4.4ct minty green garnet

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1423715301|3831218 said:
So bluish green mint garnet has a pinkish orange LW fluorescence....

Helpful to seperate them from pale yellow green Mali garnets some vendor offer as Merelani Mint.

Maybe all PSer check - if possible - their merelani mints. Would be interesting.

Your heart shape is beautiful too!!!

I have a yellowish green mint garnet that also fluoresces orange, so I don't think the hue has anything to do with it.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
I have a pale green grossular with fluor too - I mean the kind of Mali garnet with a higher iron content some Ebay vendor sell as mint garnet....

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
There is an interesting thread on another forum which is "online"

Chrono - you maybe remember it...

Google "mint garnets and orange fluorescence" and you'll find it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I started that topic at the "other" place. :)

OTL, I think you should set the garnet with orange or pink stones. :)

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1423747165|3831312 said:
I think I started that topic at the "other" place. :)

OTL, I think you should set the garnet with orange or pink stones. :)

Ahhhh - TL - I don' know you identity (ies) on *********onli** :D

How many here??? Just kidding...

I would set it with grey diamonds. Or you send it to me and I think the next 5 years which setting would be perfect!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyways, I think OTL should set it with cabochon neon fire opals. :naughty:

I never post there anymore Marlow.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
True, the orange fluo does not affect stone color and hue

Just received a medium tone tsavorite last night with minimal yellowish tone, and it has orange fluo too

It seems light to medium tone tsavorites tend to show this very often

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Bad experience??

O.K. Fireopal cabs are a good idea .... and maybe a grey diamond halo too

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
OTL|1423760290|3831388 said:

Just received a medium tone tsavorite last night with minimal yellowish tone, and it has orange fluo too

If it is grossular with a low iron contend ( iron kills fluor) and enough chrome it fluors!

Aaaaaaagain - I mean these Maligarnets offered as Mintgarnet from some Ebayvendors!!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Marlow|1423764173|3831428 said:
OTL|1423760290|3831388 said:

If it is grossular with a low iron contend ( iron kills fluor) and enough chrome it fluors!

Aaaaaaagain - I mean these Maligarnets offered as Mintgarnet from some Ebayvendors!!

You got that right

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Fireopal cab or grey diamonds ?????

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1423765495|3831440 said:

I wouldn't do grey diamonds, but I would do opal cabochons with an orange base, like welos or fire opals. However, amethysts, and pink sapphires would do nicely as well. :naughty:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1423770775|3831482 said:
Marlow|1423765495|3831440 said:

I wouldn't do grey diamonds, but I would do opal cabochons with an orange base, like welos or fire opals. However, amethysts, and pink sapphires would do nicely as well. :naughty:

This vendor has a large collection of fireopal in many sizes and shapes ( including awesome fireopal with colorplay!!).

Talked with them in some shows - nice people.

Maybe they have calibrated stones which would be nice enough for that gorgous mint garnet.

http://www.feueropale.de/english/

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone!

You can't go wrong with diamonds as accents. My second vote would be for pink Sapphire's. Pink and green coexist very harmoniously in my eyes. A suggestion would be to try to match the saturation levels of the Sapphires to this mint Garnet. Super saturated neon pink Sapphire melee may draw ones eye's away from your amazing Mint Garnet, and that would be a shame. Smaller more subdued pink melee would be more fitting afaic, and less expensive.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GregS|1423777596|3831547 said:
Beautiful stone!

You can't go wrong with diamonds as accents. My second vote would be for pink Sapphire's. Pink and green coexist very harmoniously in my eyes. A suggestion would be to try to match the saturation levels of the Sapphires to this mint Garnet. Super saturated neon pink Sapphire melee may draw ones eye's away from your amazing Mint Garnet, and that would be a shame. Smaller more subdued pink melee would be more fitting afaic, and less expensive.

I respectfully disagree, as I have a neon pink and neon mint garnet ring, and they look awesome together. However, it's a three stone ring. I think subdued pink would work, but they would probably be overtaken by the garnet. Hey, but we can all agree to disagree. That's what makes for a more interesting forum. :)

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Julia B may have mixed mints with Mahenges at one point?

Anyway, nice score, OTL!

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1423778645|3831555 said:
GregS|1423777596|3831547 said:
Beautiful stone!

I respectfully disagree, as I have a neon pink and neon mint garnet ring, and they look awesome together. However, it's a three stone ring. I think subdued pink would work, but they would probably be overtaken by the garnet. Hey, but we can all agree to disagree. That's what makes for a more interesting forum. :)
Absolutely, things like that are subjective. :bigsmile:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Well, add me to the group that are fear to do color contrast rings...I mean I like them in a three stone, but not a halo. I would love to own a green/orange, green/pink three stone ring someday, but I wouldn't want a green garnet with pink melees. I'm just not into that.

I decided to go either with a diamond halo or some emerald melees with diamond melees combined.
This will be finished in a couple month though as I need to design it, wait for CADs, ship the item back and forth :(sad It's just a inevitable process when you have a jeweler oversea

S

SparkliesLuver

OTL, did we ever see the finished ring?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1452606121|3974697 said:

I had everything planned! But decided to sell it in the end.
This is the design.

img1566.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Is it already sold? I only ask because I really loved the stone. And wow, that setting!!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
OTL|1452645130|3975054 said:
SparkliesLuver|1452606121|3974697 said:

I had everything planned! But decided to sell it in the end.
This is the design.

That is one heavenly ring!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1452646212|3975071 said:
Is it already sold? I only ask because I really loved the stone. And wow, that setting!!

Yes, it's already sold.
I can't say I'm not regreted about selling that stone. :(sad

S

SparkliesLuver

OTL said:
Yes, it's already sold.
I can't say I'm not regreted about selling that stone. :(sad

Okay. I'm sure it found a nice, new home. I'm sure you are, OTL. :( I'm sorry. I really hope the reason you're selling is positive.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results