Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the piece in your avatar.
Did you make it?
Can you tell me more about it?

_4410 Cpyrght.jpg

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
Just chiming in - that is indeed very nice. And rather masculine. I love the idea of wearing coloured stones as a guy - I don't care if I never own an expensive wrist watch, but I do love wearing my tsavorite!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was considering placing a dozen FCDs in some masculine piece.

Quantz Studios

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you Kenny, and Kim! Yes I made that. It's Mom's now. I made that in my first jewelry class at my local community college, fall 2010. I dont know how much I am allowed to tell you and if I'm allowed to post more pictures, or links to more, according to the rules, since I technically am a trade member- lapidary and jewelry.

But its fabricated from 16ga. sterling sheet. I made a special jig to get the bend just right on the bottom- you can't see it in the picture. The sterling and copper Mokume Gane piece is up on pegs attached to the back, so its "floating" in the opening. The stone is a 1.52ct. spess. cut by Barry before he took over ACstones.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome work! It is very difficult to believe it is your first piece because the quality looks very good and well made.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All right, so it's the fifth piece but who's counting? It's still excellent and the design is incredibly unique. If I ever dabbled in jewellery making, I am very sure my fifth piece will look like some weirdly shaped lump. :lol:

Quantz Studios

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I only know the piece number because it was so early in me making jewelry, and I stamped it with it's sequential "serial number". Otherwise I would have had to think about it. lol Thank you very much for the compliment! It's one my favorites of my creations. If I could, I'd show off the rest of my pieces. I only have about 10 pieces under my belt, but I really enjoy it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see that you are in the trade. Are you a lapidary? So you cut stones for sale? You also mentioned jewellery. Does that mean you also set the cut stones?

Quantz Studios

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yes, faceted stones, cabochons, intarsia- I do it all. Jewelry too, but mostly stones. I'm pretty much a new guy in the trade though. I dont have a site, I dont have much available. Right now I mainly do jobs by word of mouth and stuff on commission.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very very appealing to me.
You are talented.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
I too have admired that stunning piece from afar - keep up the good work Ryan!

Lee Little

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Ryan,
Good to see you again, it's been awhile. Keep up the good work, Lee

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results