shape
carat
color
clarity

A peach sapphire hunt for e-ring

dknorris

Rough_Rock
I just need to be patient then. I know a soft hue stone with peachy/pink tones is what I'll be most happy with in the long run but when there are so many options out there it gets confusing and a little overwhelming sometimes. :loopy:
I really appreciate all the advice given here it helps so much!

dknorris

Rough_Rock
I asked Hemi at Gemcal for some shots of that blush Spinel that I linked to a few days ago. I liked that hand shot but I requested photos of it in different lighting and it just seems to look like a lavender color to me and now I can see that brown modifier that Chrono mentioned before. He is getting more Spinel stones in today actually so maybe he'll have something for me. Anyway, I wanted to share the vendor shots for that stone in case others might be curious. Sorry if the pics are massive!

_854.jpeg

_855.jpeg

_856.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah that doesn't Appear peach.

MasterCutGems is having a sale soon with new stones, from my understanding. Keep your eyes peeled

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

dknorris

Rough_Rock
I hope everyone had a great new years!

Months ago I posted about searching for a peach sapphire here. Well, I backed off my peach sapphire hunt but was still casually looking around. I came across this Spinel the other day and asked for a video (see link and photos) from Pristine Gemstone. It's the first stone I've seen in my ideal coloring and affordability and I am okay with the shape too. Basically, I've been searching for a Morganite color but in a Spinel or Sapphire and it's been difficult to find which is why I got excited about this stone when I came across it. I asked if it had any certs but to get an appraisal on it will be an extra $60.00 with a third party appraiser/gemologist and the cert is another $30.00 I guess.

These are the specs:
weight: 1.57 cts
size: 7.3 x 6.5 mm Cushion
clarity: very good (no inclusions visible to the casual observer)
color: peach/pink color
origin: Ceylon

Link to video: https://vimeo.com/151080265
I'm guessing that is an extinction at the top? It hasn't turned me off completely though.

I know there are mixed reviews regarding this particular vendor but I just now went ahead an ordered the stone right before posting this. I couldn't stand the thought of not at least seeing it in person before it disappeared! This is my first stone order so I'm curious to know how it'll really look in person.

il_250.jpg

il_251.jpg

J_Orstadius

Rough_Rock
Trade
You sure chose a tricky color!

At least in sapphire (particularly for unheated material, it seems to me) you pretty much *have* to check a stone this color in person. Different light sources and mixes of them can make such sapphires shift rapidly between pink (incandescent), peach or closer to colorless.
Nonetheless I think you have won a great deal already just by being so careful in your search.

Looking forward to see your own pictures of this spinel!

austinj

Shiny_Rock
Looks really pretty from the pictures and video! I can't wait to see pictures of this as well when you get it as I have been looking for a similar color. Last pad spinel I almost bought had color shift properties so I'm super curious about this one! Hope you found your dream stone!

dknorris

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for the kind words!

The spinel is still in transit but, in the meantime, I have had contact with another vendor who has access to a sapphire in a radiant cut which is my first choice.

According to the lab report:

variety: pink sapphire - .909 cts
cut: radiant
size: 6.51 x 4.31 x 3.33 mm
color: peachy-pink
lab comments: Natural. No indications of thermal enhancement

EDIT: Price would be $1,100 not including shipping

Below are the photos that I requested of the stone even though they are not that great. I requested a video as well.
https://youtu.be/fbjUO_ksj6U

Let me know your thoughts one this one please!

img_10459.jpg

img_10460.jpg

img_10461.jpg

dknorris

Rough_Rock
I just put the stone on hold so I feel safe disclosing that it is from John Dyer. So far he has been incredibly responsive and helpful!

deco1

Rough_Rock
The John Dyer sapphire looks stunning in the video and seems to tick all the boxes for your search. Can't wait for you to get it.

dknorris

Rough_Rock
It really seems to, yes!

I think I've read that videos show the stone best. Is this so you can see the real coloring and any cut issues with the play of light?

My only concern is that it looks to be light baby pink to me but maybe that is because of my monitor? I can say that when I saw it, it made me incredibly excited. I've been searching for a very specific shade of peach but I was trying to stay open to a stone that made me think "ooohhh!" and this one did.

I am curious about the depth at 3.33mm. Is that pretty standard for this shape? I don't know. I just know that I want my final ring to not sit too high as to knock and hit things all the time.

AndreaVW

Rough_Rock
I've seen mixed reviews about Pristine Gems, so I would check them out carefully.
Hi PinkJewel, This is Andrea from Pristine Gemstones (www.etsy.com/shop/pristinegemstones) and Pristine Jewelry (www.etsy.com/shop/pristinejewelry) on Etsy. We also have our master website: www.pristinegemstonejewelry.com, and we have recently been invited to be a vendor for certain locations with TheKnot.com

I see reference to mixed reviews about us on here, but I cannot find the mixed reviews that are being referenced, and it certainly wouldn't be in line with the reviews that we receive on Etsy nor with the Better Business Bureau. Both 3rd party platforms over which we have no control of their reviews.

I would appreciate if you could contact me to direct me to the mixed reviews. I would like an opportunity to clarify any confusion. As I have noticed that can often be the case, such as confusing two vendors with similar business names. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Andrea
I hope everyone had a great new years!

Months ago I posted about searching for a peach sapphire here. Well, I backed off my peach sapphire hunt but was still casually looking around. I came across this Spinel the other day and asked for a video (see link and photos) from Pristine Gemstone. It's the first stone I've seen in my ideal coloring and affordability and I am okay with the shape too. Basically, I've been searching for a Morganite color but in a Spinel or Sapphire and it's been difficult to find which is why I got excited about this stone when I came across it. I asked if it had any certs but to get an appraisal on it will be an extra $60.00 with a third party appraiser/gemologist and the cert is another $30.00 I guess.

These are the specs:
weight: 1.57 cts
size: 7.3 x 6.5 mm Cushion
clarity: very good (no inclusions visible to the casual observer)
color: peach/pink color
origin: Ceylon

Link to video:
I'm guessing that is an extinction at the top? It hasn't turned me off completely though.

I know there are mixed reviews regarding this particular vendor but I just now went ahead an ordered the stone right before posting this. I couldn't stand the thought of not at least seeing it in person before it disappeared! This is my first stone order so I'm curious to know how it'll really look in person.

il_250.jpg

il_251.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results