shape
carat
color
clarity

Bob Kast Rubellite set & collection pics plus bonus diamond!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all. Just had some time to myself today so I thought I'd take some pics with the new lens. The rubellite is a 1.0 ct. Bob Kast stone, and I'm loving how it retains it's colour in all lighting!

The setting is another story. I won this setting for under $60, so I suppose I got what I paid for, but my jeweler is going to look for some replacement melee for me for some of those really dark diamonds in the halo. Overall, I'm really happy with this one.

IMG 585a.jpg

IMG 579a.jpg

IMG 567a.jpg

IMG 361a.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Bob Kast Rubellite set & collection pics plus bonus diam

More . . .

IMG 390a.jpg

IMG 558a.jpg

IMG 367a.jpg

IMG 496a.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Even more . . .

IMG 471a.jpg

IMG 474a.jpg

IMG 479a.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Bored yet?

IMG 480a.jpg

IMG 487a.jpg

IMG 505a.jpg

IMG 488a.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Some of the favourites . . .

IMG 530a.jpg

IMG 511a.jpg

IMG 513a.jpg

IMG 511aa.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

The coloured rings. . .

IMG 425a.jpg

IMG 442a.jpg

IMG 440a.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

.58 ct. Transitional oval diamond. Alj and I have nearly the same exact diamond, so I'm trying to convince her I need hers for a pair of earrings, or something . . . :Up_to_something:

Thanks for looking!

IMG 396a.jpg

IMG 380a.jpg

IMG 380aa.jpg

IMG 375a.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Let me be the first to volunteer to be your hand model. You are putting far too much stress on your joints in the CS photos. I'd be delighted to relieve you of the blue & green stones.

Seriously....niiiiice collection.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Matata|1289783753|2766085 said:
Let me be the first to volunteer to be your hand model. You are putting far too much stress on your joints in the CS photos. I'd be delighted to relieve you of the blue & green stones.

Seriously....niiiiice collection.

LOL, Matata. Thank you for your generous offer! I'm partial to greens and blues, too. . . :naughty:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lauren,
Love your new BK rubellite. It looks like a Mahenge spinel in your photos. Great ring shots!! That's how my fingers look all the time! LOL!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

Holy smokes - LOVE these shots with your new macro lens! I think the rubellite looks even better now that it's set - I see what you mean about the dark diamonds, but honestly, it's hard to notice with that blazing tourmaline! I hope to see more of these beauties in person sometime.

And hey, is that a NYC polish on your fingertips??

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

:love: OMG get me the smelling salts I'm weak in the knees! The collection pics Lauren.. :lickout:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

That is all. :bigsmile:

As usual, just AMAZING Lauren! I love seeing new threads from you!!!!!!! :appl:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

TL - LOL, thank you! I totally thought of you when I had just a couple/few on my hands. The I just said "OH, F it!" and put them ALL on my hand! :love:

Cellantini - Thank you, my dear! If I'm back in NYC in the spring (which I'm hoping to do, just have to get my ducks in a row), you'll definitely be seeing it in person! And yes, that is my woefully "out of the lines" Big Apple Red home manicure. I'm not quite used to not having pink & whites anymore, so my poor fingers have such incredibly short nails now. I'm almost out of that Big Apple Red, btw. It's a shame I didn't snag all of Renee's extras when we were checking out of the W. :naughty:

Packrat - Thank you! You're hilarious, woman!

Andi - Thank you! I have more pics; just haven't edited them yet. Perhaps I'll work on that sometime tomorrow while the boss is in meetings. :Up_to_something:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Holy cow!! What a collection of rings :love: :love: :love: My jaw dropped when I scrolled down to the pic of all the colored rings on your fingers(nice nails, BTW)! Man, I wish logr still carried some of those settings :((

Your new rubellite from Bob is gorgeous and it looks great in that setting.

Fabulous diamond!

Thanks for sharing-- this is just the kind of thread that perks up a Sunday evening =)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my gosh! You always have the most amazing rings! :love:

LOVE your collection pics too! YUM!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You can open a jewellery store with all those rings! Your new rubellite could have also fooled me for a Mahenge spinel; lovely stone.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

Such YUMMY goodness....those colors are delicious!!!! Lauren, you've got me drooling over here....more photos, please! :appl:

Lori

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

Love the new rubellite! Its a great color. The hand full of color stone rings is a great shot, not to mention the new signature pic. Love it!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Lauren, your colored collection is ginormous! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I especially love the pic where you lined them all up like a rainbow. I can only dream of having a collection like yours - maybe if I quit my job and go live in a jewelry store!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can't even comment on the collection but the rubellite is lovely, the setting is awesome, and as Sonomacounty has mentioned, "this guy (e.i. Bob Kast) can cut"!.

agatha.nl

Shiny_Rock

what?!! :o ..................................................................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................................................................
sorry, i fainted
:lol:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was serious! Look at the stone! I, too, was fooled and thought it was a Mahenge. And it is an oval, and no bowtie, just a nice, clean cut!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock

LPT, your collection is beyond amazing! Your pictures are always so great too. They really make me want to improve my photography skills!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Babynurse - Thank you so much for your kind comments! LOGR has been really frustrating recently, so I completely understand. I've still got about 4 empty settings now, one of which is an LOGR and it's probably one of the best quality diamonds he's ever sent me.

Laila - Thank you! I love having time to myself to take pics in our bathroom of sparklies! I can't imagine this will be a solitary incident. :Up_to_something:

Chrono - Thank you! High praise coming from you. I used to favour my Mahange, but the Rubellite is the new favourite.

Lori - Just for you, I'll work on editing some more pics later today! *hugs*

Kismet - Thank you! I had some inspiration for my sig pic, though. I've always looked forward to your posts because of your collection pics. ;))

Sandyandisaac - Thank you! This is what happens when you spend a huge portion of your time in the CS forum. I had ONE coloured stone ring "project" in 2007. I've even given some to family over the past few years so that I could watch them enjoy them! Unless I have a girl when we have children, my niece is going to inherit one heck of a collection!

Crasru - Admittedly, this is the first Bob Kast stone that I've bought that I really loved. I had bought a darker toned sapphire from him a while back, and while the cut was lovely, the colour wasn't the greatest. I ended up keeping it, and I'm so happy I took another shot at buying this rubellite from him. I couldn't be any happier with his cutting! I need to get a pair of small round stones from this parcel now for earrings!

Agatha - LOL, thank you!

Burberrygirl - Thank you! I've had my DSLR for just over a year, but finally got a lens that makes taking pics of gemstones a dream. It's a Tamron 90mm 2.8 macro lens and it absolutely destroys my P&S for macro shots. The only negative is that it is a tad bit slow to focus. But, with anything, it's trial and error to get it right.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

LTP, I'm completely flabbergasted. Even if there are a few iffy diamonds in the halo, the ring looks amazing, I wouldn't have even noticed them if you hadn't pointed them out since I was completely in awe of the rubellite.

Oh and love that tranny!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

davi_el_mejor|1289923330|2768347 said:
LTP, I'm completely flabbergasted. Even if there are a few iffy diamonds in the halo, the ring looks amazing, I wouldn't have even noticed them if you hadn't pointed them out since I was completely in awe of the rubellite.

Oh and love that tranny!

Thank you, Davi! I just asked Bob for a matched pair of rounds so I can make some earrings out of this rough. It's really, really beautiful stuff!

I just added a few more shots I have taken with this lens. Love this thing! It makes taking macro pics so fun!

IMG 144a.jpg

IMG 146a.jpg

IMG 165a.jpg

IMG 199a.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Couple more.

IMG 219a.jpg

IMG 232a.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You new ring is beautiful, I love that color....you collection, OMG it is freaking amazing, wow, I thought you had alot but no idea it was this much, you lucky women!!!!!!!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

Lauren - Your collection is ridiculous, and I am jealous. That is all. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results