Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

This one shows the color pretty well.

IMG_4997.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock

faegrace|1309445116|2959040 said:
Sarah ~

Keeping fingers crossed for you.... :bigsmile: Your amethyst earrings and pendant are TDF, so I am sure these will be as well!

~ faegrace

Thanks Faegrace! I do love that set but I'm actually trying to sell them. I have another suite of Amethyst that are cushion cut that I"m putting in a more victorian theme set that I think I will like better and wear more often then my EC set. Sad but true....I have only worn them twice and once was for pictures to post on PS!

On another note- Barry couldn't cut a suite of pink tourmalines. Suggestions anyone?

SB621

Ideal_Rock

herekittykitty|1309922949|2962478 said:
IndyLady|1309922626|2962472 said:
Wow--those spinels are gorgeous. Will you be setting them in a three stone with a diamond center? I'm loving the look that you've posted and I don't see three stones around there often.
I can't decide if they should be studs or a three stone ring.

3 stone ring!!!!!!!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Those are a beautiful pair.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sarahbear621|1309952555|2962613 said:
faegrace|1309445116|2959040 said:
Sarah ~

Keeping fingers crossed for you.... :bigsmile: Your amethyst earrings and pendant are TDF, so I am sure these will be as well!

~ faegrace

Thanks Faegrace! I do love that set but I'm actually trying to sell them. I have another suite of Amethyst that are cushion cut that I"m putting in a more victorian theme set that I think I will like better and wear more often then my EC set. Sad but true....I have only worn them twice and once was for pictures to post on PS!

On another note- Barry couldn't cut a suite of pink tourmalines. Suggestions anyone?

Check with Bob Kast. He often cuts mutliple tourmaline pairs.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

Dana sent me a pretty little Santa Maria aquamarine as a free gift!

IMG_5061.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

IndyLady|1309882810|2961975 said:
..Freke, its Sunday..

..did you get ze big purchase? :naughty:
I did. And it'll be making it's way to Daniel M to be reset very shortly...I'm not particularly fond of masculine rings where metal is abundant and the stone is dwarfed...

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

Another picture.

Freke, I am not following the conversation....what did you get?

IMG_5056.jpg

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock

My pink tourmaline from Lloyd has arrived today! Sorry about the picture quality, they are by an iPhone..

photo%202_2.jpg

photo%201_0.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

faegrace|1308887896|2953758 said:
Freke ~

I so feel your pain!

Erin ~

Very nice. What are your plans for the rainbow cloud?

I have these coming soon.....

Umbalite%20Pair.jpg

I wish Faegrace would come back and let us know how these worked out for her and show pics.

Did someone from here get Doug's 10mm pale yellow beryl asscher? I thought I remembered reading that but don't recall pictures and I'd love to see them if one of us got it. Doug put up some outside shots a while back on his site and man I loved the color.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

herekittykitty|1310096257|2964409 said:
Freke, I am not following the conversation....what did you get?
A diamond. :Up_to_something:

I have a bunch more somethings on the way soon though!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

FrekeChild|1310096182|2964408 said:
..Freke, its Sunday..

I did. And it'll be making it's way to Daniel M to be reset very shortly...I'm not particularly fond of masculine rings where metal is abundant and the stone is dwarfed...

AKA "Super Bowl rings?"

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

As for me, I have plans for Daniel M to set my Barry round Merelani mint garnet and supernova purple spinel, my last 2 unset stones...but not in custom settings. I'm sending them the stones and the settings I bought for them, since I kind of lost faith in my local guy. The garnet will go in a rose gold trellis solitaire from jewelryhoo, and the spinel will go in a white gold ring with white sapphire sidestones that I bought secondhand. I'm also sending them a Barry green tourmaline set in a rose gold fishtail prong solitaire, the job that made me lose faith in the local guy. It's very noticeably crooked, so they're going to try to fix it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

jstarfireb|1311550337|2975988 said:
FrekeChild|1310096182|2964408 said:
..Freke, its Sunday..

AKA "Super Bowl rings?"
Pretty much...I'll attach a pic. I'll admit, it could have been worse, but still...not good!

DSCN0842 freke.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Wowee, that's a lot of metal. I can't wait to see what you do for its makeover!

deorwine

Shiny_Rock

Hey, no one's posted in this thread for a while?

I (finally) have a project, yay! I sent off my 1.85ct blue sapphire that I got around when the Little One was born to be mounted in a prong setting by Michael E and possibly recut. I am soooo excited about it (it's been kicking around in a cheap silver setting for eighteen months, and so I never dare to wear it anywhere where it might get knocked); however, I'm also very nervous about the post office because this is the first time probably ever that I've entrusted something so expensive (I've had more expensive stuff mailed to ME, but never mailed one out)... the post office has not done anything to assuage my fear by calling me up today and informing me that the padded envelope I gave them on Saturday wasn't eligible for registered mail and so I had to go back and put it in a box. Shouldn't the USPS employee know that?! At least since it was their fault they gave me a box for free, sigh. And then there's Chrono's story... I'm very nervous.

style_top.jpg

DSC01249.jpg

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock

Deorwine: Registered is the only USPS method I trust to send scary/expensive things US-UK or vice versa: I'm absolutely certain it'll get to its destination safely :)

Did anyone get anything from Barry's August sale? I got the heliodore that I have had had my eye on for months...! and one of the cheapy Orissa garnets just because a Barry cut makes everything beautiful. My bf is buying them for me as a birthday present: so guilt-free gem shopping too! Hurrah!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Be sure to post pics of that heliodore!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

natsplat|1312283574|2982195 said:
Deorwine: Registered is the only USPS method I trust to send scary/expensive things US-UK or vice versa: I'm absolutely certain it'll get to its destination safely :)

Did anyone get anything from Barry's August sale? I got the heliodore that I have had had my eye on for months...! and one of the cheapy Orissa garnets just because a Barry cut makes everything beautiful. My bf is buying them for me as a birthday present: so guilt-free gem shopping too! Hurrah!

I noticed that heliodore was snapped up! Yes, definitely post photos!

I haven't bought anything during the sale, yet, but noticed that a few of Barry's jewelry pieces were sold. Any PS'ers ready to confess to those? :naughty:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

i picked up this guy. The color spoke to me... http://www.acstones.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=10&idproduct=411

eta: i got these too...

From Tan- this color is just amazing.. finally saw it in day light. It glows indoors, and just sparkles and twinkles in my office light. It's slightly sleepy but man the color packs a punch. 7mm, and perfectly cut too. Looks surprisingly similar to a Loliondo spess from Gene! (i have a small reddish pink neon spinel from tan that i just adore, but this color might be a close second. I have a very soft spot for orangish pink gems)

http://www.odysseygem.com/view-image-23909

Then i got these from Weblorn last week. Been watching them for a while, noticed she had a sale.. took the plunge and bought the emerald-ish cut one. Turns out she's down the street from me so she delivered!! Since i wasn't sure about the mint garnet, i asked her to bring that along... when i saw it, i told her i'd take it. :bigsmile: Her location is BAD for my wallet.

Weblorn 1.57 mint garnet.jpg

Weblorn 1.68 tsav.jpg

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock

packrat, Aoife: I definitely will! I may have to wait until my birthday though *sulk* ;-) - ie end of September.

fortekitty: wow - I love your haul! The different spectrum of greens is just gorgeous! You've reminded me that I am still aching after Doug's mint garnet acorn. I love that cool-mint sparkle! Your Tan stone is a fab shade: I have a yen for salmon-pink-orange shades too.

Load of pics please once you have them in hand :)

Slightly OT: I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO antsy about seeing the finished pictures of my ering! Dan and Caren sent the CAD off a week and a half ago, and I know it is imminent: but OMG it is so hard to wait calmly! As I'm in the UK, I wake up every morning and check my emails on my phone first thing to see if I got an update in the middle of the night - literally my waking thought :shock: :loopy: :shock:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

natsplat|1312365886|2982962 said:
packrat, Aoife: I definitely will! I may have to wait until my birthday though *sulk* ;-) - ie end of September.

fortekitty: wow - I love your haul! The different spectrum of greens is just gorgeous! You've reminded me that I am still aching after Doug's mint garnet acorn. I love that cool-mint sparkle! Your Tan stone is a fab shade: I have a yen for salmon-pink-orange shades too.

Load of pics please once you have them in hand :)

Slightly OT: I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO antsy about seeing the finished pictures of my ering! Dan and Caren sent the CAD off a week and a half ago, and I know it is imminent: but OMG it is so hard to wait calmly! As I'm in the UK, I wake up every morning and check my emails on my phone first thing to see if I got an update in the middle of the night - literally my waking thought :shock: :loopy: :shock:

I know the feeling!!! Its going to worth the wait though. Your 3 stone is TDF!!! :cheeky: :love: Please post tons of pix when you receive it!!! :appl:

deorwine

Shiny_Rock

Okay, I have another antsy scaredy-cat mail question. If my registered mail package is delivered on Thursday and Michael can't pick it up until Monday, they won't try to send it back to me or anything, will they? Grrrr.

natspat, I am so excited to see your ring! (And thanks for the reassurance!)

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

The internet is a dangerous place. I went on a *cough* slight shopping spree. I'll be receiving this either Thursday or Friday. (bought it for the light yellow diamond and not the setting) This one will be shipping tomorrow. And this is being sent to IGI for certification before sending to me so I'll be getting it closer to September.

SSP299-4.63-carat-star-sapphire-new_LRG.jpg

492212725_tp.jpg

4459_di_image_04bef.jpg

happybear

Shiny_Rock

Wow, Kismet! That is some slight shopping spree you had ;-)

Can't wait to see more photos when you receive them!

I am guilty of the same too :bigsmile: Went for quite a spree last month!

Bought a spinel and sapphire from Dana.

Also bidded for several of Uli's gems. My favourite is his star shaped citrine. Also managed to get a matching pair of Girasol but have not had a chance to photograph them. The photo below shows the citrine and a rosequartz (also from Uli)

Mastercut_gems.jpg

Osirisgem.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Well maybe I have been many posts by Kenny.... :$$):

Called DBL and bought a unique FLY diamond. I should get it tomorrow. I love the color though the diamond is not exactly symmetrical, though GIA labeled it good. Regardless for some reason the color called to me. I haven't figured out yet wheat I will do it with it, but I'm hoping when I see it in person tomorrow I will be over the moon. Regardless David (or whoever I talked to on the phone) was a complete doll to work with and I will definitely recommend him in the future.
:bigsmile:

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

herekittykitty|1309950242|2962602 said:
This one shows the color pretty well.
On their way home!

il_fullxfull.263578913.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

I bought this unheated, 1.14 ct peach Umba sapphire from Peter Torraca (www.torraca.net) a couple of months ago. I am so in love with this color. It has a large feather that is obvious in indirect light during the day at a certain angle, and it was priced accordingly. At night indoors, it shifts to a pink and the inclusion disappears. The precision cutting is superb, and Peter was responsive to emails. My plan is toset it a prong-set diamond halo (to set off the peach color), with a plain shank.

Sap448_crop.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock

I just want to mention that MasterGoldCraft on etsy has reasonable prices on settings.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock

pregcurious: that is beautiful! I love its delicate colour(s), and I'm always a sucker for a round ;-) looking forward to more pictures...!

I'm still waiting for both my birthday Barry sale gems AND my ering to arrive, both Recorded Delivery. The USPS site gets far too much traffic from me :errrr: :oops:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results