shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW I set my ammy! (and WAVE to BlingObsession!!)

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
I haven't been on in a while, because work has caught up.

but I have finally set my 9mm portugese cut amethyst from jeff davies!

img_2692.jpg

I saw this setting on pricescope quite a while ago, and I think it's a JKB design, and I took it pretty much wholesale. here in unplated white gold, with two round 4mm diamonds on the side, and my 9mm portugese rose de france ammy in the centre.

dsc07872_2_0.jpg
dsc07873_1.jpg

and BIG THANKS to BlingObsession, who introduced Kris at Far East - he's a lovely, lovely man who does amazing work, and is very patient and straightforward with my questions. he also charges fairly, and I'm definitely going back. he also told me to tell you (BlingObsession), how much I like my ring :p

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a gorgeous ring Sonya!!! I love the airy and modern feel, yet classic look. Enjoy wearing your new ring. It truly showcases the JD stone. What a color!!

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
Acinom said:
It's a gorgeous ring Sonya!!! I love the airy and modern feel, yet classic look. Enjoy wearing your new ring. It truly showcases the JD stone. What a color!!

thank you acinom! I'm very pleased with it - it feels and looks much llarger than I expected, but it is 9mm, so I don't know what I was expecting!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to see pics from more angles as well! It such a lovely design. And yes 9 mm is quite a large stone :naughty:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice stone and nice setting, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

What a lovely, flowing design, sonyachancs. That's beautiful. A nod to modern design yet still classic in its own way. Really pretty. I too would love to see more pictures from different angles! :D

ETA: Do you have a link to the jeweler? Sorry, I'm not familiar with Kris. Thank you. :)

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
thank you all!!

here are a couple shots - not very glamorous, but you see the faceting, and also some of the beautiful big table that I requested when i asked jeff to cut me this beautiful purple stone.

dsc07925.jpg
dsc07931.jpg
dsc07926.jpg

speaking of jeff davies, he's a lovely, lovely man. he's just set up an actual show-store in bangkok. I was visiting for a couple hours on business, and managed to pop by and picked up an aquamarine, as well as asked him to cut me two pale blue topazes. almost all my stones are from him, and he's always been fast and responsive, and very very pleasant.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That's a neat ring & looks just super on your finger. Really unique & lovely.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How cool!

For some reason it reminds me of a ring you'd see in a space SciFi movie from the 60s.

Anyways, I love it!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great way to set a very deep stone, yet bring out the colour.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I think the proportions and design look just right on your hand.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
sonyachancs|1417323585|3792621 said:
I haven't been on in a while, because work has caught up.

but I have finally set my 9mm portugese cut amethyst from jeff davies!

and BIG THANKS to BlingObsession, who introduced Kris at Far East - he's a lovely, lovely man who does amazing work, and is very patient and straightforward with my questions. he also charges fairly, and I'm definitely going back. he also told me to tell you (BlingObsession), how much I like my ring :p

Hey Sonya - so glad you managed to get into Kris' shop - he is just the sweetest man. I can tell you I really miss his service now that I'm in Dubai. I haven't found anyone with his skill - he really takes time to ensure he understands what you want and translates even the most scatty ideas into the most beautiful pieces of heirloom quality jewellery. I'm glad there is another PriceScoper in Singapore to keep the torch burning!

And, I just love you ring - gorgeous - well done!

akoya

Shiny_Rock
Hi, i get the infor from BlingObsession too
liked to know how much did you set yr ring for? need to have a rough idea

i am a bit confused abt the shopname though. is the shopname Jewelry Point and the person to look for is Kris? A guy? He is the one doing the ring?

Thank you

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
He is a one man show. What is confusing about the name? Did you read the info I previously shared with you? Clearly refers to Kris as a 'he'. It is not fair to ask Sonya to disclose the price she paid. Take your ideas to Kris. If you don't like the price, then walk away. He doesn't haggle so don't insult him by playing games. He is a master craftsman and should be treated with respect.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful ring, really beautiful amethyst. I would just sit all day staring at it. Gorgeous!

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
mariedtiger said:
Wonderful ring, really beautiful amethyst. I would just sit all day staring at it. Gorgeous!

thank you, mariedtiger! I do just that, but also I'm not easy on my rings and worry all the time staring at the big table when I accidentaly hit something :pray:

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
love the swooping curves!! they look especially dramatic with such a substantial stone. enjoy wearing it!!

akoya

Shiny_Rock
BlingObsession|1421997809|3820791 said:
He is a one man show. What is confusing about the name? Did you read the info I previously shared with you? Clearly refers to Kris as a 'he'. It is not fair to ask Sonya to disclose the price she paid. Take your ideas to Kris. If you don't like the price, then walk away. He doesn't haggle so don't insult him by playing games. He is a master craftsman and should be treated with respect.

Yes i did read through. Thank you. However, i was trying to figure out his name n his shop name so i just want to confirm i 'absorb' the right information. Also i have no idea if its a one man show or a few pax in a company. i even need to goggle for the location later on. i have girl friends going by Kris too.
i just asking for a rough idea of price so i will know what to expect for custom jewellery setting in SG. i dont haggle too. For me, its hard to haggle prices on settings? its normally a discussion of design or a tweak to design if its workman intensive and thus more cost. or using lower colors of melee etc to bring cost down if possible

sorry but i think you over react. Also, I do not agree with yr view of point. Its a bit lengthy to prevent any misunderstanding.
To start of with, I am now learning to see individuals, even if they r bad, to see through their goods and wish for the best for them. so what you have said doesnt fit into my understanding of people. A angry man can be a good person but suffering because he has no control over his anger. A person that haggle isnt doing an insulting games just because of their actions, They are suffering because of the material gains they r looking for. They do not mean any harm to the other person. Insult and games are strong words. You have that idea, u perceive it to be that way but they might not be meaning it at all. They might have a budget they want to stay with and it could have been something they can only afford once. It just depends on how we view it from our pov. A person can be viewed as Good by one, Bad by another. Its what our 'hearts' did to see the differences.

Even if someone negotiate, that doesnt mean an insult or playing game. No one is so free to insult others or to play games. What you have said doesnt make sense in a services environment. There will always be people that haggle in some lines. From my POV, what u have said meant he is a master craftsman that need to be treated with respect and shouldnt be insulted.
Respect.
However, is this indirectly insulting others that are deem haggling or playing games? I am learning not to see it as such. It will be good if the same kind of respect given to a master craftsman for his work can be given to other individuals deem as haggling or playing games because in the first place, they are not there for a game. they might be there just to make their dream rings or jewellery. or its to give their loved ones a surprise. They do deserve the respect too. If the discussion falls through, it doesnt matter because its a business. Both parties deserve the respect.

A wise craftman will laugh it off or be understanding. He will not see it as an insult if someone really haggle badly. Even if another party feels its an insult for the craftman. The craftman 'heart' makes him whom he is n how he sees individuals as what they are. He can be understanding to the customer or high with ego seeing any haggle as form of insult.

Haggle can also mean negotiation or discussion.

Thank you.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE your ring, Sonya! Everything about it ... The stones, proportions, design ... Just perfect! Congrats & enjoy! :clap:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! And it looks perfect on your hand. :love: So beautiful. :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It came out very nice. I love how the bezel highlights the faceting.

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
oh my, thank you all lovely ladies!! I woke up with a case of conjunctivitis this morning, and this has certainly made my day! :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results