shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling as spessartite experts!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all--

I am trying to get a sense of what merits as a "quality" spessartite--I saw this one on ebay, and just wondered what the experts had to say. I am a bright color person, and I have all but given up on getting a hot pink spinel ;(

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370316007091&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

From the pictures it looks to be fairly orange without a lot of brown or red but might not be incredibly saturated. Anyone agree?

Thanks!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
On my monitor it looks quite brown. Unfortunately I can't see the video, so this is just based on the photo. Personally, I'd keep looking.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see a brown modifier as well in the still, and like Aoife I cannot access the video. Unless you really like that almost amber orange, I would keep looking too.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Erin that looks very brown I'm afraid. If you're wanting a bright bright colour then this may not suit you. Trying to find a fanta orange spess is a challenge and they're not plentiful unfortunately.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I'm no expert but I just got my spess I posted a few weeks ago from ebay's weblorn and i reccomend her. Her gems are always much better than pictured. She accepted my offer that was 33% less than list. She has two ovals now that look like they're from the same parcel. Not top color but nice and very clean. I don't see brown in my stone and the cut is fab.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelpie! I saw your lovely self wearing your lovely earrings and think you are stunning and so pretty!

ETA: sorry for the threadjack

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
*blush* You're very kind, Minous, but it's all smoke and mirrors. I swear.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the advice and info!

Kelpie, I will check out weblorn!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good that you are not buying this one!
I have bought several stones from Weblorn. Her prices are good, and her stones are good. The spessartites I bought from were from Lloliondo and as such, had a little bit of brownish in them, but also bright-yellowish-orange. I once bought a very included Lloliondo from Gene but it was neon-yellow without any brown in it. It is worth looking into if he has any material left.

On the ebay, check paraibainternational. They have an expensive round spessartite cabochon, but if their pictures are to be colored, it is very nice.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, I dunno if this one fits the bright orange color you're looking for... It's not a spess though ::)

O_Tourm.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results