shape
carat
color
clarity

AIGS Unheated Ruby, Jeff White Asscher Peridot and others

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just scratched one of my I-see-no-reason-to-buy-one stones off of my list with this Ruby.

I know that this may seem like deja vu after TL just posted her gorgeous trillion and mahenge spinel setting by the same ebay seller, but I thought I would show you ladies how my version turned out.

I bought this setting from Jewelryhoo, and had them make it for my 1.22 ct. unheated ruby with an AIGS certificate showing no evidence of heating. I was worried when I first received the setting as I thought it might be a tad too narrow, but I think it looks quite nice now that it's set.

IMG%20921a.jpg

IMG 1034a.jpg

IMG 1123a.jpg

IMG 902a.jpg

IMG 904a.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: AIGS Unjeated ruby, Jeff White Asscher Peridot, and othe

Comparison pics with my 1 ct. Rubellite from Bob Kast . . .

IMG 754a.jpg

IMG 756a.jpg

IMG 1054a.jpg

IMG 1045a.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: AIGS Unheated Ruby, Jeff White Asscher Peridot, and othe

Now onto Jeff White's Peridot. This is my first and only asscher from Jeff, and he has always been such a pleasure to work with that I have been working with him again on trying to find something else for my collection. I had this stock setting from Jewelryhoo made for a round, but my jeweler did a great job setting it. The inspiration for this was clearly Gypsy and her amazing Ocean setting.

IMG 1008A.jpg

IMG 947a.jpg

IMG 832a.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: AIGS Unheated Ruby, Jeff White Asscher Peridot, and othe

I've also started getting interested in earrings, so I had a pair of grossulars from Gem Select (not the best colour, but they worked for what I was going for), and a pair of 12.73 tcw asscher irradiated blue topaz earrings. Both pairs of earrings were bought to go with dresses I had planned on wearing for the Holidays, but I was pleased to see that the giant (for me) asschers even rock with jeans.

IMG 972a.jpg

IMG 888a.jpg

IMG 826a.jpg

IMG 818a.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Re: AIGS Unheated Ruby, Jeff White Asscher Peridot and other

The rings are beautiful and will fit in with all your other beautiful rings, but these earrings! I think both sets are magnificent.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Holy cow! My jaw dropped when I scrolled down and saw your ruby ring :love: :love: It's gorgeous from every angle! And your peridot and earrings are beautiful, as well. Your jewelry is such a pleasure to look at, Lauren. Enjoy!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That Ruby is the perfect colour for me - not too pink or too purple. It's simply sensational. I really love it - and the setting is amazing. I had no idea that was the same setting that TL modified for her trilliant until I saw the basket. I really like the way you have a gold line around the Ruby it really compliments it.

How on earth your jeweller (who shall now be called Merlin) managed to get a square Asscher to fit into a round setting I'll never know but he's done a superb job (and the Peridot is gorgeous as well)!

Both earrings are pretty but I can see how the Topaz would work well dressed up and down. Are the settings from Jeweleryhoo as well?

Very many congratulations on gorgeous purchases!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

Now, I know I have a nice, respectable collection of baubles, but I admit to pangs of mad jealousy over your latest beauties! The ruby is so richly saturated, but not overly so, and I love the glints of hot pink and purple. The gallery on that setting is incredible, and I need to see this in person! You're a girl after my heart with the earrings - I've been on an kick too, and both of them are just stunning! I LOVE how you're not afraid to rock the blue topaz danglies with jeans - so awesome!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

What gorgeous additions to your collection Lauren! I'm especially taken w/the peridot.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

LOVELY, as always, Lauren! :love:

Where did you get the ruby? I want! :appl:

And the earrings are gorgeous!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful additions to your collection LTP!!! Where did you get the blue topaz asschers from?

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Wow, these are all gorgeous additions to your collection!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just beautiful stones Lauren,and I love how he modified that setting for an oval. Isn't that such a gorgeous setting, and your jeweler does a fabulous job on the prongs.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Herekittykitty - Thank you. I was going for a very specific look with the earrings, namely, the opposite of the yellow gold/yellow diamond jackets I bought her for her 60th birthday. I love, love, love these halos, and yellow is one of my favourite colours.

Babynurse - Thank you so much for your kind words.

LovingDiamonds - That is such high praise, especially coming from you; thank you. Your collection is something I aspire to someday, with such unique and gorgeous gemstones, that I'm humbled. All of these settings are from Jewelryhoo/Lan.bo4 stores. I'm not normally a two-tone setting kind of person, but after seeing TL's, I was so incredibly happy to see that the slightest bit of yellow gold showed up below the ruby.

Cellantini - Oh, my dear. You know that a good portion of what I have was put together after drooling over your baubles. I can NOT wait to see you in June. Seriously. I need a bigger travel jewelry tote. ;-)

Packrat - Thank you! I've had it for a while and wasn't quite sure what to do with it. Once I saw it in this setting, I knew I had to find some way to put a square peg in a round hole.

iLander - Thank you! I got the ruby from ExportGems on ebay, though I was really worried after I saw RockHugger's thread, but after reading some info on GO about AIGS certified stones, and seeing the ruby in person, those fears went completely away. It was a really fair price, IMO, and I think it turned out better than I expected.

Sarahbear - Thank you! The blue topaz Asschers came from Gemselect. They're probably not to the taste of some of the purists here, but I think the colour and size work together really well. And, the cut is actually really good considering they're not precision cut.

Alene - Thank you so much for your kind words!

TL - Can I just say how utterly relieved I was to see how perfectly your trillion fit that setting? That basket is so unique and I really feel like this setting would have cost at least 3x as much with my local jeweler. He was really impressed by the finish on it, too - they polished the inside of the baskets!

MomYellowJackets2.jpg

MomYellowJackets4.jpg

Novel

Brilliant_Rock

LTP, those are all lovely! The ruby ring looks amazing, and I love that peridot. The color of the topazes are great, and I'm sure they'll look fantastic on you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LTP,
It’s a beautiful setting especially for the price and it goes so well with your new ruby. Wow, the inside of the basket is also polished? That’s amazing!

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock

Holey Shamoley! I'm Jealous!! I love them all! The ruby is gorgeous, the peridot, yummy and the earrings, well my dear, those are justs drop dead wowsa!! :love: :love: :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

I love your ruby ring, scrumptious setting. You can open your own jewelry store with all your gorgeous jewellery pieces. :love:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! The rings are all so beautiful, and the studs turned out fantastic! I think the standout for me is that pair of zircons, they are beyond fabulous!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

Your new rings are beautiful, especially your ruby, but I keep coming back to look at the topaz asscher earrings! I especially love the mental image of you wearing those beauties with jeans...a woman after my own heart! :appl: :appl:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Novel - Thank you! I have to say, I'm on day 2 of wearing the ruby to work, and I have been caught (only once, thank goodness!) just staring at how it behaves in the sun! I owe you guys some outside shots soon!

Chrono - I have to say, I was pretty surprised to see the basket polished, as well. Given past experiences, I didn't expect too much, but I was pleasantly surprised, and I think the ruby has moved into one of my favourites spots very quickly. Thanks for your kind words!

Vbnet - Thank you! I think earrings are my next logical step. I change earrings so rarely, though, that I really only see myself needing a tsavorite pair, spessartite pair, sapphire pair . . . oh, wait - this is going to be a longer list than I had originally thought! Oy!

Lovinggems - Thank you! How have you been?

DandiAndi - My, friend - those topazes were a total impulse purchase to see if I could pull off "large" earrings, and wouldn't ya know - it turns out that I actually CAN! :bigsmile: Thank you for your lovely words, dear!

Aoife - In your honour, I'm wearing them out to dinner tonight with a pair of jeans! With a white button down shirt and those flats that I've posted their picture in. Thank you!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

Wow, that ruby is amazing. Would you mind posting a pic of the AIGS report? I know they tend to photograph the stones really bright, so I was wondering how it has to look on the report in order to look that good in person!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

ForteKitty|1292974799|2803277 said:
Wow, that ruby is amazing. Would you mind posting a pic of the AIGS report? I know they tend to photograph the stones really bright, so I was wondering how it has to look on the report in order to look that good in person!

Sure, ForteKitty, and thank you!

I actually screen captured the entire Export Gems auction and haven't take a pic of the report on it's own. This is also a good shot since it shows the vendor photos (which aren't nearly as nice as it shows in person), as well as the AIGS photo.

1.22ctRuby6.83x5.78x3.61.jpg

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock

Wow! :love:

Really beautiful rings, LTP. I love the colors! Those earring are very pretty too, they look great on you!

diva rose

Shiny_Rock

collection just made my mouth drop - lol - gorgeous!

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Did you verify your export gems cert? I purchased a ruby through them and the report was faked. The stone was heated and filled.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Burberrygirl - Thank you! I just love seeing your avatar! I always look forward to your posts so I can ogle that gorgeous emerald!

Diva Rose - Thank you! Glad you enjoyed them!

Rockhugger - It was actually your thread about the GIT memo and Lovinggems' response about her AIGS report that caused me to email AIIGS and confirm before I even received the ruby from Export Gems. So thank you for posting it. :twirl:

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Great! I am glad it came back good! Mine unfortunately didnt. AIGS seems like a harder report to fake anyway.

Your ring is beautiful, and I love the diamonds on the gallery.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

RockHugger|1293038464|2803762 said:
Great! I am glad it came back good! Mine unfortunately didnt. AIGS seems like a harder report to fake anyway.

Your ring is beautiful, and I love the diamonds on the gallery.

Thank you. I had this ruby double verified by not only my normal jeweler, but also a gemologist who used many of the same methods you did to detect filling in this ruby.

Let me just say, RH, your thread was yet another reason I have always worried about buying rubies, so I made sure I had all of my bases covered before I posted it and bothered to give that vendor a good review. I'm really glad you posted such an informative thread because I have stayed way away from rubies for this very reason.

Not that I mind a treated gemstone now and then (clearly, since I have a Rubellite and Blue topazes in this thread :Up_to_something: ). I'm not a purist like so many PS CSers are. As long as it looks pretty and I paid a fair price for what it is . . . :bigsmile:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

Is verifying the number and carat weight on AIGS's site enough? I have a ruby and it checked out okay online, but now i'm wondering if i should email them.. do i ask them for measurements and see if it matches the report?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results