carat
color
clarity

Does size matter?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my 14 CT. Smoky Quartz.
It didn't break the bank by any means, but it is so much fun to wear!

img_20170114_162502.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 12mm zircon in a halo at its longest it's about 19*21

picsart_09-25-11.jpgpicsart_37.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Size matters to some; others have other priorities.

I wanted FCDs of the most expensive colors but only had a zillion bucks, so I bought tiny ones.
I'm happy.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1484440462|4115382 said:
Size matters to some; others have other priorities.

I wanted FCDs of the most expensive colors but only had a zillion bucks, so I bought tiny ones.
I'm happy.

Kenny, I always thought you had big stones :naughty:

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Wow Stracci and Niel, those stones!rings are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I've ordered a 9.61ct Aquamarine ane while waiting for it to arrive got a bit worried I'd gone a bit large :think: But your rings have restored my peace. Thanks. :angel:

Who did the settings?

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the smoky quartz and blue zircon! I want a bling ring too!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ElizabethR|1484445053|4115391 said:
Wow Stracci and Niel, those stones!rings are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. I've ordered a 9.61ct Aquamarine ane while waiting for it to arrive got a bit worried I'd gone a bit large :think: But your rings have restored my peace. Thanks. :angel:

Who did the settings?

Mine is an antique so I bought the ring as a whole.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ElizabethR|1484445053|4115391 said:

Who did the settings?
I picked out the stone and sterling setting from my favorite gem and mineral shop and I put the ring together myself.
Instant gratification!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
7 ct Afghan blue green tourmaline. 13.22 mm in length

img_14515.jpg

img_14516.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My biggest CS to day is a 10mm Asscher cut natural blue Topaz:

naturalblueasschertopazring_02.jpg

Although my Richard Homer concave cut Amethyst is not as big as the above at only 9mm, the ring setting is bigger:

rhamethyetringremade_02.jpg

However, my biggest ring to date is a Sea of Cortez mabe:

socmabering_03s.jpg

My left hand middle finger is a whopping Size 12 US and small rings will just disappear on it.

DK :))

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Porkandham and Acinom,

I am thinking of purchasing a stone and ring with similiar measurements. How wearable are your rings? I fear I may bump it and worry about damage to the stone so away it goes in my jeweler box. TIA

porkandham

Rough_Rock
Fancygems - It's surprisingly wearable. My mother bought the stone in the early 70s and wore it a lot. I have no idea when she took it out of its setting, but somehow I wound up with the loose stone. It does have a chip on one of the corners, but I don't know how/when that happened. I had it reset fairly recently and am enjoying it. I only wear it when I'm out in the world and a bit dressed up (something other than yoga pants!). I don't wear it around the house because it doesn't seem suited to housework.

TL;DR - It's not an everyday ring, but it's pretty easy to wear.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fancygems|1484501667|4115486 said:
Porkandham and Acinom,

I am thinking of purchasing a stone and ring with similiar measurements. How wearable are your rings? I fear I may bump it and worry about damage to the stone so away it goes in my jeweler box. TIA

For me this is an occasional ring. Also, I am careful with my hands nowadays. Large coloured stones are mostly cut quite deep, so there is even more chance to bump it against things. I love wearing the ring and it still looks like new. When I wear it, I wear it all day: commuting to work, at work, in- and around the house and doing groceries.

Good luck with your decision making process and your search.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results