shape
carat
color
clarity

Eye Candy! JKT + Stair+Dana=Necklace

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi EVeryone:

Went to pick up my mom''s 80th b-day gift from Julia Kay Taylor yesterday. I was thrilled with the results.

Amethyst from Cindi Stair,
"Darker medium purple, 3.41ct, 9.26 mm, Nigeria, fancy modified barion cut."
This stone has amazing magenta flash and just has a lot of life to it overall. Excellent cut, Cindi.

Spessie from Dana/Mastercut Gems
1.48 ct 7.5 x 6.2, Tanzania, oval brilliant cut.
This stone really jumps IRL, just a gorgeous color, particularly with the amethyst, and very lively.

Diamond canabalized from ring I already had.

18kt yellow gold bezels set on top of argentium silver, long-short argentium chain at 18 inches.

What I love the most/proudest of are the maltese cross basket supports on the amethyst bezel basket. I asked Julia for them with a small diamond in the center AND THIS ABSOLUTELY ROCKS IRL. I''m hoping the pics I compressed that feature them will load up here, if not I will take more later today to get them on here. They are beautifully done by Julia and really ''make'' the piece.

Okay. Having trouble getting my files to load. Hold on folks.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll have to get some outdoor shots today, not all of my pics would compress appropriately to be loaded here, but at least you have something to see
19.gif

I hope my mom likes this gift. You never know, jewelry is so personal. I know I''m going to be hard pressed to hand this over, because I absolutely LOVE it. I would wear it about every day if it were mine.

Thank you to Julia for her design and metalsmithing GENIUS and for the cutting talents and generosity of Dan and Cindi Stair and Dana/Mastercut Gems, all a pleasure to work with.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Stonie, it''s gorgeous! Those stones are beautiful and JKT did an amazing job. It really looks great on. :)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pendant! I really like the color combo. Orange and purple are really sharp together.

And, happy 80th birthday to your mom!
36.gif
(Mine turns 80 this summer as well. Isn''t it great to enjoy her for all of these years?
1.gif
)

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Burberrygirl, I was so happy when Julia opened up that gift box!

Isn''t that the best feeling, when you see stones you love just springing to life in a completed design.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Flygirl, thank you and congrats to your mom too on hitting the big 8-0! It is great to have them with us this long, particularly as my mom really chilled out with age and our relationship is easy now. I''m proud of her.

Have fun with your mom on her b-day too!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
it''s absolutely stunning! The color play between the orange and purple and the gold is a great match!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I''m sure your mom will love it. It really comes across as a very special necklace.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful necklace, and don''t forget the chain, it''s marvelous. It looks like her bezel work is much crisper on this piece than others I''ve seen out of her workshop. Congratulations, I''m sure it will be a conversation piece for many years to come.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful birthday gift for your mother!
And you are such a thoughtful & loving daughter, StonieGrl!
36.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
beautiful necklace. To be honest I wasn''t sure how it would look with the purple and orange gemstones but the two tone use of silver and yellow gold really ties it very well together. This is one of my favorite JKT pieces!
36.gif
Happy Birthday to you mother!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you oddoneout, davi el mejor, mayachel, TL, virgoruby, and Sarahbear for the kind comments and b-day wishes. I learned so much at PS and I have had the vicarious thrill of all the projects going on here. Its been a kick!!!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
And y2, thanks for chiming in and viewing too! While we were in Tucson picking up the necklace, the postal chick tried to deliver my white topaz asscher from Doug, wouldn''t ya know it. Fortunately I have the afternoon off tomorrow and can hit the post office and stand in their never ending line of misery, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

Sal from Cal

Rough_Rock
Trade
Very VERY nice SG! What a beautiful piece of art and I am sure that your mom will just love it. Totally custom, one of a kind for a one of a kind mom
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your mother is going to be thrilled! A lovely thoughtful gift!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful necklace. Cool color combinations!! TFS
9.gif

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I like the side details on the amethyst
1.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results