shape
carat
color
clarity

Chrome Tourmaline--Help, Please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Everyone!
So, I''ve been asked to pick out emerald cut (or similar like octagon) chrome (or "emerald" green) tourmaline stones for earrings and a ring, maybe a pendant too--depending on price--for my mom for Christmas. The problem is, as most of you already know, I am completely LOST when it comes to quality colored stones. So, I was hoping you colored stone experts might be willing to help me find some great stones--at reasonable prices. Here are a few options I''ve found. Let me know what you think!

Earrings
4.42ct Bright Bluish Green Emerald Cut Tourmaline
3.04ct Emerald Cut Deep Green Tourmaline
Modified Emerald Cut

Oh, yeah! If you know of any stones already set in yellow gold that would be excellent too!
35.gif

Thanks in advance!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
researcher,
OT did you ever find the opal for your grandmother?? I can''t help you with tourmaline but you''ll get lots of help tomorrow, good luck!!
1.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
My grandpa hasn''t decided on his budget or the size of stone he''s interested in (what he originally wanted I learned was out of his desired price range), so that project is on hold. I should actually contact him to see if he''s made up his mind yet
1.gif

I hope I do get lots of responses as my mom is impatient and might just go to the high end jeweler she loves and pay WAY too much for the stones!
38.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no don''t let her do that, you''ll get lots of help tomorrow. I was thinking about your grandmother''s project. Sounds like you need to get grandpa a nudge so this can be completed. If she ever lets any of her opals out of the vault I would love to see some of them!!!
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the first page there are a couple of stones that the seller calls 'chrome tourmaline' - darkish and under 1 ct. The ones you mention do not seem to be of the same species or emerald color.

Anyway, emeralds come in lots of shades of green and so does tourmaline.

If you could find a matched set of three stones (matched fine cut that is), those would be terrific - whether the tourmaline contain chrome or not.

For the 'great matched cut' part, these guys come to mind. You would probably get to choose the shape and size and have a set cut on order. Perhaps like these?

to001.jpg
to089.jpg

to569.jpg

The last has some obvious problems that the seller describes as well (closed C-axis & dark ends). For the material alone, I would like the cushion of these three... but this is beyond the point. I only wanted to show the shapes in these pictures.

Now, 'chrome tourmaline' is a name sometimes used to classify either top saturated green color or chemical composition or both. Color or color & chemistry command some premium. Chemistry alone not so - this page with yellow and green chrome tourmaline at AJS makes the case at a glance
2.gif

Just a thought...

PrecisionGem

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Those look cheap beacause they are not really chrome tourmaline. Chrome tourmalines would come from Tanzania, and would not have the yellow tones in those stones. The yellow green color is the least expensive in green tourmalines.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results