shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry for men... Guys I need your help!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our annivarsary is coming up (a very important one) and I'm needing some input on what to get my husband

for reference, here's his watch

So I'm so not getting him a watch! :shock:

His WW (when he wears it :roll: ) is also titanium with a gypsy set diamond. So another ring is out of the question because like this one, he'll like it, and will wear it 4 times a year...lol

So here's what I'm considering, since the man hates wearing rings, I'm thinking along the lines of a manly bracelet. I bought him one for our 5th, he actually wears it pretty often! It wasn't custom though.

Anyway his birthstone is emerald, and I like the idea of having two very small gypsy set cabs set on each end of the bracelet. I don't know how safe that would be but its a thought. I would also like to have them bezeled by 18K gold.

I'm figuring if I used oxidized silver as the main body kind of like this

http://www.etsy.com/listing/68299692/contemporary-ouroboros-ring-in-textured?ref=pr_shop

That would work. It wouldn't be titanium but maybe go with his watch more? He hates shiney metals. He's mentioned he liked that ring, so I dunno, maybe a design similar to it?

Thoughts, comments, suggestions, ideas are totally welcome. I'm having a hard time with this, and want to get him something really special but I know I better get on it pretty soon.

I have not approached anyone on making it yet. I'd love to go with Art, that is if he does bracelets!

ETA:

Another contender for design wise is this: It has rubber in the bracelet. Its in 14K gold. Though shiny I like it :???:

-A

jlcwatch.jpg

rubberandwhitegoldbracelet.jpg

tefutefu

Rough_Rock
I figured everyone here could search for bracelets on English sites, so I'll so my part on Japanese sites lol :lol:

I'm not too sure about the circle in the middle, but I like the pointy sides, I think it would look cool with emerald cabs like you mentioned :lickout:

But wouldn't emeralds be too soft?

バタフライストーンブレスレット.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ tefutefu I'm looking at quite small cabs (1-2mm rounds at most) so I'm trying to figure if used, the safest place for them. He could really care less about gemstones, but for safety's sake, small gypsy set ones in places he won't slam down on is the best way to go with him.

Its a best guess anyway. Like me, he tends to not wear jewelery at home. However, unlike me, he's just not as careful with it. Any idea is worth considering. Maybe even have the darn stone underneath as a surprise stone...lol

Thank you for posting that bracelet. Its certainly one I'm going to put in the folder to look at.

-A

Jim Rentfrow

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Those are a good start. I am rather limited with my suggestions since I am a trade member but I would also recommend Hans Meevis. He makes some very unique and cool mens jewelry. He does a lot of composit work with gold, silver and titanium and will work the three metals together and then will use a tool to work away at the metal layers to expose the anodized titanium. The example below is one of my favorites of his. He does stuff for guys as well which is why I suggest him. Not cheap but very unique and very cool.

http://www.meevis.com/new101b.htm

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Does he wear glasses? I would rather have a pair of oxidized silver eyeglass frames. Regardless of how masculine a design is I dont find bracelets to be masculine, with the possible exception of surfer/bead bracelets on surfer wrists. As for emerald cabs I would not put them in a bracelet period. maybe a david webb like thing for the eyes and tiger blood

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
remember the episode of Friends when joey gets himself and chandler matching bracelets?

Jim Rentfrow

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I posted the bracelent as an example of the work, not as a masculine piece :D

tefutefu

Rough_Rock
Arcadian, I hope you don't mind me posting lots of pics since I can't sleep now :lol:

On the contrary, I do think bracelets on men look good, if they know how to accessorize properly! Lots of Japanese men wear bracelets, and they do look good doing so, although my hubby doesn't like them :lol:

I think glasses would be cool too if your hubby wears them :D

I like the designs on the last 3, maybe change the colour and have them oxidized?

ロードキャメロット 1.jpg

ロードキャメロット 2.jpg

ロードキャメロット 3.jpg

ダブルリンクシルバーブレスレット.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooo very cool!

VL he wears those glasses without the frames. They are of course, titanium wire :roll: Sunglasses he wears maui jims, and I can't get him to change that for anything. The bracelet I got him is a very thin cuff. He actually likes it a lot so it gets a lot of wear. Its SS with a small sliver of 14k yellow gold in it that I purchased at a small artists store in Rockport, MA. Anyway he's talked about how he'd love to have another, just something different, so I figured, ooo cool, perfect opportunity!

So It can't be too chunky, he otherwise won't wear it (that much I do know)

Thanks Jim , I'll certainly check them out.

Keep them coming because ideas are good! :mrgreen:

-A

Aerix

Shiny_Rock

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to my world Arc! LOL

Thick leather bracelets are "in" right now. Mixing silver and a cab into one of those would be really nice. What's his skin tone?

http://www.patagoniagifts.com/Mens-Leather-and-Silver-Cuffs-and-Bracelets-orderby1-p-1-c-322.html

All three pages are great. You could replace the celtic motifs with a great tsavorite cab or even fire agate. Those would look really cool, not to mention safer :) you could add embellishment around the stone in whatever design your tastes dictate.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arc - your hubby sounds like mine!

Just to set the scene, my hubby isn't a fan of jewellery. He's a "man's man" if that makes sense! He scrubs up when he has to and looks equally at home in a suit or jeans/tee shirt. However, finding jewellery that suits him has been a challenge in the past. The items he loves are a titanium ring with a rub over diamond and a titanium bracelet with rubber (just like the one you've shown) and he wears that when we go out. It really suits him and looks uber kewl! So, if I were to buy something for my hubby, then I'd most definitely go for the one you've posted - whether I'd go for the shiny or matt metal I'd have to think about though! It would also compliment your hubby's watch.

Probably hasn't helped at all but just thought I'd share your pain! :wink2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Xiriah|1301506788|2883598 said:

WOW, Xiriah! That first link is so close to what I had in my head its not even funny! I love that idea! How the cabs are on the ends is what I envisioned too! :bigsmile: ooo thanks for this soooo much! Now the rest of it... :lol:

LD, oh my goodness you totally get it...lol While my hubs like nice stuff, yeah rugged is kind of a must with most of it. The bracelet I've gotten before held up very well which is why silver maybe the best choice going custom. If I go with a bit of rubber like his watch band, probably all the better...lol

davi, my hubs is very pale (nordic with french ancestry) though he gets quite a tan during the summer. Not intentionally, he just tans very well even with sunscreen. (though I'm darker, i'm the one that burns :roll: ) He likes Tsavs, and those would be easier to source (multicolor has some small ones) Thats definitely an idea...thanks!

-A

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
tefutefu i like that last one with the links that are like a cross between bicycle chain and vertebrae. I still wouldn't like to see it on a dude, but it could be nice on a woman. Where is that from?

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
Arcadian|1301519929|2883728 said:
WOW, Xiriah! That first link is so close to what I had in my head its not even funny! I love that idea! How the cabs are on the ends is what I envisioned too! :bigsmile: ooo thanks for this soooo much! Now the rest of it... :lol:

LD, oh my goodness you totally get it...lol While my hubs like nice stuff, yeah rugged is kind of a must with most of it. The bracelet I've gotten before held up very well which is why silver maybe the best choice going custom. If I go with a bit of rubber like his watch band, probably all the better...lol

davi, my hubs is very pale (nordic with french ancestry) though he gets quite a tan during the summer. Not intentionally, he just tans very well even with sunscreen. (though I'm darker, i'm the one that burns :roll: ) He likes Tsavs, and those would be easier to source (multicolor has some small ones) Thats definitely an idea...thanks!

-A

You're welcome! :D The only thing is, I'm not sure what your budget is, but I saw one of the comments for those bracelets I linked to and the artist said, "It all depends on the design, the size and the materials used, but full custom commissions around usually around $500 and up." That was for the last one with the 2 dog heads though. She 'braids' the metal for the torc and it's supposed to be flexible.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Xiriah|1301521815|2883755 said:
Arcadian|1301519929|2883728 said:

-A

You're welcome! :D The only thing is, I'm not sure what your budget is, but I saw one of the comments for those bracelets I linked to and the artist said, "It all depends on the design, the size and the materials used, but full custom commissions around usually around $500 and up." That was for the last one with the 2 dog heads though. She 'braids' the metal for the torc and it's supposed to be flexible.

thats a decent range. its a heck of a lot less than my ring :shock: (which is yet another thing I have to do...the setting!)

-A

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
Arcadian|1301535248|2883902 said:
thats a decent range. its a heck of a lot less than my ring :shock: (which is yet another thing I have to do...the setting!)

-A

Ah, that's good to hear then! I think you can contact her by either (joining DeviantArt and then) sending her a note or there's a link to her site and also an email on her profile page. Here's another torc-type bracelet she posted with stones on the ends: http://illahie.deviantart.com/gallery/6806520#/d2d0l4h It's a more simple design, but I just thought I'd mention it too. I think I prefer the other one though with the braid detail around the stones that I originally linked to.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results