shape
carat
color
clarity

Barry's ACS August Sale: Who got What?

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Happy August 1, 'Scopers!

Barry's sitewide 20% sale! Who is getting what?

I'll start:

Citrine: 14.4x 10mm buffed-top pear. A medium, slightly orangish golden color and looks like a suspended drop of golden liquid. It has a faceted pavilion and a cabbed crown. From Brazil, it is flawless at 10x.

Should make a fab JKT solitare Polly or Katie setting to showcase the unusual cut on this one.

For my husband, the Black Star Diopside: 21.50 cts., 20x15mm oval cabochon. This star diopside hs a sharp 4-ray star and comes from India.

Okay, let's see what everyone else got today/this month!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I just bought a stone from Barry right before he put them on sale. Maybe he'll honor the sale price if I ask him?

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and I know "the rules:" Will post pics this week when the stones arrive :lol:

newbaglover

Rough_Rock
I cannot see the sale, when I get to monthly specials it is still the july special dispaying... where do you see wich pieces are 20% off?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I just got back from the ball game (Twins won!), logged in and picked up this recently posted green zircon suite. No plans for them yet. I like to pick up pretty potential sidestones whenever they happen to appear. :appl:

Barry writes--1.73 tcw., 2-4.8mm and 1-4.6mm fancy round brilliants[Gec]. These green zircons are from Sri Lanka. The green color is caused by minute amounts of thorium and uranium(safe levels!). All three stones are just short of flawless at 10x.

BarryGreenZirconSuite.jpg

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I caved...got the set of Moonstones!

Laura

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I got the following:

the 22k YG moonstone earrings

the rubellite cab pair

the tiny ruby pair (for my girlfriend)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
newbaglover said:
I cannot see the sale, when I get to monthly specials it is still the july special dispaying... where do you see wich pieces are 20% off?

Everything is on sale. When you go to the "Sale" section, yes it still shows July and garnets, but if you go to the inventory, EVERYTHING is on sale.

I'm sitting this one out. I had one thing in mind, but they are already gone, so yeah...

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
flygirl, excellent plan and those are swingin' green stones. I wish I had scored those, I have an 8-mm asscher white topaz from Bespoke Gems and those would make it look delicious!!! How did I miss those!!!!

You really can't have too many side or accent stones in reserve, you know... :bigsmile:

yingh, Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Largosmom, good stuff!!!

As usual, PS-ers aquit themselves well :lol:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
StonieGrl said:
flygirl, excellent plan and those are swingin' green stones. I wish I had scored those, I have an 8-mm asscher white topaz from Bespoke Gems and those would make it look delicious!!! How did I miss those!!!!

You really can't have too many side or accent stones in reserve, you know... :bigsmile:

yingh, Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Largosmom, good stuff!!!

As usual, PS-ers aquit themselves well :lol:

Yes, indeed, about having side stones in reserve. Looks like I'm not the only one thinking that way. yingh, I'd have gotten those rubellite cabs, but I already have a pair set into earrings, and I try to hold back sometimes. :rolleyes: They should be lovely.

Laura, looking forward to pictures of those lovely moonstones. Yum!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly, I just went back to the ACS website because I could not BELIEVE I missed that green zircon trio plus I had to see the moonstone and moonstone earrings.

OMG, that moonstone trio, amazing, and I can't wait to see them set into something.

The moonstone earrings, yingh, very very pretty and you know, Largosmom posted ear shots, hint hint, of her newest auricular acquistion. =)

Some really good stuff went to PS homes. Should be interesting to see how the rest of the sale month plays out. I still am watching three things...

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
StonieGrl said:
Fly, I just went back to the ACS website because I could not BELIEVE I missed that green zircon trio plus I had to see the moonstone and moonstone earrings.

:bigsmile: Thanks, Stonie.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its not part of his August sale but I have a 1.23 CT tsavorite coming from Barry next week. I hope I love this one as much as my other Barry tsav. He was very impressed with the stone so that bodes well! I will post pics when it comes!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its not part of his August sale but I have a 1.23 CT tsavorite coming from Barry next week. I hope I love this one as much as my other Barry tsav. He was very impressed with the stone so that bodes well! I will post pics when it comes!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Largosmom said:
I caved...got the set of Moonstones!

Laura

I had just bookmarked those for future purchase. I had no idea they were flying off the selves. I must see what you do with them!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
He has one more large moonstone that I mooned over a bit. :lickout:
and

auricular acquisition

you have a way with words.....laughing!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
StonieGrl said:

OMG, that moonstone trio, amazing, and I can't wait to see them set into something.

The moonstone earrings, yingh, very very pretty and you know, Largosmom posted ear shots, hint hint, of her newest auricular acquistion. =)

Some really good stuff went to PS homes. Should be interesting to see how the rest of the sale month plays out. I still am watching three things...

Thanks, =) hint noted :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Barry told me that the gold alone was worth the price and I am so excited! :razz:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, so who bought those yummy garnet and rubellite cabs? Congrats to Yingh on the rubellite cab pair. Ooh! I can’t believe someone’s in the process of getting the watermelon tourmaline pair. If it’s a PSer and decides NOT to keep them, please let me know! :kiss:

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I bought this CR-1919 Chrysoberyl(J) 1.77 cts, 8.1x5.5 Supernova oval[Gec]. This Tanzanian chrysoberyl has a very slightly greenish, medium yellow color and is better than eyeclean with a few small bubble-like inclusions on one end. BB

If you remembered in an earlier thread. I was contemplating if to get this Chrysoberyl or the other round one from Barry's. Barry did mention that is kind of weird as the oval has more sparkle. A long oval usually just doesn't outdo a round on that score. I did not proceed with the purchase then as I already have a couple of Barry's supernova oval. But well, there's a sale on! So this is the first stone I go for! Not to mention, I have this 8X6 logr oval ring mount I had purchased some time ago that could just fits well =) hopefully there is not too much brown IRL, I will post some photos when it reaches me!

cr-1919g_2103_general.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm jealous Chic! Looking forward to your pics when it comes!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I picked up the rutiliated quartz briolette, the chrysoprase carving of a frog and the montana agate/black jade intarsia necklace.

q-6119g_128_general.jpg

ch-6553g_2092_general.jpg

IN-5515J.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Chict, you just saved me from myself, that chrysoberyl was on my short list to check before the end of the sale!

Wear it/play with it in good health! Just be sure to share pics when you set that pretty baby :lol:

Kismet, that quartz briolette is so pretty, the necklace and the frog are beautiful too. Barry has interesting and unique items, doesn't he. Do you collect froggy things or just loved the color and carving?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought this chrysoberyl from Barry today. I'd had my eye on it for months so I'm really excited to have finally gotten it :appl:

It's 4.5 ct and 9.5mm.

chrysoberyl.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Heh, another one on my short list===GONE!

I guess we all have discerning eyes! :wavey:

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
packrat said:
I'm jealous Chic! Looking forward to your pics when it comes!

Sure Packrat & StonieGrl! Barry ships fast, will certainly post some photos when its here;-)

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
StonieGrl said:
Heh, another one on my short list===GONE!

I guess we all have discerning eyes! :wavey:

Well, I know how you feel... I had my heart set on the moonstones :((

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I like the little froggie!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Chrono said:
OK, so who bought those yummy garnet and rubellite cabs? Congrats to Yingh on the rubellite cab pair. Ooh! I can’t believe someone’s in the process of getting the watermelon tourmaline pair. If it’s a PSer and decides NOT to keep them, please let me know! :kiss:

It is not me, but I was considering them until I saw the "sale pending" post.

That was the only thing that I would have considered buying. Everything else I liked was a bit over budget even on sale :(

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
LtlFirecracker said:
Chrono said:

It is not me, but I was considering them until I saw the "sale pending" post.

That was the only thing that I would have considered buying. Everything else I liked was a bit over budget even on sale :(

:naughty: :bigsmile: ;))

AussieNic

Rough_Rock
I got myself one of the Tanga Garnets..Just have to wait for it to make it's way to me in Australia. It is my first gemstone purchase, and I need to educate myself a bit more before buying any more i think. Will have to work out how to post pics on the new forum, since it has been awhile since i have been on here.
I keep thinking about the carved opal doublet that look like a butterfly, and how amazing it would look as a necklace for my daughter who is 10. I showed it to her, and she loves the idea too.. will have to think this one over...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results