carat
color
clarity

It's so weird I love it.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
The color zoning does make that gem interesting. It's only 2.5mm thick so yes, it's pretty much a flat stone. Might make a good pendant. Simple thin bezel?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the big question is .............. is it a small fat pear (as in the photo on the hand and the main picture) OR is it an elongated pear (as per the tweezer shots)! I wouldn't waste the $15 but if you love its ugliness then go for it! I'd love to know what it really looks like!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
brandy_z28|1304964384|2916433 said:
The color zoning does make that gem interesting. It's only 2.5mm thick so yes, it's pretty much a flat stone. Might make a good pendant. Simple thin bezel?

That's exactly what I was thinking, hehe. Let's see if I win it!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Looks like you got it. I want photos!

LD - the picture were it looks elongated is taken at an odd angle, around 30-45 degrees off (look at the different views we get of the tweezers). It is a fat little pear.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
YAY you found one!!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I totally got it :tongue: I'll be back with pictures in hopefully one or two weeks...but since it's the dreaded Thailand, it'll be three probably. Arg.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
davi_el_mejor|1304969573|2916507 said:
YAY you found one!!!

It wasn't what I had in mind, but the zoning was obvious AND it was funny. Double bingo! :tongue:
I still plan on getting a "real" one, though, so I am hoarding your examples, lol. I love zoning.

Candice

Shiny_Rock
I bought my sister a oval/cushion shaped stone that had major zoning half was white sapphire, the other half dark blue and the middle greeny blueish. I had it bezel set in white gold with 2 diamonds, one on either side and she loves it! it suits her personality (unique, quirky, hipsterish) and she always has people asking her where she got it.

so even if its weird and some think it's ugly- if you like it and suits your personality then go for it!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting is right! What a funky little stone! I can see that in a cool bezel pendant for sure! :appl:

-A

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I kind of like it too -- different little fellow. Looks like paisley zoning! ;-)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Like a tie-dyed portrait diamond! I can see why it appeals. :)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I just got word that it should be arriving today (I accidently shipped it to my brothers house, hah). So hopefully I will have it in my hot little hands tonight!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results