carat
color
clarity

Barry's ACS August Sale: Who got What?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SS,
You MUST post pictures of the watermelon pair.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AussieNic said:
I got myself one of the Tanga Garnets..Just have to wait for it to make it's way to me in Australia. It is my first gemstone purchase, and I need to educate myself a bit more before buying any more i think. Will have to work out how to post pics on the new forum, since it has been awhile since i have been on here.
I keep thinking about the carved opal doublet that look like a butterfly, and how amazing it would look as a necklace for my daughter who is 10. I showed it to her, and she loves the idea too.. will have to think this one over...

Oh, I think you should get that carved opal doublet for your daughter! It's such a sweet idea! It really would make such a pretty pendant.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Total newbie here....who's Barry/AVC and where can I find these lovelies you're describing???

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkle in the mail from our budster Barry! yay!

I have a few pics, took them with my new Droid phone. Let's see...

stoniecitrine1.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
The details of this citrine are in the first posting to this thread. It has a cabbed top, smooth and shiny, with honeycomb faceting on the pavilion. A nice sized girdle, so will set with JKT for maximum stone exposure.

stoniecitrine2.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for loads of pics. I used to hardly be able to post at all with my krap Nikon.

stoniecitrine3.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Coming to a close.

stoniecitrine5.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
This is the large star diopside my husband wanted. Had trouble showing the asterism, we're expecting a storm outside so no sunlight and the lighting from the camera is not getting star to come out. There are some 6 x 8 star diopside paired with it for fun.

blckstardiop1.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
These stones are perched on a big piece of Galena, pretty nice specimen from our mineral specimen collection. The citrine on all the shiny stuff? Pyrite.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
StonieGrl, great pictures! I love that citrine and your hubby’s star diopside looks very cool.

SS, I can’t wait to see pictures of your watermelon pair.

Fly Girl, nice buy! I’m always looking out for potential sidestones too.

Largos, those moonstones are beautiful. I was tempted to buy them; I hope you’ll post lots of pictures.

Yingh, I seriously love everything you bought! I saw those moonstone earrings and thought they’d make a pretty present for my mom but she has enough earrings lol ;-). I love the rubellite pair too; I seriously had to force myself not to buy those. Plus you bought that gorgeous diamond that I was eying. I absolutely love your jewelry. I’ve been on a gem diet lately so thank you for buying everything I like! :))

Chic, I love that chrysoberyl. It was on my short list but I’m glad it went to you. I can’t wait to see what you do with it!

Great buys, Kismet! Very cool/unique pieces!

Baby Nurse, I’m glad you got the chrysoberyl! It’s very pretty, what are you going to do with it?

AussieNic, congrats on your first gemstone purchase! That carved opal would make a great necklace for your daughter.

I decided to sit this sale out. It’s been very hard but I haven’t been buying gems because of my huge project with JKT. I’m glad all my favs went to PSers though! :bigsmile:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought the spess ring. I don't really like orange but I love a flamey red orange. And I really liked the photo.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Burberry Girl, I can't wait to check it out!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I hesitate to post, because I don't have pictures yet (left my stones at work Friday), but my moonstones arrived late last week and are very lovely. They are a very clear crystalline color, with a deep royal blue flash that rolls across the surface. My rainbow moonstones have a far lighter sky blue flash, it's totally different.

I have no idea yet what I will do with them. I am tempted to set them together into a setting using all three...but may go the route of earrings/pendant or earrings/ring.

Will post pics as soon as I can take some this week.

Laura

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
StonieGrl said:
Sparkle in the mail from our budster Barry! yay!

I have a few pics, took them with my new Droid phone. Let's see...

Oooh, I can't resist commenting...a fellow droid user! I love mine. Actually my computer kinda died a few days ago and the droid is holding me over until the new one arrives. The camera on mine isn't that good though (it's the original motorola droid).

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, BG!

jstarfireb, I completely :love: my LG Droid!!!!!! Got it at Costco (free) under my existing AllTel Verizon plan, just added the $29 data package. It is the most user friendly 'computer' I've ever worked with. Takes great pics and video too :mrgreen:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice stones, Stoniegrl. Citrine is on my short list. I like how it comes in such a variety of yellows.

Your husband's stone is very cool , as well.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Largosmom said:
I hesitate to post, because I don't have pictures yet (left my stones at work Friday), but my moonstones arrived late last week and are very lovely. They are a very clear crystalline color, with a deep royal blue flash that rolls across the surface. My rainbow moonstones have a far lighter sky blue flash, it's totally different.

I have no idea yet what I will do with them. I am tempted to set them together into a setting using all three...but may go the route of earrings/pendant or earrings/ring.

Will post pics as soon as I can take some this week.

Laura

I'm looking forward to your pics, Laura! I "almost" bought them last Sunday but just couldn't make up my mind. Glad they went to someone who is enjoying them =)

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the chrysoberyl that I got from Barry about a week ago.

4.5 c
9.5 mm

I really like this picture, but I didn't mean to post it twice :confused:

Anyway, the stone is a beautiful shade of yellow, with a high crown and small table.

Imported Photos 00352.JPG

Imported Photos 00355.JPG

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse said:

4.5 c
9.5 mm

Anyway, the stone is a beautiful shade of yellow, with a high crown and small table.

Wow, that is so much brighter than the photo on Barry's site! Looks like liquid gold, you lucky thing!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: Ohhhh I love it so much! What're you going to do with it??

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife said:
baby nurse said:

4.5 c
9.5 mm

Wow, that is so much brighter than the photo on Barry's site! Looks like liquid gold, you lucky thing!

Thank you, Aoife! It does look like liquid gold; I was shocked when I saw it!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packrat, I LOVE this stone! It isn't at all what I expected. I thought it would be pretty but I'm absolutely in love with this shade of yellow. It's the first thing I noticed before I even got the foam packing off of it. And it sparkles like mad!

I'm hoping to have it eventually set in a setting similar to the one Yingh (hope I have the right person) had her Barry aqua set in. Or maybe the LOGR lotus setting.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seriously that thing is giving me the palpitations. Refresh my drink on Barry's picture??

Dangit I was trying to move to a different project b/c the chryso one is kicking me in the rear but..I see that stone and I want one too!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is Barry's picture, packrat. Sorry for getting you thinking about your own chryso project again, lol!

chrysoberyl.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza BN! :love: Good job picking that one up!

I'm regretfully sitting out Barry's sale this year... ;(

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Brandy! Yes, I really was lucky to pick this one up. It's my first yellow stone and I love it! I had been wanting a chrysoberyl for awhile and had also been thinking that a yellow sapphire would be nice sometime in the (distant) future. So I got both the chrysoberyl and my need for something yellow satisfied, lol!

Waiting out a sale is hard. That had been my plan also with Barry's sale...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey let's all play a game called "Don't post in here anymore b/c Missi has to scroll down past BN's pictures and it makes her heart stop which isn't good for her or her bank account with the moths flying out of it"

Gah. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results