shape
carat
color
clarity

Forever Gemstones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, I just wanted to put in a good word for this colored gemstone dealer -- Forever Gemstones. I ordered a stone (the one in my avatar) and it arrived very promptly, and I had a nice conversation with the owner. I probably won''t keep this particular gemstone, but I will definitely buy from this guy again. He seemed very much on the up and up, and has some nice looking stones on his website.

http://www.forevergemstones.com/aboutus.php

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m curious as to why you''re not keeping the stone........

in my case, it was over saturated to the point that to much of the stone was black. different vendor but also great to deal with and i''ll buy from her at some point.

movie zombie

togal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 12:12:26 AM
Author: movie zombie
i''m curious as to why you''re not keeping the stone........
I''m curious too. What kind of stone is it? It looks pretty. Was it the size or the color that''s the problem?

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
It''s an Andesine -- I was curious because of another thread on this forum about them. It is very pretty -- but maybe a bit too dark. And now that I see it in person, I don''t think it''s something I''d want to wear as a jewelry piece. There are many stones I''d like to aquire right now, a peridot for a pendant, a spessartite (pref mandarin colored), a tsavorite, a chrome tourmaline . . . that maybe this isn''t the best use of my money right now.

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 1:15:33 AM
Author: portoar
It''s an Andesine -- I was curious because of another thread on this forum about them. It is very pretty -- but maybe a bit too dark. And now that I see it in person, I don''t think it''s something I''d want to wear as a jewelry piece. There are many stones I''d like to aquire right now, a peridot for a pendant, a spessartite (pref mandarin colored), a tsavorite, a chrome tourmaline . . . that maybe this isn''t the best use of my money right now.
Looks like it is a lovely gem to me. Is it just you do not care
14.gif
for Andesine or is it just this one? I have several stones and I love
30.gif
the color and it has so much life and sparkle.I have a heart shape I want to have set into a pendent to go with my ring. I also have 2 6mm hearts to have errings made.

Connie

daniil

Rough_Rock
I find that the biggest problem with online vendors is accurate pictures. it is very hard to get a good picture of the stone. they are either enhanced on photoshop and much worse in real life or quite the opposite pictures just too pale. How close was the actual color to the picture on the website?

Thanks, Daniil.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Danil, well, the picture in my avatar is pretty close to what the actual stone is. Was the photo enhanced? I don''t know. But when I got the stone, I did not feel that it had been pictorially misrepresented.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results