shape
carat
color
clarity

I haven't done this in a while

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of you may remember this stone, its one I purchased from Litnon a couple of years ago

P1030832.jpg (its the pink stone in the middle)

the stone is quite pink while unset but does also have a very interesting purple component that you see sometimes depending on the lighting situation, and I didn't think much about it until after I set the stone.....whoa.

Putting it in a halo apparently bought out the purple aspect of the stone A LOT. Pretty gorgeous as it can go from pink to pinkish purple, to purple. I will say I get to enjoy the cut of the stone much more. Not sure who cut it, but its precision for sure.

According to Litnon, its Afgan material.

I'm sure the halo had a lot to do with it, but yeah, its pretty interesting!! I don't generally do this color pink, but I have to admit I like it. Its different (lets see how often I wear it, right??)

If tomorrow is a better day, I'll put some other pics up.

-A

P10604861.jpg

P1060477.jpg

P1060489.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Spectacular, Arcadian! It looks gorgeous. Who is the setting from? I'm not a big pink gem fancier but that is impossible to resist. Hope you DO wear it often! Looking forward to more pics.

--- Laurie

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. Is it a tourmaline, spinel???? On a side note, is the third stone from the right the demantoid?

Nice lineup! I have a penchant for pink stones that have a secondary of purple. :naughty:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline? Whatever it is, it's lovely! In the first picture you can really see all the different colour flashes. I'm so glad that setting it has made it even more prettier. I like the Tiffanyesque setting also - is it an LOGR? The diamonds look lovely in it. Please wear it because it really compliments your colouring.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks JewelFreak and LD. I bought it I guess roughly 1 1/2 years ago? Its an LOGR, but I don't know what their current quality is like. This one was done in 18K. When I took it in the setter made a comment about how good the diamonds looked(he said they looked f-g colored). I had also gotten rid of some halos though as I kinda went through a weird halo hating phase... :-o

The stone itself is very unusual, also not normally to my taste as I tend to stay away from pink of this color, but it was really one of those things that I saw it, kinda got sucked in, and ordered it, knowing if it didn't suit me hell send it back. But once I got it I really enjoyed the color play... its addicting!!

How the color changes in the different lighting conditions is much more dramatic after the set, I really attribute also to that fabulous cut. I just wish the camera picked up up more.

For more pink, I now know I should have went with a more open setting, but no regrets at the moment.

@TL, oh its definitely not a spinel, just a tourmaline, but I wish it were because the sparkle would have been dynamite!! The cutting however does a really great job to highlight all the lovely colors in it though. The stone next to it is the demantoid.

In the first picture, the itty bitty pink one at the very end is a namya spinel, its .99cts, cut by Dana, I have yet to know what to do with it, but it is electrifying in sunlight.

-A

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I love that "in-the-dark" picture you took, Arcadian! That is so cool.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Meezermom and Barrett.

Photos of stones can be a double edged sword, especially ones cut like this, as sometimes all that lovely cutting can make you lose a picture as well. Though we didn't have a lot of sun today, some of my pictures were so blown out because of how much light came off the stone. The stone I bought from Gene is famous for doing that in pictures.

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got some sun today, so I got a few more snaps.

A pretty soft pink

A bit more purple (some of the black reflected back is my camera)

To an amazing glowy pink/purple

To total purple in direct sunlight

And it does various shades of pink, light pink, purple, pinkish purple, all the time. Certainly its been much more interesting after the set!

will post a few more :D

-A

P1060584.jpg

P1060581.jpg

P1060571.jpg

P1060610.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I adore pink and your ring!

cheers--Sharon

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A surprising shift, but at least in a good way!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks canuk-gal

Chrono, you're right, very odd because a lot of tourmalines that shift like this tend to also go quite brown.

I expected brown last night. I got purple.

Here's another snap taken under halogen lights in my home bar.

Another one taken in direct sunlight outside and on hand.

I'm at least glad it goes toward purple in this case!

This is the only pink tourmaline I ever had shift in quite this way.

-A

P1060440.jpg

P1060447.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results