Shiny_Rock
Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

@SparkliesLuver WOW!

katharath

Ideal_Rock

SparkliesLuver|1476275883|4086078 said:
Ever since I posted this design - actually in this very thread - a year or so ago, I've wanted to make this ring. It's finally here and real! I haven't taken my own pictures yet, so for now David's will do. :) A big thanks to Elle (of The Gemstone Project) for yet again helping me with the proportions and gallery. I love this ring! :dance:

SO gorgeous. You have such exquisite taste.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so, so much apacherose, Vesper and katharath. Per your request, apacherose, I took a quick break from work and went outside. ;-) haha

img_12990.jpg

img_12991.jpg

img_12992.jpg

img_12993.jpg

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock

SparkliesLuver|1476299359|4086273 said:
Thank you so, so much apacherose, Vesper and katharath. Per your request, apacherose, I took a quick break from work and went outside. ;-) haha

So SO pretty SparkliesLuver! It really looks so amazing on, congratulations!!!! :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is a great color, SL! One gorgeous stone and ring!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you very much, jbkhere and minou. :D It took awhile to find the right stone, but it was worth the wait! And David executed everything well, including the dainty look yet sturdy construction.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

SparkliesLuver|1476299359|4086273 said:

Seriously gorgeous, sparklies. I really love love love your ring. I knew it was going to look fantastic on the hand- it looks great on, nice job.

I want one, too. I have been wanting something like this since someone (shoot the name escapes me) posted an antique emerald pear from that Miami antiques show- anyway- yours is sublime. Thank you for sharing.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, apacherose; you're too kind! You're more than welcome to make the same ring or something similar. I love wearing it because it's super light, very comfortable, low (in height on the finger), and I can wear it two ways. An antique emerald pear sounds lovely as-is! I'm sure we'd all love to help you create something when you're ready. :) Thanks again!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

OMG sparklies!!!!!! :love: WHAT?!!

I LOVE this ring, I LOVE it!!! The stone, the setting....I'm just..... speechless!

S

SparkliesLuver

hahaha Thank you, theredspinel. :D I'm super happy with how it all came together too!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

GregS, that mint garnet is amazing.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

sapphiremomma|1460311588|4017671 said:
Thank you! And now I have my purple star sapphire so this is my RHR combo for now!
I love your purple star sapphire!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver what what what?? How did I miss that?? I LUVE your ring! :love: :love: :love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Another stunning project SparkliesLuver! I would love to hear more details about the stone and how you found it...the saturation and color :love: The setting is perfect for the stone and your middle finger. I've been looking for rings for my non-ring finger lately and would love to see more designs from others.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver that color pink is lovely and rare in spinel. Very nice indeed. I love that you chose white gold/diamonds to accentuate the color of your beautiful spinel.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so much, Arcadian, lilmosun and Lisa. :D I didn't post about it on the forum because I knew it'd take awhile, plus there really isn't that much to it. I looked for the stone for awhile, lilmosun. I even contacted some vendors to see if I could commission something, but either no one wanted to or they didn't have any rough with the color I wanted. On a whim I reached out to Nattalie (Prima Gems) and she got back to me with an option. I liked it but I didn't love it, so I asked what else she had that might work. She came back with a handful of options and that's when I spotted this little guy. He was perfect! :) All the rings I do are right hand rings, lilmosun. haha Maybe you should start a thread? I have one more unique design that I have to bring to life - which I may have just found the stones for (it's been a long time coming too) - and then I need to finish setting my loose stones. I'm happy you love the combination too, Lisa!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a beautiful piece Sparkliesluver!!! I knew you had to be up to something. The ring looks beautiful on you.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

the ring looks great SparkliesLuver The proportions are superb.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Acinom and Sungura! I'm not always up to something, but I can't fault you for thinking that. ;-) :lol: I appreciate your kind words. It makes me happy you say that, Sungura, because the proportions on this one were really important to me and I wanted to get them right.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I know black diamonds are a bit of a dirty word with some people but I am going to go ahead and post my 4.7ct diamond in yellow gold.
unnamed__1__5.jpg
unnamed_69.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vesper|1478030928|4092731 said:
I know black diamonds are a bit of a dirty word with some people but I am going to go ahead and post my 4.7ct diamond in yellow gold.
unnamed__1__5.jpg
unnamed_69.jpg

Oooooh!! I love it. What a beautiful ring. Such a great find and the ring looks stunning on you. Did you buy it als a complete ring or did you purchase the stone and setting separately.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Thank you! I have to admit I was a little worried to post it. I bought the diamond and then had a wonderful etsy seller create the ring and set it. The setting was a steal!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vesper
I love your ring- really liking the prongs!
But then I have been known to embrace dirty words at times..........
What are the stone size measurements?

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Thank you! I really wanted claw prongs to add a romantic Gothic feel without going too literal. It is 11.06x6.68 mm.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vesper|1478038107|4092761 said:
Thank you! I have to admit I was a little worried to post it. I bought the diamond and then had a wonderful etsy seller create the ring and set it. The setting was a steal!

I love the edge and chique feel of the black diamond in combination with the classic setting. Beautiful :love:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vesper|1478030928|4092731 said:
unnamed__1__5.jpg
unnamed_69.jpg

Gorgeous!! It looks really sleek and sophisticated. I like it a lot. :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Vesper, I love your new addition! The black diamond reminds me of a piano key, all shiny and pure black. And the setting works so well with what you were going for. Well done! :clap:

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Thank you @mochiko42 I was hoping it would not look costume like. It is a fine line!
@SparkliesLuver I love that! I play the piano and never thought of that but you are right.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

I love the additions I am seeing on this thread! :appl: to all!!!

SparkliesLuver, I love your newest ring...so beautiful...just the right proportions.

Vesper, your black diamond ring is awesome! I needed something black in my collection too, as I will reveal shortly.

Puppyguts, loved seeing your new stones.

OTL, gorgeous stones as usual.

Makingthegrade, beautiful new rings from Sally!

Sorry, for the late replies about my tenebrescent scapolite, but I do not have immediate plans to set it and am unsure how it should be set. I love the tenebrescenct aspect of it for sure. I have been wearing my tenebrescent hackmanite cab rings, since they are set, and definitely enjoy seeing the change occurring from those stones.

Ok, so here is my latest purchase, a black spinel from Uli of osirisgems. It came wrapped in an origami like triangle...very cool. :) It is his siebenstern cut. I actually have two that are about this size...approx. 10 mm. One is cut like a typical faceted gem and the other is cut with a cab like pavilion so it would sit lower in case I didn't like how high it sits as a ring stone.

img_20161119_010426.jpg

img_20161118_153110.jpg

img_20161118_153157.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results