shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Paraiba Tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Just a couple of stones to post. The smaller one actually is a higher carat than the one that faces larger (2.1ct/1.45ct). Also, it was posted before.

2.1ct (top stone)
6.2x7.3x4.3mm

1.45ct (bottom stone)
6.30x8x4.20 (Portuguese cut)

The 1.45ct has a hugh window (ugh!), but the color of it is magnificent. It makes the other one look a bit gray.

SSCN1948.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Side by side, compared to the color of the pool...

SSCN1949.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

SSCN1947.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
These must be one of my favorite colored gems!

SSCN1945.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif

SSCN1946.JPG

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
This a picture of the one I just got for Christmas. I know the picture quality is pretty shoddy but until i fiqure out what the heck is up with my camera...it''s all i got.

IMG_2411a.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful color...and I love your twisted band!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo love the color on both and I really love your bands with your ER!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty stones!! What do you plan on doing with them?

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Sorry wasn''t trying to hijack your thread.

Where did you find your stones?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see the attraction to blue paraiba tourmaline. Very pretty color. You are fortunate to have such nice stones in your collection.

Lisa

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! That color is so lovely... Reminds me of my honeymoon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty color!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stones and color mochi

mochi

Ideal_Rock
rparker: Thank you so much for your kind words. I really love the setting of your ring and your stone. Very pretty. I got both of these stones from ebay.

DiamondDana, Catmom, Ltlfirecracker, Loriken, LisaRN, Tuckins, Marcy, and Linda: Thank you! I really love this color, it just glows.

TL: Thanks you. I''m not going to set it, just keep it in the box for a bit. But if I do decide, it''ll be in a yellow gold ring. I''ve seen your rings and they are just stunning and I love the yellow gold with this particular stone.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/27/2008 11:34:13 PM
Author: mochi
rparker: Thank you so much for your kind words. I really love the setting of your ring and your stone. Very pretty. I got both of these stones from ebay.

DiamondDana, Catmom, Ltlfirecracker, Loriken, LisaRN, Tuckins, Marcy, and Linda: Thank you! I really love this color, it just glows.

TL: Thanks you. I''m not going to set it, just keep it in the box for a bit. But if I do decide, it''ll be in a yellow gold ring. I''ve seen your rings and they are just stunning and I love the yellow gold with this particular stone.
Thank you Mochi. I think Paraibas look awesome in yellow or rose gold. I don''t care for them in white gold - having learned the hard way and seeing someone else''s very expensive white gold/paraiba experience.

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 2:20:11 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Thank you Mochi. I think Paraibas look awesome in yellow or rose gold. I don''t care for them in white gold - having learned the hard way and seeing someone else''s very expensive white gold/paraiba experience.

Having just received a tourmaline, pariaba in white gold, i''d like to hear the details of thiis as I''ve missed it apparently. Thanks!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2008 9:39:31 PM
Author: rparker1998

Having just received a tourmaline, pariaba in white gold, i''d like to hear the details of thiis as I''ve missed it apparently. Thanks!
I rather not mention the details since it was a PS''er, and I don''t think she was happy with the outcome of her paraiba in white gold (I could be wrong, but that was the sense of what I got from her posting). She had originally wanted yellow or rose gold, but ended up with white gold since the setter took artistic license (I''m probably giving too much information away right there). I have one in white gold, and I prefer the ones I have to be in yellow gold. A paraiba dealer also told me they tend to look much much better in yellow gold as well.

The cuprians that tend to look more like aquamarines can fare in either white or yellow gold. The more neon stones tend to look better in yellow or rose gold. JMO.

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/29/2008 10:05:50 PM

Date: 12/29/2008 9:39:31 PM
Author: rparker1998

I rather not mention the details since it was a PS''er, and I don''t think she was happy with the outcome of her paraiba in white gold (I could be wrong, but that was the sense of what I got from her posting). She had originally wanted yellow or rose gold, but ended up with white gold since the setter took artistic license (I''m probably giving too much information away right there). I have one in white gold, and I prefer the ones I have to be in yellow gold. A paraiba dealer also told me they tend to look much much better in yellow gold as well.

The cuprians that tend to look more like aquamarines can fare in either white or yellow gold. The more neon stones tend to look better in yellow or rose gold. JMO.

TL you never cease to amaze me with your vast knowledge. What I wouldn''t give to pick your brain about your gemstone knowledge for say an hour or day or two...I wish this forum allowed us to Private Message each other..

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Purchased a couple more...

SSCN2321.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I know there are windows, but the color is just so great, I don''t mind it.

SSCN2322.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
My favorite one is second from the top. I would love to set it in rose gold!!

SSCN2323.JPG

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Why haven''t I seen these before????

Wow Mochi, those are incredible. It looks like you''re holding droplets of ocean in your hands - so jealous!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I would love to get a EM..

SSCN2324.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2009 12:47:29 PM
My favorite one is second from the top. I would love to set it in rose gold!!
I love the next one down! Yes, I think the one you like best has a bit more green, and would look amazing with a redder yellow setting.

Very pretty stones!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results