shape
carat
color
clarity

Following Gene''s travels??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 8:47:10 AM
Author: Chrono

Date: 7/15/2009 8:49:22 PM
Author: cellentani

Date: 7/15/2009 8:26:14 AM
Get in line ladies and take a number! I’ve put in my name for one of the Mahenge spinels.
11.gif
9.gif
Really Chrono? What number are you?
#3. But I want a really big one so I''m not sure I''ll be able to get a good selection. I expect with colour like that, it might be a little tough on the pocketbook though.

Chrono, My worries exactly!! He''s had a Mahenge spinel on his list for awhile, and I asked if these new ones would be around the same price per carat. I didn''t like his answer, but I understand that these will be pretty high end stones.
9.gif
7.gif
39.gif

Stone Hunter, I know what you mean - I held off on an auction last night for that very reason. It was a great auction too - someone got a great deal!
39.gif

Maybe my family wouldn''t mind beans and rice for the rest of the month...

Icce

Shiny_Rock
When does he come back? I was a tsav garnet and I dont wanna be to late to look at them on his site....oh and of corse save up

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2009 12:26:28 PM
Author: Icce
When does he come back? I was a tsav garnet and I dont wanna be to late to look at them on his site....oh and of corse save up
I think he’s back; at least I’m getting very good email response time. If you have an eye on something or want first dibs on the tsavorite rough, I’d go ahead and email my intentions. I expect he’s going to have a waiting list for a lot of items.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 8:47:10 AM
Date: 7/15/2009 8:49:22 PM

Author: cellentani

Date: 7/15/2009 8:26:14 AM

Get in line ladies and take a number! I’ve put in my name for one of the Mahenge spinels.
11.gif
9.gif

Really Chrono? What number are you?

#3. But I want a really big one so I''m not sure I''ll be able to get a good selection. I expect with colour like that, it might be a little tough on the pocketbook though.

I want a really big one now, TOO
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I just got a Mahenge from Swala and it is fabulous!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 8:35:31 PM
Author: icekid

36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Ooooooh, icekid,

Do tell, which Mahenge did you get? Love to see a pic!!!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Stop taunting us without pictures!!
11.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif

And....which one is it? Where are the pictures?
38.gif
9.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
It''s been awhile since I''ve seen anything new from Gene. Anybody heard from him lately?

I guess I could just email him, but I hate to be pesky.

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We have been in Knoxville for almost a wwk now with our sick dog. He has a liver shunt and our normal vet wanted to put him to sleep.
The Univ of Tenn has a wonderful hospital and they opperated on him yesterday. So far things went well and we should be able to take him home tommorrow.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 3:35:47 PM
Author: PrecisionGem
We have been in Knoxville for almost a wwk now with our sick dog. He has a liver shunt and our normal vet wanted to put him to sleep.
The Univ of Tenn has a wonderful hospital and they opperated on him yesterday. So far things went well and we should be able to take him home tommorrow.
Oh Gene, I''m so sorry to hear this! It''s weird, but I had an odd feeling that something was up - I''m so glad things are looking better for your beloved dog. I''m hoping for a speedy recovery and safe travels for you all!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about your dog, Gene. I hope he''ll recover soon.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending your dog lots of good thoughts!! I hope he recovers soon!!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I hope your dog gets better Gene. It is so hard going through things like this with beloved pets! I had a cat six years ago with Hepatic Lipidosis. (fatty liver disease) It was a difficult experience.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gene, I''m so sorry that your dog has been so sick! I hope he''ll get better soon now that he had a surgery. I''m a total wreck when my "babies" get sick so sending lots of good thoughts to you and your wife too.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Gene- So sorry to hear about your pooch! Hope he is recovering nicely and that he can go home soon.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear about your dog Gene. What breed is he?

I have Maltese and liver shunts are very common among the breed.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Gene, so sorry to hear about your dog! Wishing that lucky canine a speedy recovery.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/23/2009 3:35:47 PM

oh goodness! i wish your dog a speedy recovery .

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry about your dog...sending good vives your way for it''s speedy recovery!

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We made it home last night. Winston is a 4.5 lb Yorkie, and has been sick for month. We went to 7 different vets, none could figure out what is wrong with him and they all thought we were nuts. Finally we talked one into doing an acid bile test, which showed a liver shunt as the most probable problem. They vet recommended that he put put down, since they have not dealt with liver shunts. We found the University of Tenn. online, and they have pioneered liver shunt surgery. We drove 10 hours over night to them last friday. This place is wonderful, and seems to get all the dogs and cats that normal vets don''t know what to do with. They work magic here, and the price is less than half of a normal vet. The university is a teaching hospital, so they always have a bunch of 5-7 year students on hand, and also a staff of 37 highly experienced doctors. Winston was operated on by a team of 3 doctors and students observing. It takes about 6 weeks for the effect of the operation to take effect. What they do is put a restrictor on the blood vessel that is by passing the liver that slowly closes over a 6 week period. This way it doesn''t suddenly force all the blood into the liver. So he is on medication and a very low protein diet.

If any of you have an animal with problem, I would highly recommend you give the UT Veterinary Hospital a call. We met people from all over the country their with sick animals that normal vets could not help.

Thanks for all your concerns.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that sounds like the Mayo clinic for pets!! Unfortunately, if you want a great doctor, they''re not always around the block, whether human or animal. Here''s hoping for a speedy recovery for your Yorkie Gene.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 1:14:35 PM
We made it home last night. Winston is a 4.5 lb Yorkie, and has been sick for month. We went to 7 different vets, none could figure out what is wrong with him and they all thought we were nuts. Finally we talked one into doing an acid bile test, which showed a liver shunt as the most probable problem. They vet recommended that he put put down, since they have not dealt with liver shunts. We found the University of Tenn. online, and they have pioneered liver shunt surgery. We drove 10 hours over night to them last friday. This place is wonderful, and seems to get all the dogs and cats that normal vets don''t know what to do with. They work magic here, and the price is less than half of a normal vet. The university is a teaching hospital, so they always have a bunch of 5-7 year students on hand, and also a staff of 37 highly experienced doctors. Winston was operated on by a team of 3 doctors and students observing. It takes about 6 weeks for the effect of the operation to take effect. What they do is put a restrictor on the blood vessel that is by passing the liver that slowly closes over a 6 week period. This way it doesn''t suddenly force all the blood into the liver. So he is on medication and a very low protein diet.

If any of you have an animal with problem, I would highly recommend you give the UT Veterinary Hospital a call. We met people from all over the country their with sick animals that normal vets could not help.

Thanks for all your concerns.
I''m so glad that it worked out for you! I also would have kept searching for a vet that could help.

Thanks for the tip on UT. We have 3 cats [they are my kids!!] and it''s possible they would need help someday.

Glad you made it home safely! :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing your Yorkie a speedy recovery, Gene, and thanks for the update.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
So glad you could find the care that Winston needed. Sick dogs break my heart! He is lucky to have you, Gene.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to hear he''s doing better!

I''m working this summer at the Hospital of University of Penn, and we actually recently had a presentation from the University of Pennsylvania Vet school about an interventional radiology case they did to help a dog that had liver issues. Teaching schools can offer a definite advantage sometimes in terms of available resources since they''re often tied to larger universities and have access to their funds and expensive equipment. I think some people have the misconception that teaching hospital = unprofessional treatment or experimenting on patients.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I am glad you found a center that you help your dog, and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m hoping for a quick recovery for your dog. Glad you found a special hospital.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Did anyone get any of the new stones he posted? I''m assuming all of them are from his trip.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results