shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas Present for My Mom--Gemart Services + Daniel M

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
My mom’s Christmas present arrived today!

This Christmas she asked for a ring. Over a year ago she lost the diamond in her engagement ring when a prong broke. She has a bigger diamond ring my dad gave her about five years ago but she doesn’t like to wear it everyday (she says it’s too big and she’s afraid she’ll lose it). She asked me to have a colored stone engagement ring made for her. She really wanted a dark blue round or oval stone that was big. I didn’t have a lot of time (about a week) to find the stone so I showed her pictures of two sapphires and a spinel. She picked the spinel which was the biggest and darkest of the three.

The spinel is from Jerry at Gemart Services.

http://gemartservices.com/index.html

Jerry was wonderful to work with; he’s such a nice man! The stone is a dark blue-green. It’s 2.71ct and 9mm.

The ring was made by Daniel M, its 14k white gold and a size 7.75. Dan and Caren were wonderful to work with! Caren really helped me get this project done on time and even helped me look for stones.

Here are some pictures:

Daniel M and Gemart Services 011.jpg

Daniel M and Gemart Services 010.jpg

Daniel M and Gemart Services 009.jpg

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the last pictures. The stone is very dark but that's what my mom wanted. I think it's pretty but it doesn't really matter what I think lol.

Daniel M and Gemart Services 037.jpg

Daniel M and Gemart Services 031.jpg

Daniel M and Gemart Services 025.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a lovely gift for your mum! :appl: The stone is such a vivid colour too :love:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love the teal color of the spinel! And of course Dan and Caren knock another one out of the park, as always!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful - what a lovely gift for your mom! I'm sure she'll love it! :appl: :appl: :appl:

pixies

Shiny_Rock
They did such a great job on this ring. Love how the prongs turned out!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That stone is a real Wow for saturation, love the teal-ness of it! What a super present. I wish I were related to you!

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on helping your mom score a ring she loves in time for Xmas.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
She is going to be so excited when she opens her present!
Just look at that color! So lovely! :love: :cheeky:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
LOVE it BBG! That is a gorgeous! She is going to love it! :love:

Jerry is really nice, isn't he? And so professional and responsive! :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a thoughtful daughter you are. Your mom is going to be thrilled.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
What a good daughter you are! That ring is going to make her very happy come Christmas! I love the combination of the teal and the white gold.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you HotPozzum, Freke, Sandiandisaac, Pixies, Lovinggems, JewelFreak, Chrono, ooo~Shiney!, iLander, TL, HKK, and Aoife for your lovely comments! :bigsmile:

The spinel isn’t something I would pick for myself but I know she’ll love it. I told her I thought it’d be too dark in person and would black out (which it does clearly) but it’s the stone she wanted. I’m actually glad I didn’t push her to pick something else--it’s very her and pretty in its own way. I’m just glad I was able to find her something big enough (she was adamant the stone was big lol), in my budget and with not a lot of time.

I’ll add a hand shot to this thread after Christmas. I’m really excited to give it to her!

iLander, Jerry is very nice! He was great to work with! There are a few stone on his site I might have to buy for myself. :naughty:

Thanks everyone! :bigsmile:

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
BBG that is really beautiful. I love the teal color and it looks great with the white gold. I hope you Mom loves it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results