shape
carat
color
clarity

baby blues

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
I'm terribly tempted by those pictures posted of Richard Homer's lovely work. Since, at least for the summer, I'm not so terribly underpaid, I thought perhaps I might be able to afford a small pendant.

I've found a few cuts that I like (the concave pentagon, maple leaf (marrying a Canadian, what can I say), and snowflake), but what I don't know is what stones come in blue. Since it's a pendant, I don't see it getting beat up, but I do want to wear it on a nearly-daily basis. (Except for earrings and a few bead necklaces, I tend to have one of everything, and wear it all the time -- one ring, one watch)

I love all sort of blue, but I'm looking specifically for something that has sufficient contrast with black (because I wear a lot of black -- it always matches!), so I'm looking for something in the lighter shades. What type of stones should I be looking for? Does anyone have any preferences among those cuts? Note that price is a consideration, I'd prefer not to go /too/ expensive, since I'm still a student, even if I'm temporarily a reasonably-paid student...

Thanks so much
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
aqua baby!!! i adore aquamarines.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
oops, wrong type of stone. I'll have to look up acquamarines...

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
Just another note -- I told my SO about my plans, and sent him links to some stones on PS. I asked him if he liked them, and thought it was a good idea, and he responded as follows:

1. If you're happy, I'm happy.
2. Then again, every time you buy yourself something pretty like that, you deprive me of a chance to delight you.

I guess he'll just have to buy me some other piece of jewelry. It's such a tragedy!
1.gif

coldfusion

Rough_Rock
Aqua goes very nice with black, as does blue topaz or blue zircon.

Solution to your problem, pick one out and have your SO buy it for you! ;-)

70.jpg

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
----------------

Solution to your problem, pick one out and have your SO buy it for you! ;-)----------------

Ah, no, he's still saving up for his part of the engagement ring -- I'm getting paid twice as much this summer as he is! Let me tell you, I am not going to delay the ring for the pendant... but maybe after
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results