carat
color
clarity

colombiam emerald stone and beads

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
hi everybody,

i am posting pictures of two necklaces

1) colombian emerald beads. i dont remember the specs on these as they have been in my family for ages now. they are not certified but every single jeweler who saw these told me they are colombian based on the color.

2) this stone is a certified colombian emerald. it is about 74 carats in weight. it has a beautiful bluish green color. the inclusions are almost negligible also. i just got it back after certification. i think i am in love with this piece. its absolutely gorgeous. :love: :love: :love:

emeraldbeads1.jpg

colombian1.jpg

colombian2.jpg

colombiancert.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I'm speechless.
WHAT an emerald!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is indeed a very large and lovely emerald. I love that deep bluish green color. Question for you: when GRS says clarity enhancement: "Minor to Moderate" do you know what that consists of? Is that something more than oiling, like maybe resin or other fillers?

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
minousbijoux|1341303024|3227748 said:
That is indeed a very large and lovely emerald. I love that deep bluish green color. Question for you: when GRS says clarity enhancement: "Minor to Moderate" do you know what that consists of? Is that something more than oiling, like maybe resin or other fillers?

Thanks. I'm in love with it :love: the dealer and a couple of jewelers who examined it told me it's oiling and the certificate mentions CE (O) and the Internet says "O" stands for oiling as well. however the oiling did nothing to the color. It's was the clarity that was enhanced moderately. And from what I hear,about 99% of Colombian emeralds are treated in one way or the other.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous emerald! Color. I'm in LOVE with the bead necklace, really beautiful. I've seen similar ones in auction catalogs for mucho dinero & wished I could bid. How about putting me in your will? :appl:

--- Laurie

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly! They're both gorgeous but especially the pendant. How often do you get to wear that?

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
JewelFreak|1341319971|3227809 said:
Wow, gorgeous emerald! Color. I'm in LOVE with the bead necklace, really beautiful. I've seen similar ones in auction catalogs for mucho dinero & wished I could bid. How about putting me in your will? :appl:

--- Laurie

Hahaha. Speak to my niece...she says she owns me and my jewelry (she's 6 by the way) :lol:

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
Kismet|1341320075|3227810 said:
Holy moly! They're both gorgeous but especially the pendant. How often do you get to wear that?

Thanks kismet :bigsmile: I get to wear big jewelry quite often coz I live in India and Indian weddings call for heavy stuff. And the weddings are super big so we get invited to a lot. No complaints though. Love dressing up :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the fact that you have so many occasions to wear that glorious pendant. I wish I had such opportunities as you. That is really an amazing stone!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icelover|1341330266|3227893 said:

Thanks kismet :bigsmile: I get to wear big jewelry quite often coz I live in India and Indian weddings call for heavy stuff. And the weddings are super big so we get invited to a lot. No complaints though. Love dressing up :love:

You're right there, and Indian jewelry is so beautiful too.

Enjoy your gorgeous new pieces. I love what appears to be high karat gold around the neck piece of the emerald. It's a really jaw dropping gem.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing!

And I like your sari too.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color of the emerald in your pendant. Perfection!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Those are spectacular (as is the rest of your collection)!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous! I know this was already mentioned but I too love the yellow gold with the emerald. So classic, but yet bold! If you have more pieces I hope you post them! What a great addition to the CS community!

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks a lot guys :)) I love the YG chain too. Sits perfectly around the neck :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

More impossibly beautiful pieces. The beads are devine--just my style!!! Too bad you were not closer, I might ask to borrow them........ :saint: :devil: :D Wear them in health!

chers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your stuff is jawdropping . I stalked your threads after seeing your amazing pearls as I had not seen a lot of it before. Oh, and I learned a bit about India too, and the culture - I spent some time reading on the net, so it was all around a fun bit of learning! :appl:

thbmok

Brilliant_Rock
The pendant together with the necklace is most definitely a jaw dropping stunning piece!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ice, your collection is truly staggering. But while diamonds are pretty and all, and yours are nothing short of spectacular (don't know how I missed them all until now), I am hoping you can share some more of your colored stones. I LOVE that you come from a culture where such intrinsic value is placed on jewelry, and that its also considered a wise investment and a significant and collectible asset. And to think that I'm embarrassed to wear my jewelry around my family for the exact opposite reason! Oh, to be you! :love: Sigh...

Anyway, here are my questions: Is it only gold and diamonds that are emphasized as worthy of collection for investment purposes? From what you have shown us, it appears that your collection is weighted towards diamonds and natural pearls (amazing, BTW). Do you have any rubies or sapphires, alexandrites? Your earrings are lovely, particularly the dangly ones. Do you have any that have color to them? Emeralds, perhaps? :naughty: C'mon, spill, girl! :bigsmile:

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
canuk-gal|1341851071|3231030 said:
HI:

More impossibly beautiful pieces. The beads are devine--just my style!!! Too bad you were not closer, I might ask to borrow them........ :saint: :devil: :D Wear them in health!

chers--Sharon

Thanks sharon. If you like beads, I will Also post pics of some fat Zambian emerald beads I have. I'm sure u will like em :D

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
minousbijoux|1341902630|3231477 said:
Ice, your collection is truly staggering. But while diamonds are pretty and all, and yours are nothing short of spectacular (don't know how I missed them all until now), I am hoping you can share some more of your colored stones. I LOVE that you come from a culture where such intrinsic value is placed on jewelry, and that its also considered a wise investment and a significant and collectible asset. And to think that I'm embarrassed to wear my jewelry around my family for the exact opposite reason! Oh, to be you! :love: Sigh...

Anyway, here are my questions: Is it only gold and diamonds that are emphasized as worthy of collection for investment purposes? From what you have shown us, it appears that your collection is weighted towards diamonds and natural pearls (amazing, BTW). Do you have any rubies or sapphires, alexandrites? Your earrings are lovely, particularly the dangly ones. Do you have any that have color to them? Emeralds, perhaps? :naughty: C'mon, spill, girl! :bigsmile:

Thanks so much. Feels great that the jewelry is being appreciated coz in real life it's mostly jealousy that they have seen :-o that's one of the reasons that I have started posting :love:

And to answer your questions, it's mostly gold and diamonds that a lot of people spend on here and sometimes they add colored stones to either gold or diamond jewelry. But diamonds and gold in general are considered symbol of prosperity..
However, there is a small community that realizes the value of rare gem stones like colombian emeralds, Kashmir sapphires, Burma rubies and pearls. They buy these for two reasons, the first being that their price is going up significantly as they are getting rarer and rarer and the second being that they are ultimate symbols of wealth and they stand equal to large diamonds.

I personally am into pearls, emeralds ( my mom started the collection) and colored diamonds (this I have picked up in the recent years) I have a few more pieces that I will post when I have them at home :)) and I just got a fancy purplish pink diamond but I dint get a chance to lay mynhands on it yet (been dying to see it in person) hoping to get it inn2 weeks as my jeweler has sent it back to Gia to get it recertified (the certificate it came with is ten years old) will post some pics the minute I get it :lickout:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Icelover|1341330266|3227893 said:

Even better! It would be a crime for that to sit in a box and only get worn rarely.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The beads are beautiful, but the emerald... I almost fainted when I saw it! And such a beautiful color!

My Indian friends, mostly, wear gold, but then it is different gold, high-carat and the workmanship is amazing... Only very ancient culture could produce such beautiful pieces.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results