shape
carat
color
clarity

I want to create green studs...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2005 8:44:44 AM
Author: icekid

As far as the ebay stone, I don''t mind the lighter green (though I would prefer something more vibrant, it would obviously carry a higher price tag!)- but where/ how would I find a matching stone?
Matching stone... they had one when I looked that listing up. I would not be surprised.
5.gif

The light ones show the unusual optics better, they are fun although cheap. But then... all cored gem species are dirt cheap when colorless (i.e. white sapphire, tourmaline, spinel, etc... once prized for color, the colorless or nearly so are mere curiosities). I can understand why for low RI, low dispersion stuff (=glassy) but demantoid garnet is better at it than diamonds. Perhaps because light colored ones are rare, they never got to be appreciated for their own merit. And they are never colorless - a light mix of green bown and yellow is likely. That is about all I know...

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2005 5:18:29 PM
Author: valeria101

Date: 12/6/2005 8:44:44 AM

As far as the ebay stone, I don''t mind the lighter green (though I would prefer something more vibrant, it would obviously carry a higher price tag!)- but where/ how would I find a matching stone?
Matching stone... they had one when I looked that listing up. I would not be surprised.
5.gif

The light ones show the unusual optics better, they are fun although cheap. But then... all cored gem species are dirt cheap when colorless (i.e. white sapphire, tourmaline, spinel, etc... once prized for color, the colorless or nearly so are mere curiosities). I can understand why for low RI, low dispersion stuff (=glassy) but demantoid garnet is better at it than diamonds. Perhaps because light colored ones are rare, they never got to be appreciated for their own merit. And they are never colorless - a light mix of green bown and yellow is likely. That is about all I know...
oooh I think you are right that they do have a stone that seems to match- I don''t know how I missed it! I did drop them an email to see if they think they would be a good match for earrings. I''d be curious to know what they look like in person... curious enough to buy then? That is the question! And then there are those tsavorites too... hmm! I''ll be happy when I finish med school and have some sort of income
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
just found out that I am required to have a PDA come July when I start rotations, so my parents are getting me it for Christmas- so now I am going to have to pay for the earrings myself, so I think the tsavorites at >$500 after setting are out for the time being.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2005 8:52:12 PM
the tsavorites at >$500
$300 for the settings?

Maybe geting the earrings made by the same shop that sells the stones would help with that. I would expect allot less for gold studs. link

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2005 9:16:59 PM
Author: valeria101

Date: 12/10/2005 8:52:12 PM
the tsavorites at >$500
$300 for the settings?

Maybe geting the earrings made by the same shop that sells the stones would help with that. I would expect allot less for gold studs. link
ana- the tsavorites were discussing on the previous page from awesomegems are $436- plus setting. They''re very pretty, but pricey too!

I did actually drop Wink an email yesterday to see if he has anything suitable. It would certainly be ideal to buy the stones and setting from one place!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh... my bad....

I was thinking of the AJS ones (~100 each).

Anyway, how about the diopside pairs? Those are 50 or 80 each (either 5.5 or 6.5mm) and perfectly matched. At least in terms of color, I think these will win over compared with anything else near the price range (tourmaline, say). And you would get to know an unusual gem in flesh, so to speak.
38.gif

3523SM.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
well, I eventually got a little pair of demantoids and I looove them! It took me a while to get decent pictures, but here they are. It''s so hard to get pictures that acurately show the color. Not to mention the sparkle, but this is the best I can do for now.

I''m going to have to ask miss kaleigh for some help finding someone local to set them
1.gif

demspairik.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh, and they''re about 3.3 mm each. I am a tiny girl, so everyone says small earrings look nice on me
1.gif

IMG_0236aaa.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
attempting to show the sparkle a little bit..

sparkledemck.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Sweet, Icekid! It''s really hard to photograph them, isn''t it? Where did you buy them from?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
lovely! yes icekid, please tell us more about them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results