shape
carat
color
clarity

AGL Grading for 6.2ct Blue Sapphire !!

ColoredStonesLady

Rough_Rock
Just got the AGL Prestige Grading report for our sapphire, and could not be more pleased. We are definitely keeping it! There is also an AIGS report for it, but we wanted to make sure that it was truly unheated so we sent it to AGL. I looked at many sapphires, some cheaper, some bigger, etc. but this one was the perfect color for me - in every lighting! Without pricescope, I would have had no idea what to look for or where to send it to be graded.

Pricescope really, really helped me to find this one - THANK YOU!! I am an addict.. :bigsmile: uhh... admirer for life now.

AGL SPECS:

6.2 carats
10.51 x 8.06 x 7.83
Color: Blue
Shape: Cushion
Cut: Modified Mixed Cut

Ceylon
Unheated

Color Grade: 3.5 / 75
Color Rating Range: 3 - 4 / 70 - 75
Color Scan: B65 - V25 - G10
Color Zoning: Moderate

Clarity Grade: LI2 - M1

Cutting Grade: Very Good - Good
Depth: 97.1%
Brilliancy Range: 50% - 100%
Average Brilliancy: 70%
Finish Grade: Very Good - Good

Total Quality Index: Very Good

perspective.jpg

direct_sunlight.jpg

by_window.jpg

sapphire_alt.jpg

sapphire_glowing.jpg

Now its off to Victor Canera to be set....

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It looks just gorgeous on your hand! What a standout. congratulations -- looking forward to pics of it set.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loooooovley! :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhh lala and on your gorgeous hands/fingers! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, CSL, all things considered, you did that very quickly! It wasn't too long ago that you came looking and were worried that you wouldn't find one in time. And now Ta da! Good for you, you're ready to set!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
oh what setting are you going to do?? Lovely se! I can't wait to see it set!

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don't know how you found this stone so quickly. I've been looking around for a really long time and can't decide on anything. Is it just me or are prices still astronomically high since the latest royal wedding? Regardless, your sapphire is absolutely gorgeous. I love its lighter tone and the color doesn't look washed out at all as I've seen in other lighter colored stones. That's hard to find. Congratulations on this special purchase!

Mikla

ColoredStonesLady

Rough_Rock
@ smitcompton, movie zombie, kenny, canuk-gal, TL & Starzin -Thank you for the compliments and congratulations! Pricescopers have such great taste, I am so glad you all like it!!

@ JewelFreak, MakingTheGrade, Sarahbear621 - I can't wait to see it set. Originally we wanted a classic 3 stone ring, but when we saw the sapphire it begged for a halo to make the color "pop" even more. So it will be set in a halo with two small half moons at the side. Very similar to this one:
cushion-pave-halo.jpg
I'm soooo beyond excited to wear it!! :love: And to get engaged to my amazing bf!! :love: We should get the ring around our 3yr anniversary...

@ minousbijoux - You are so right! I looked every day and checked with the 2 vendors I was working with every few weeks or so. Your advice, as well as TL, LD, Movie Zombie, and a few others (sorry, I forget!) really helped me narrow it down quickly, THANK YOU!!
:appl:

@ Mikla - Thank you for the compliments on the color - Its still my favorite color of all the blue sapphires have seen! I don't think its "top" color, but its the color that looks best on me, and that we loved the most. I think we just got lucky with the search. Yes, prices are really, really high! Ed at Wildfish found this one for me on a gem hunt, and he was great to work with - very patient since I'm so picky. But it was not cheap! We had to raise our budget to get this sapphire, but it was a reasonable price considering its size. I think it would have been easier if I had wanted a smaller sapphire, or we were looking 2 years ago, things were so much better priced then...

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! Good buy!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So beautiful. I'm sure that ring will make many a jaw drop! Congratulations!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the beautiful sapphire checking out well. Do you mind doing a comparison picture and comment as to the accuracy of Wildfish's photography as it pertains to your new stone?

ColoredStonesLady

Rough_Rock
@ Barrett & GemFever - Thank you for the kind words! I will be sure to share the photos of the completed ring here!!

@ Chrono - All things considered I thought the photos were pretty accurate. I also asked Ed a lot questions about the color before buying the stone, and gave him a loooong list of what I was looking for in the sapphire. I knew MD60 was too light for me and MD80 was too dark. I wanted MD70-75, ideally. In the end I got everything I asked for on the list, except price. But, you get what you pay for. :lol: Ha!

6.2blue-b.jpg6.2blue-bS.jpg
Compare his photos to mine above. I say these photos kinda look like my 1st and 4th photo...

The biggest problem with sapphires is that they look different in different lighting. This one is more vivid blue in florescent light, more violet in incandescent lighting, neon on a cloudy, darker blue in direct sunlight, very glowy & lighter by a window, etc. Every new light is a new mood. That is also what I love about colored stones and why I could stare at this sapphire for hours.. but a diamond couldn't do that for me, personally... unless it were a huge colored diamond :love: .

From this hunt I learned the most important thing is to like a stone IRL. I saw many that looked perfect on the screen, and in one or two different types of lighting they were great, but in other lighting conditions I hated them! I like this sapphire in every light I have seen it in... Not many vendors will photograph their gems under every conceivable light - and even if they did the translation from camera to your screen might still be wayyy off.

Does that make sense??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results