shape
carat
color
clarity

For Babyblue033 - earring charms

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
The charms on the left and in the middle used to be post earrings. The green tourmalines were dangles which is why there''s an extra hoop; they tend to have a bit more movement than the other pairs. The garnets in the center were plain studs. The garnets on the right were the loose stones from Rick Martin.

kiz-charms1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Same picture without the flash.

kiz-charms2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
A green tourmaline on my earring.

kiz-charms3.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
A red garnet on my earring.

kiz-charms4.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And a bit more of a close up of the baskets and jump rings.

As to price, a jeweler charged me $25/pair to remove the posts and put on jump rings. He also gave me back the removed gold. To set the loose stones was about $100.

kiz-charms5.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Kismet for posting these pictures!
36.gif
These are so cool, I especially love your latest from Rick. It''s giving me lots of ideas for my own earring projects!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet,
Do you like the dangles or the fixed hoop better? I was just wondering if the added movement caused by the dangle makes the earring more eye catching.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your charms Kismet!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2009 11:04:16 PM
Author: Chrono
Kismet,

Do you like the dangles or the fixed hoop better? I was just wondering if the added movement caused by the dangle makes the earring more eye catching.

I like the dangles better. The middle pair of garnets actually have a fair bit of movement too as their jump rings are big enough to move freely on my hoops. The right-hand pair of garnets move the least as their jump rings sit a lot closer to the hoops.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Still love these! Do you only wear them on hoops or can you wear them on studs too?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANKS for posting these up close and detailed photos. You know lots of us are going to try to copy your cool idea. Back in college I had a couple of charms I'd wear on a gold hoop, but nothing as nice as your gemstones. You've really refined the charm/earring combo.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2009 9:12:18 AM
Author: Honey228
Still love these! Do you only wear them on hoops or can you wear them on studs too?

I don''t but that''s because I don''t like wearing studs or at least not large studs. If you wanted to hang them from studs you''d probably get a smaller jump ring. I believe my hoops are 2.5mm wide so comparing that to the jump ring you''d need a pretty sizable stud to cover it.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2009 9:35:35 AM
Author: Kismet

Date: 6/4/2009 9:12:18 AM
Author: Honey228

I don''t but that''s because I don''t like wearing studs or at least not large studs. If you wanted to hang them from studs you''d probably get a smaller jump ring. I believe my hoops are 2.5mm wide so comparing that to the jump ring you''d need a pretty sizable stud to cover it.
Thanks so much for the ideas, Kismet. I''ve got a couple of stones now that I think would look great hanging from hoops.

I agree about the smaller jump rings for hanging from studs. Here is a picture of my royal rhodolite pear hanging from a 0.42 ct diamond stud. My local jeweler designed them to have a lot of movement, which they do. He added a little length under the jump ring so the drop would hang nicely below the stud. I went in for a couple of fittings to get the length just so.
1.gif

IMG_4630b.JPG

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Widget (I think) had drop earring jackets made too, only the bar that attached to the drop was shaped like an L so that the drop hung more directly below the stud than behind it. *searches*

It was Widget. Here''s a picture and here''s the thread.

000_3519.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are super cute! I love that idea!!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love those. I love the idea of the different looks you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results