shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy Intense Green FCD Need opinions.....Kenny?

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Hey friends I would like some opinions on this FCD.
__kgrhqf__jme-dlpl78zbp2__bjskq__60_57.jpg

It is GIA certified as Intense Green.
1.28 Ct
I1 Clarity
$10,000ish
No other stats at the moment.

It is listed as natural and no color enhancement but at that price I have my doubts.

Is it just me or does the clarity in the picture look better than I1 clarity?

I have requested the report number to confirm the stats and get dimensions.
~Justin

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Ask for a scan of the GIA cert. If everything is up to snuff on the report go for it. And if it doesn't match the picture, return it and leave scathing feedback :D

You can't see FCD reports on GIA's website... (GIA if you're reading this, could you fix that? Thanks)

As for I1... It could have a bunch of naturals on the pavilion or girdle that could give it that grade. There are "eye clean" I1's out there.

kee07

Rough_Rock
$10000 for a 1 carat natural fancy intense green ?
I think the normal market price is at least $50000, even at I1 clarity
the photo doesn't look like I1 , at least I can't see any obvious flaw in it.

better don't go for it, likely a cheat

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I am definitely not an expert but it seems that all the bright green color is in the center and the outside of the stone appears greyish. Maybe its just the photo though?

kee07

Rough_Rock
stargurl78|1353330527|3310023 said:
I am definitely not an expert but it seems that all the bright green color is in the center and the outside of the stone appears greyish. Maybe its just the photo though?

I think it's a nice intense green from the picture shown
so it should not be $10000, unless it's color enhanced

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. I would want to see a picture of the GIA memo for:
a. statement that the colour is natural
b. colouration is even

Why?
I need proof that the colour isn't enhanced
I see the colour centered only the the middle.

It is awfully clean for an I1 stone. Either the picture is doctored or the stone has been clarity enhanced.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$10K is too good to be true for that size, being fully natural per GIA, and a Fancy Intense Green color grade.
Perhaps GIA mentions a secondary modifying color.
Definitely see the GIA report or at least get the report number and look it up on GIA Report Check:

http://www.gia.edu/reportcheck/

The photo looks altered to me.
Buyer beware.

Also I'd want the GIA report to be recent, since their ability to differentiate between natural and artificial green may have been updated to keep up with the criminals.
It's a cat and mouse game, and green is easy to produce in a lab with radiation and there is so much money at stake.

When I bought my Fancy Intense Green from Leibish I insisted they send it again to GIA.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder what the GIA report actually says? Many reports for green diamonds do not state whether the colour is natural because it can be incredibly difficult to determine. The process that occurs in the earth is the same process replicated by man to achieve the green. Therefore there are strict criteria for greens as to what goes on a report.

The colour is also concentrated purely on the middle of the stone so this is not going to be an attractive look - which MAY account for the price.

If you look at the price, it COULD be right if:-

a. The cut is as bad as it looks (ie hence the lack of colour all around the edges)
b. The GIA report may not be categoric about non enhancement and it may not be determinable.

In terms of colour, I wouldn't it a million years class that as fancy intense green. I would want to check report to diamond very carefully.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If GIA found no secondary color modifier and since the price is in between that of a GIA fully natural-origin and a GIA treated-color-origin I suspect GIA could not determine the color origin.
It would say so right on the GIA report.
I could not google up a sample, but I have seen one.

The value of FCDs with undetermined color origin is interesting to ponder.
Some day GIA may develop technology that pushes it into the natural or the treated category.
IMHO, that potential really does make the stone worth more than one that GIA graded as treated, though it is a very speculative purchase.

screen_shot_2012-11-19_at_1.png

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
I think this should be a fraud alert. The image looks like it has been taken from Ishay Ben-David's website.

http://www.fancycolordiamond.net/search/fancy_colored_diamond_details.cfm?id=6157

The image appears rotated, color altered, and resized a bit. You can see all the facets matching up in the attached image that I rotated 90 degrees to the left.

Also, about this particular ebay seller, in the past I noticed they took images of another item from a designer and claimed that they made each piece as ordered. It is a red flag that they are using other vendor's pictures and not posting actual photos of the item listed for sale. The piece I am specifically referring to was supposedly made in white or yellow gold with diamond, while the adesigner piece (made by Thomas Sabo) was a piece that was made in sterling silver and CZs.

i6157.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great catch, Kroshka! Does ebay do anything about disreputable sellers like this?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Well done!!

I will call Ishay Ben-David first thing in the morning to offer them $10k.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can we please "out" this ebay seller. This is absolutely unbelievably bad. Well done Kroshka - good find!

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Just to further clarify what I mean about this seller using other vendor's photos, etc. Here is a Thomas Sabo item that the seller has listed in their ebay store. Unless they are the manufacturer of this piece for Thomas Sabo, I just don't see how the photo of the item in the listing is of the actual item they are making and selling.

Link to ebay listing of item:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rabbit-Round-Brilliant-Cut-Diamond-Pendant-Necklace-18k-Bunny-Great-Luxury-Gift-/280923269840?pt=Fashion_Jewelry&hash=item416854ead0

And, here is the actual designer's photo of the piece from their website:
http://www.thomassabousa.com/thomas-sabo-shop.html

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
So if I am putting all this together properly the con artist is:
Diamonds by Dino, ebay name diamondsbydino, 550 S Hill St
Los Angeles, CA 90013, (213) 489-0898.

Anything I've left out?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1353366707|3310485 said:
So if I am putting all this together properly the con artist is:
Diamonds by Dino, ebay name diamondsbydino, 550 S Hill St
Los Angeles, CA 90013, (213) 489-0898.

Anything I've left out?
That number just took me to a fax machine tone.
Per this link, their toll free number is 888 930 9595.

http://stores.ebay.com/Diamonds-By-Dino?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Good catch Kroshka. :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unbelievable! That is certainly not their FIG diamond nor cushion (and setting). Is there any way to make others aware of this scammer?

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
And this is why I love this community so much! Thank you all so much for your research and investigative work!!!
This stone smelled fishy to me from the beginning but I am not a FCD expert so I thought there might be something that I was missing. Some excellent points have been made as to why the price could be so low.

Below is my communication so far with diamondsbydino.
They have confirmed that the color is natural however the GIA Cert number that was give does not pull anything up on the GIA website.

If they are indeed pulling a fast one I am all for outing them as much as we can!!! This can not be allowed! eBay and all vendors who's pictures have been stolen need to be informed ASAP!!!

Question 1

"Hello, I would like to look this diamond up on the GIA website. What is the report number?"

Response 1

"Hello,
I hope everything's well and good with you today. It is my greatest pleasure to assist you in this transaction. To see the GIA certificate you may visit www.gia.edu and click on Lab Reports & Services. This particular diamonds is not set aside for you yet, until guaranteed by the seller to be on hold for you to purchase. If you purchase this through eBay via BUY IT NOW please email us regarding the CERTIFICATE number to verify it's availabilty. This diamond is still up for sale for other customers and comes with a fist come fist served basis unless agreed by the client and the seller for purchasing. If you are making a best offer or placing the order please make sure to contact us via email or phone to indicate the specific certificate number with carat weight, color and clarity prior to your purchase.

GIA certificate number: 12142800
Carat weight: 1.28

Thank you very much and may you have a great day ahead.

Sincerely yours,

Ruth Alexander
The Loose Diamond
Sales Department"

Question 2

"Is this natural without color enhancement?"

Response 2

"Hello,
I hope everything's well and good with you today. It is my greatest pleasure to assist you in this transaction. The stone is natural.

Thank you very much and may you have a great day ahead.

Sincerely yours,

Ruth Alexander
The Loose Diamond
Sales Department"

What do you guys think is a good next move? Ask for pictures of the GIA report since it can't be retrieved on the GIA website?
~Justin

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why not? Tell them the GIA number given isn't valid or doesn't pull up any reports so you'd like to see a full copy of the GIA memo.

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1353376347|3310630 said:
Unbelievable! That is certainly not their FIG diamond nor cushion (and setting). Is there any way to make others aware of this scammer?

Maybe this thread can be made a sticky so others can see it easily!???

We need to save all the pictures so that we can post them separately in case diamondsbydino removes the listing!

If they are stealing images from members of PS then it is only a matter of time before they see this thread.

Chrono|1353376998|3310643 said:
Why not? Tell them the GIA number given isn't valid or doesn't pull up any reports so you'd like to see a full copy of the GIA memo.

I agree I think it will be interesting what they come up with.
~Justin

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
And ask them again if the stone is BOTH natural and unenhanced. The way they answered that last time was intentionally incomplete or outright fishy with intent to mislead by omission. Neither natural nor unenhanced precludes the other.

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
VapidLapid|1353377350|3310649 said:
And ask them again if the stone is BOTH natural and unenhanced. The way they answered that last time was intentionally incomplete or outright fishy with intent to mislead by omission. Neither natural nor unenhanced precludes the other.

Good point! I will, Thanks!
~Justin

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I thought it amusing in an unfunny way that they never answered Justin's question whether the stone is naturally green or treated.

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
Look at how much positive feedback they have. So many people were probably ripped off :(

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Good catch Kroshka! :appl:
How does one report him to eBay? Slimy b*****d. :angryfire:

ETA: I just alerted the mods, hopefully a general statement will be made a sticky.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We would recommend that individuals report this seller to ebay. Another thread can be created warning individuals about this seller as well with their store name in the title if someone wishes to do so.

We will notify them that photos are being stolen from PS.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results