carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

VL,

That is a cool looking anvil! Do you have a thread on all the jewellery you have made yourself? I'm learning metalsmithing now so would really like to see some self-made jewelry by others.

1001smiles

Shiny_Rock
Trade

I thought I'd post this moldavite pendant here, since we don't have too many examples of moldavite on PS. It was just completed by Jill, she did a great job as always. It's a flat bottom and checker top, which worked very well for the pendant since moldavite is usually very dark.

1001smiles-moldavite-pendant.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

Good to see it...It looks to be a nice piece, do you have a particular chain to put it on?

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock

Look what's coming my way soon. :Up_to_something:

I :love: :love: :love: Doug at Bespoke. He rocks!!

ascher topaz.jpg

Roger Dery

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Great looking asscher, and well executed too!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Combining these two things :Up_to_something: I'm putting this beautiful aqua that I bought from Freke into my pearl bracelet to replace the topaz. Sally at hearts of water will make the change and create a new mount hopefully with trying to keep the current motif.

Aquamarine is 6.17 cts., 13x9.7mm emerald cut by Barry. This aqua was mined in Mozambique and has a pleasant medium to medium/light slightly greenish blue color. It is flawless at 10x.

Attachments

• Sarahbrac.bmp
    675.1 KB · Views: 1,044
  • BigAqua.bmp
    145.7 KB · Views: 1,043

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Sarah - I'm looking forward to the results of your Diana bracelet revamp. Please be sure to post pictures when you get it back.

In other news, I picked up these chrysoprase earrings today from T Lee. Perfect for St. Patty's Day.

I also am having T Lee set my Roger Dery citrine pear into a pendant with a Kamoka pearl and some of her wonderful 24 kt gold weaving. So excited to be getting that in a few weeks.

And, I am having Stephen Vincent Design in Minneapolis set my monster two-toned pearl from Sarah at Kojima Pearls into a pendant with a blue sheen cabochon moonstone and rose gold. I picked up a pair of gorgeous blue sheen oval moonstone cabochons from a recent Barry Bridgestone drop, and S Vincent is setting these into matching earrings in rose gold. I will be sure to post lots of pictures when I get these projects back.

ChrysopraseEarring1.jpg

ChrysopraseEarring2.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pretty earrings, Flygirl. They look the perfect size. Also, can't wait to see your other projects as I love every component you mentioned - rose gold, pearls, moonstones... :appl:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Those chrysoprase earrings are gorgeous, Fly Girl! I've been looking for a stone with that color but have had no luck. I'm also a huge fan of yellow gold :lickout:

I'm expecting this Malaya garnet from Barry. It's 1.67 cts, 7mm. I'm really excited because I love this shade of pink!

Barry Malaya garnet.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby nurse|1331347476|3145381 said:
Those chrysoprase earrings are gorgeous, Fly Girl! I've been looking for a stone with that color but have had no luck. I'm also a huge fan of yellow gold :lickout:

I'm expecting this Malaya garnet from Barry. It's 1.67 cts, 7mm. I'm really excited because I love this shade of pink!

You must post photos of this when you get it. It's one of the palest shades of malaya I have ever seen, and that's probably pretty rare.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, that's just what Barry said.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful chrysophrase Flygirl and that Malaya looks a stunning colour. Be sure to post in-hand pics for us baby nurse :)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sarahbear621|1331302085|3144922 said:
Combining these two things :Up_to_something: I'm putting this beautiful aqua that I bought from Freke into my pearl bracelet to replace the topaz. Sally at hearts of water will make the change and create a new mount hopefully with trying to keep the current motif.

Aquamarine is 6.17 cts., 13x9.7mm emerald cut by Barry. This aqua was mined in Mozambique and has a pleasant medium to medium/light slightly greenish blue color. It is flawless at 10x.

What a wonderful swap. I loved the bracelet before but it's just going to seem somehow more regal this time around!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

After a pretty long hiatus from colored stones, I finally have everything set that I wanted to set, my wedding set is squared away, so back to my true love and dreaming in color!

I'm waiting for this 2.32ct sapphire to come in the mail. I've eyed it a few times but I've avoided it because of the shape, but I've really gotten bored of rounds and ovals, and want something little quirkier.

Sapphire.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

Well that does look interesting - any setting ideas? :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Starzin|1331506107|3146472 said:
Well that does look interesting - any setting ideas? :)
Nope but I'm open to suggestions! It's going into a ring and that's all I know.

Even though I think this pendant would be super pretty!

17_P711_tril_saph_fs.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

Oooooh! Are you sure you don't want that? It's gorgeous :love:

ETA: For a ring though...what immediately occurs to me is to turn it 90 degrees half bezel the long side and cradle the V side in diamonds - like a split shank half halo if you get my drift.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Another vote for the pendant!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

Then again...you could just make the pendant into a ring by turning it on its side with the diamond (non-articulated of course) towards you little finger.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love the pendant idea, MTG!

Here are a few recent acquisitions...

6.17 tourmaline from Barry. I wanted a "pad" coloured stone, more towards the pink vs. the orange. This one is orangy pink in most lighting, leaning more towards the pink, but today I caught it in a stunning, perfect blend of orange and pink, but with what I guess were spectral flashes (still learning the terminology). This picture does NOT do it justice, but it's all I've got.

IMG_0745.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

An Afghan tourmaline from Gene. Just under 4 carats, 10 mm. My niece asked if this was a diamond. :lol:

IMG_0747.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, NKOTB, you've really stepped up your game! :lickout: Those are both beautiful stones and two of my favorite colors in stones. I LOVE the colors in your tourm. It almost looks like a spinel in that it has flashes of different colors. It will make a phenomenal ring stone and every one will think its the biggest padparadscha they've ever seen! :cheeky:

As for the Afghan mint tourm, that's a beauty too. I love the minty colors of Afghani stones. What are your plans?

Oh and BTW, you're gonna have to change your avatar name - no way you're NKOTB now!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

One more thing - do you know the origin of the padparadscha tourmaline? Because that color is uncommon.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was thinking pendants for both, since they are so big, and I'd be worried about damage (if it was a spinel, the "pad" would be a ring for sure!). The one from Barry is from Mozambique. It generally looks pinker than in this picture, but looks great in all lighting. :)

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just got this 2.23 ct oval Umba Garnet from Weblorn. I hope its a keeper!

umbalite-223-oval.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

This thread makes me die with jealousy! Such pretty things you all are doing!

--- Laurie

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Im jealous too! So many gorgeous gems!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Flygirl - The color of your earrings is so very pretty!!!!
SarahB- Great idea! The aqua will look gorgorges in your bracelet!!!
Baby N- Your garnet is a beautiful shade of pink!
MTG- I love the cobalt blue sapphire! The shape is fascinating!
NKOTB- Both your tourmaline's are pretty. I LOVE the 6.17 carat. That would make unbelievable pendant! That color! Yummy!

Beautiful gems!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So many lovely stones to arrive shortly; I hope everyone starts a new thread for these new gemstones.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

I have some new CADs for some earring drops I'm having made. The pink is very light, don't let the CAD color fool you!

Special thanks to Barry B, Daniel M and Caren, and my husband, as one of the spinels was a Valentine's gift from him years ago.

pink drop CADs.jpg

pink spinel earring drops.jpg

lavender pink.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results