shape
carat
color
clarity

Gemstone hunt: help me find a pretty sparkly!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I have a spare ring mounting that is begging for a pretty stone to call it home. I just have no idea which direction to go, and could use some help. It'll hold a 5-5.5mm round, the prongs are pretty protective, and it'll be an occasional RHR, so durability isn't a big concern. I already have rings in orange, red, olive green, royal blue, teal, pale pink and dark purple. I think this mounting is asking for a bright, happy color. So, anyone spot a nice little round stone for less than $100 recently? I'll try to load a pic of the ring tonight. Thank you!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Found some pics from the listing. The OEC is being removed for my MIL, I think this mounting swallowed it up anyway.

antiquegems.jpg

antiquegems2.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I was looking at that, but I'm not sure how big the prongs can go. The current OEC is about 5mm, so I think the 5.67 might push it too far. I like the color and cut!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, that's pushing it! HMMM off to keep looking :D

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
The sapphire is quite interesting :bigsmile: . The first tourm from Bob is nice, I have one similar in color it's still loose, but I think your setting is open enough to keep it very bright. I'd personally pass on the second BK stone, it'll look good head on but there's gonna be an obvious tilt window.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will keep an eye out. Have you checked with Dan Stair? He often has pretty stones in that size range.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I'd gotten myself talked in to the purple color change sapphire, emailed the seller earlier, and now the listing has been pulled!

The tanzanite is pretty, but I've got an 4 peaks amey in a ring that's a very similar color. I looked through the vendor lists, and didn't see much out there in the size/shape I need :sick: . There was a bi-color sapphire I ran accross yesterday, but I liked that color change one better and didn't bookmark it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results