shape
carat
color
clarity

A beautiful stone...and a thank you

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a really beautiful stone yesterday from Swala. Ok first, the box was wrapped so tight it took me a few minutes to open.. :lol: I was trying everything. Eventually I had to take a pair of shears to the box....too much packing tape for me to get through and my husband is in the background saying "hurry up, you done with that yet, whats taking you so long?" :roll: So I got the box open, I reached in, I pulled out the package, I opened it and we both say "whoa!!"

So I want to say thank you to Eric. My husband keeps looking at it. He said "does he have another?" I may change his mind about colored stones someday... ;)) :mrgreen:

I also want to say thank you to Kismet. We need to do that more often :bigsmile: She's lovely to have put up my crunk & crazy arse for the evening...and I'm now paying for that glass of wine. (a slight hangover!! :shock: )

Oh and that Emerald ring she has, if you thought it was gorgeous in the pictures, Its even moreso in person. I.WANT.ONE!!! :love:

Ok on to the pics. The stone changes a lot in different lighting conditions, from blue to blue green. The color reminds me of the water around Horseshoe Bay Beach in Bermuda. Stone is quite saturated as well. I've never had a light stone so saturated before. Its also got a really lovely glow. At any rate, I think it will set nicely. I may consider yellow gold prongs though.

Also, the stone is really hard to get good pictures of. I do ok but well..you know... :roll: I have not taken any outside pictures mainly because of time constraints.

Will post up pics in a jiffy.

-A

Reactions: AV_

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're in no particular order. I took some yesterday and today

More to come :mrgreen:

-A

P1050139.jpg

P1050150.jpg

P1050152.jpg

P1050171.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taken in the dark (I HAD TO!!!)

I got a few more ;))

-A

P1050172.jpg

P1050174.jpg

P1050178.jpg

P1050188.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for looking :mrgreen:

-A

P1050196.jpg

P1050223.jpg

P1050221.jpg

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
A ~

That gem has the power to literally transport you! Congratulations. :appl:

~ faegrace

K9

Brilliant_Rock
:o :shock: :appl: :love: :shock:

WHOA is right! It is BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm so jealous!!!!!!

More pics!!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Damn!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Wow wow wow wow wow! Love the photo in the dark -- irresistable!!!

--- Laurie

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very pretty. I would love to see that surrounded by two small fanta spessartite trillions. :naughty:

tefutefu

Rough_Rock
:o :o :o
OMG my jaw literally dropped open!!!
That is so gorgeous :love: :love: :love:
Congrats!!! :appl:

K9

Brilliant_Rock
I had to come back and oogle that stone some more. :love: :lickout:

Congrats again on such a lovely stone!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That is so gorgeous! Congratulations!

What do you want to bet that there was a run on the Swala site right after you posted that? :lol: :naughty:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty Arc. Look forward to seeing how you set it!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks k9muttlover, VapidLapid, JewelFreak, TL, tefutefu, Aoife and LovingDiamonds :bigsmile:

Its got a very lovely inner glow that is so hard to capture on camera, and the play of light and color is mesmerizing. This stone loves to play and show off, and it will do some very unexpected stuff in the different types of light. I tried to capture as much of that as I could in the pictures. The sparkle on this stone is very crazy, which dosen't come across in the pictures.

On the spess, last night when I was driving home, I noticed how the darn thing was glowing in the car. :shock: Very little ambient light (just the light from the instrument panel) and the darn thing glowed. Whomever Eric has cutting these stones is doing one hell of a job. There may be a bit of disagreement, but with conditions like that, that is where the cut and polish really matter.

I'm now very SPOILED when it comes to cushions. :nono:

-A

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Classic blue-green color. Very nice, Arc. I am impressed by the color!

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
Your stone's color transports me back to Horseshoe Bay Beach. What a lovely thing! Enjoy it in the best of health and for many years.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a lovely stone!

Isn't spess fun? I have a very included Loliondo (it even has eye visible black specks - yuck!) and I always forgive all of its faults, because it is such a knock out in low lights. And a fireball in the sun.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pixgirl.. you totally get it! :appl: That was one of the first thoughts that popped in my head. This was from our last trip...

I put the stone in there so people who've never been can understand what I'm talking about..lol

Thanks amguy. :bigsmile: I should have made him get the 4ct huh? ;))

Lady_Distain, that was a real first for me. I'm going to really enjoy these 2 stones a lot! :D

-A

Horshoe Bay Beach Bermuda.jpg

Reactions: AV_

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It was lovely meeting you too, Arcadian! A good time was had by all, except perhaps the waitress who was probably thinking 'Stop yapping about gems and order already!' We'll definitely have to do that again sometime, maybe in a better lit place.

The tourmaline was truly lovely; I can't wait to see what you decide on for the setting.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kismet. :bigsmile: Our waitress hung in there..lol BTW, I ordered some of those half boxes like you have, those are seriously a great idea.

-A

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooo I bet you two had the most fun !!!

I just love the picture of the Horseshoe Bay with your Tourmaline ~ I wish I was there.
With that stone! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ahhhhh. And a nice fruity rum drink :sun:

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful stone! This is going to be a very fun project for all of us :naughty:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks portia and Novel :bigsmile:

Shiney, on our last trip we decided to take a cruise there. We stayed 3 days on the island, the other 4 days were getting there and back. I enjoyed it way more than just flying over as you didn't have to worry about staying in a hotel nor weight limits of luggage.

Horseshoe Bay Beach...its amazing. Its got the pinkest sand I've ever seen on any beach. Last time though we were there on a day where it hit triple digits. He got a lovely tan, I got a lovely burn :shock: And then there was the LONG WALK to the bus stop afterwards. Torture!! :errrr: But man do I really miss Bermuda since there's where I also had my first Dark N Stormy :bigsmile:

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1302316962|2891691 said:
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What?? :saint: :bigsmile:

-A

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
O-M-G!!! :shock:

Truly breathtaking (both your beautiful tourmaline & the Horseshoe Bay Beach) :love: :cheeky:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian|1302318519|2891714 said:
Thanks portia and Novel :bigsmile:

Shiney, on our last trip we decided to take a cruise there. We stayed 3 days on the island, the other 4 days were getting there and back. I enjoyed it way more than just flying over as you didn't have to worry about staying in a hotel nor weight limits of luggage.

Horseshoe Bay Beach...its amazing. Its got the pinkest sand I've ever seen on any beach. Last time though we were there on a day where it hit triple digits. He got a lovely tan, I got a lovely burn :shock: And then there was the LONG WALK to the bus stop afterwards. Torture!! :errrr: But man do I really miss Bermuda since there's where I also had my first Dark N Stormy :bigsmile:

-A

Oooooo I looked that one up !!!!!!!!

Off to the liquor store today then, for some Ginger Beer !!!!
It's gonna hit 88 today and humid, so Dark and Stormy sounds perfect !!!!! :sun:

Ahhhhh a cruise, DH has been trying to talk me into one.....

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
It is beautiful, absolutely gorgeous, it is just like the ocean! I love it! I can't wait to hear about your plans for it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results