shape
carat
color
clarity

Green diamond with multiple personalities!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since PR affectionately names her stones, I'm going to name this one Sybil because she has so many personalities. "Sybil" was the name of a television movie with Sally Field about a woman with multiple personalities. I went for a walk this morning and this stone wanted to be very green. I know it has some yellow fluor, but it was so green during my walk.
3.gif
Notice how clean the single cut LOGR diamonds are. I did not upgrade. That little black thread is from my dark brown sweater I was wearing.

TLgreendiamondrose10.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... Some greyish blue I spot in there!!

TLgreendiamondrose9.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... orange/red dispersion!!

TLgreendiamondrose7.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indoors. A bit smudged from grease on the stone.

TLgreendiamondrose3.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From a little further away with a couple of other rose gold rings (malaya garnet and lavender spinel). The fluorescence gives this weird irridescent luster to the stone outside. If I shade it with my hand, it goes away.

TLfarawayrosegoldrings.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It reminds me a bit of an opal in this shot. It has some orange sparkle It''s very difficult to capture all the sparkle coming from this diamond with my point and shoot, but it does sparkle a lot for a darker toned colored diamond. The ring sparkles quite a bit as well. Those single cuts are nice.

TLgreendiamondrose5.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Under hallogens at night in my kitchen, she goes a bit more grey. Nice sparkle though!!

TLincandescentgreengrey.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2009 2:29:57 PM
Author: stepcutnut
All 3 RG beauties look great! I think Charlie''s is my fav though :)
Which one is Charlie?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2009 2:38:39 PM

Date: 11/21/2009 2:36:16 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

All 3 RG beauties look great! I think Charlie's is my fav though :)

Which one is Charlie?
The Lavender Lovely :)
It's so funny how I get so many compliments on the spinel and really, IRL, it's nothing special. You probably wouldn't notice it next to the dimaond, but thank you. It must be a very photogenic stone LOL!! The poor spinel doesn't even have it's own thread I don't think.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 2:40:10 PM
Date: 11/21/2009 2:38:39 PM

Date: 11/21/2009 2:36:16 PM

All 3 RG beauties look great! I think Charlie''s is my fav though :)

Which one is Charlie?

The Lavender Lovely :)

It''s so funny how I get so many compliments on the spinel and really, IRL, it''s nothing special. You probably wouldn''t notice it next to the dimaond, but thank you. It must be a very photogenic stone LOL!!
You can send it my way if it''s nothing special, I''d take it off your hands LOL!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous TL! that is such a beautiful Ring
30.gif
lovely design and nice pick for your diamond.... yummy
18.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t you love stones with multiple personalities? I''m so pleased you love your new diamond but ............ please don''t call her Sybil - that film scared me witless!
23.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All three are gorgeous, but that greenie is something really special. I love the sage colour the rose gold is bringing out, esp. in that second shot.

30.gif

The setting looks beautiful and very well made, too
1.gif

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Hi TL, Thanks for posting a picture of your RG rings together
36.gif
Very pretty :) Your green diamond looks great in its new home -- very blingy without being ostentatious. Enjoy!!

p.s. I resized your photo to get a better idea of how the rings look IRL -- my hubby thinks I''m weird when I resize photos and hold my hand up next to the picture to see how a ring might look on me. Next thing you know, I''ll be making 3D paper models of rings so I can try them on
23.gif

TLs_RG_rings.jpg

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have the most unusal, beautiful, and interesting collection of diamonds TL! Where do you find them?

Lenamama

Shiny_Rock
that rose gold is so yummy... I love it...! Sybil is a good name... looks so diifferent...
3.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for the kind words. The one thing so hard to capture with this stone is how well cut it is, expecially for a colored diamond. Combined with the minty irridescent luster in sunlight, the green color, is an amazing fire of dispersion of yellow, blue, violet, orange, red that comes off this stone. I wish you could see it in person, but it proves that colored diamonds, even those with darker tones, have fire. I''ll try to get some pics that capture the fire. It fluoresces an orange/yellow as well. This is similar to my other green diamonds.

Thank you again for all your lovely comments, and I feel that the square halo also makes this stone look twice as large as it should be. It''s already 1.5 carats, so it is a blingy ring. I''m a bit of a gawdy person when it comes to jewelry, so forgive me if my style comes off a bit gawdy to some of you. If I had the $$$, I''d be Elizabeth Taylor (but I''d trade in her colorless diamonds for colored ones
31.gif
).

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2009 2:17:57 PM
... orange/red dispersion!!

I LOVE Sybil in her new setting!
36.gif
She''s looks right at home, and I love the name. Now I don''t feel so crazy naming mine. With such wonderful personalities, colored diamonds are just begging to be named, you know?

TL, this has to be one of my favorite rings in your collection, along with your Malaya in RG and the Blue Tourmaline in YG. Is there any way you can put them together in a photoshoot?
31.gif

Just GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

At first, I thought this setting would look bulky, but after seeing Sybil in it, it has such a regal and Art Deco presence. I''ve never seen a round diamond set N-S-E-W. It''s actually really cool and very unique!

You probably get stopped a lot and get tons of compliments on Sybil. You don''t see a green diamond in RG everyday, that''s for sure!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit, I don''t like the name Sybil (that movie disturbed me!
23.gif
) but your ring is gorgeous! Love your beautiful rose gold setting collection!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the kind words again to everyone that commented.
1.gif

CCN,
I now have to go back and watch Sybil. It's been so long, that I forgot most of it. Well, at least I didin't name her Samara!!
23.gif

Here's a very fuzzy picture to show all the brilliance that this stone has. Unfortunatley, in focus, the camera loses all the prismatic rainbows coming off the stone. I don't know why that is.
33.gif
Even so, this picture doesn't capture all the fire.

TLgreensparkle.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PR, just for you. Your three fav rings of mine - Barry Bridgestock Imperial Malaya in 18K rose gold, 8.3mm cuprian tourmaline in 18K yellow gold, and Sybil. Sorry for the undetected sweater fuzz on my diamond. Ugh, when I saw that, I was bummed. All three rings are LOGR's. The tourmaline is 8.3mm so in comparison, that's a nice size diamond IMO (unless you're Elizabeth Taylor
2.gif
)

TLringsforPR.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying so hard to capture that awesome fire in focus. Hey that''s the best picture of the side pink diamond on my other ring - it''s peaking out in the corner!

TLsybilandpinkie.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2009 3:00:40 PM
PR, just for you. Your three fav rings of mine - Barry Bridgestock Imperial Malaya in 18K rose gold, 8.3mm cuprian tourmaline in 18K yellow gold, and Sybil. Sorry for the undetected sweater fuzz on my diamond. Ugh, when I saw that, I was bummed. All three rings are LOGR''s. The tourmaline is 8.3mm so in comparison, that''s a nice size diamond IMO (unless you''re Elizabeth Taylor
2.gif
)

1502391nml1gf6xx4.gif
1502391nml1gf6xx4.gif
1502391nml1gf6xx4.gif

TL, thanks for the photoshoot! I LOVE that 18K YG Halo. I think I''m going to get the Malaya setting for my oval but with 18K YG. Does LOGR still carry that style?

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2009 3:08:22 PM
Trying so hard to capture that awesome fire in focus. Hey that''s the best picture of the side pink diamond on my other ring - it''s peaking out in the corner!
Gorgeous fire! Olive (my grayish green) also throws off orange, yellow and red fire and she''s very hard to capture. I can only imagine what your ring looks like in real life. Must be a little firecracker!

Oh, by the way, I bought a UV flashlight today from Ebay. I should get it next week hopefully!
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2009 3:00:40 PM
PR, just for you. Your three fav rings of mine - Barry Bridgestock Imperial Malaya in 18K rose gold, 8.3mm cuprian tourmaline in 18K yellow gold, and Sybil. Sorry for the undetected sweater fuzz on my diamond. Ugh, when I saw that, I was bummed. All three rings are LOGR''s. The tourmaline is 8.3mm so in comparison, that''s a nice size diamond IMO (unless you''re Elizabeth Taylor
2.gif
)
What? No special pictures for me? I''m bummed.
25.gif
All 3 are great; slightly different but pretty in their own way. If LOGR can consistently provide such clean single cut melee diamonds, that would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results