shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose between these two pairs of sapphires...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mandas

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am trying to choose a pair of .4-.5mm sapphires as side stones to a 1ct diamond 3 stone anniversary ring. All I know is that I don''t like the inky stones that I have seen in the jewelry stores. Here are two I found at simplysapphires. I am trying to learn about windows and dark spots, but it''s so hard to tell from the photos. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!!!

http://www.simplysapphires.com/html/imagesblue2006/bluerns5123-sm.html

http://www.simplysapphires.com/html/imagesblue2006/bluerns124-sm.html

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know anything about sapphires and specs, but just from the pictures I think the second pair look like they are cut a little better.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mandas, I''m not a sapphire expert at all, I only know what I like. Hopefully one of the experts will answer soon. If I were looking at these for myself................I like the color of the first pair but they seem to have no life, no sparkle. But that could be just the picture. I''ve learned that you really need to see them in real life because pictures do not tell the whole story on these stones. I love the life and sparkle of the second pair but the color seems dark to me. Again I would need to see them personally to truly judge. I want the color of the first pair with the sparkle/life of the second pair.

mandas

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your replies. Has anyone ordered from Planetarygems? I will post again with that question if it''s ok.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know that coloured gemstones are notoriously difficult to photograph to capture their true colour. That said, both appear really dark in both pictures. I like the slightly violetish blue flash of the second pair though. If you really like them, ask the vendor for better aka truer to life pictures.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
if they have a good return policy, have them send both pairs to you for your approval. return both if you don''t like either pair or keep one and return the other. having looked at the stones and the prices, i wouldn''t expect much from their performance.

movie zombie

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
When I was looking for a 1ct sapphire I ordered one from Simply Sapphires that looked similar to those pictures, and it was very dark blue and lifeless. I ended up returning it.

GirlCellist

Rough_Rock
RE Planetary Gems- I ordered a ruby from them, I''m quite happy with it and their personal help and service. They have pretty reasonable prices, as well.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the second pair better than the first one but think they might be dark and not very lively. If they have a good return policy you might order them and see what they look like in person.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 1:19:37 PM
Author: mandas
Thanks. I was afraid the prices were too good to be true.
there is something for every budget, mandas. which is a good thing and a bad thing. unfortunately, most of us have champagne taste and a beer budget. these stones are probably appropriately priced. only you can decide it you can live with the quality. most people wouldn''t know the difference....... try and see as many stones live and in person as you can before you make this purchase.

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results