shape
carat
color
clarity

3.95ct Pink Sapphire Platinum Ring (Vance Gems)

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Hi friends,

My ring project for my "2nd mother" is complete! I purchased the Sapphire from Vance Gems, and I had my local jeweler make the setting. I think it turned out very nice.

I really took my time with these pictures (which I need to do more often). I compared different computer monitors and had a few people look at the photos to confirm that what I am seeing is correct. That said I feel these are the most accurate pictures of the ring that I am capable of capturing. These pictures were taken in a couple different light environments. I know they won't look right on every monitor but I tried my best. Please let me know what you think!

Here are the specs:

Stone
3.95ct Pink Sapphire (9.7mm X 7.15mm X 6.64mm)
Unheated (GIA)
Origin Unknown

Setting
Halo Split Shank
Platinum 950
Hand Carved
Micro Pave Diamonds
.96ct VS1 G Color
Size 6

1_124.jpg

2_95.jpg

3_65.jpg

4_40.jpg

5_37.jpg

6_26.jpg

7_23.jpg

8_17.jpg

A little blue Sapphire that I know was getting jealous and wanted some attention too!
9_16.jpg

10_8.jpg

12_7.jpg

11_8.jpg

14_3.jpg

My personal favorite!
13_4.jpg

~Justin

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Jason, it's gorgeous! I love the gallery. It all came out so beautifully -- have you given it to her yet? She must be knocked over. Its blue buddy ain't too shabby either. Congratulations!

--- Laurie

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1365158895|3420745 said:
Jason, it's gorgeous! I love the gallery. It all came out so beautifully -- have you given it to her yet? She must be knocked over. Its blue buddy ain't too shabby either. Congratulations!

--- Laurie

No she has not seen it yet. I am getting it appraised for her on Monday and then I am shipping it to her. She has not even seen the stone in person yet. She pretty much gave me full creative control. Thanks for the kind words!

Side note!!!

Everyone please ignore pretty much all the pictures in my original thread for this stone. They are simply not accurate. That is what I get for editing on a laptop with a poor screen. Oh well, I am still learning. Anyway these pictures are the TRUE representation of the stone so please use these pics as your reference.

Thanks
~Justin

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no person who would not be delighted to receive such a ring. It is very beautifully done and the design classic with lots of presence for a lady who isn't in her 20s anymore.

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1365160975|3420751 said:
There is no person who would not be delighted to receive such a ring. It is very beautifully done and the design classic with lots of presence for a lady who isn't in her 20s anymore.

Chrono, Thank you so much! What you said makes me feel so good about the ring. I can't wait for her to receive this ring. She is turning 73 this year but she is still so beautiful. A truly classy woman and I dearly love her.

All I could think about was putting a ring together that would be "timeless" she is very gifted with interior decorating so for her to give me control of this project is a big deal. I am so honored that she would allow me to do this for her. She has been there for me so much in my life. I hope this in some small way will be my way of saying thank you for all the love and support!

~Justin

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
It is really beautiful and classic. It is a great match to your blue sapphire setting.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! I love the stone and the setting. She is sure to love it. :appl:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have amazing taste! I love both of the rings you have put together. Such lucky ladies in your life! :)

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
What a super sweet gift :) It's a very beautiful and I'm sure she'll love it!

smurfett_333

Rough_Rock
I have been secretly stalking the board waiting to see the final product ever since your original thread. This ring is gorgeous and I agree with others the gallery is beautiful, I love the simple elegance of it! Your "mother" will be brought to tears.

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
What stunning color and elegance!

Could they potentially be stackers? :razz:

The ladies in your life are so lucky that you put so much care and love into the pieces you begift them!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so glad to see this thread, I was wondering what happened to this beautiful pink. It's gorgeous! Well done! :appl:
I must say, I was scrolling down slowly, looking at all the shots when suddenly there were two! Bam! Colour overload in the best way.
I don't know how your lovely wife managed to give the pink back. :Up_to_something: :love:

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is gorgeous. The sapphire is beautiful with a lovely shade of pink, and the setting is timeless. The gallery is unique. You did very well for your "second mother". I am sure she will be pleased.

AN

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
She'll be ecstatic! I can't wait to hear about her reaction! What a surprise!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope she loves the ring; it really sounds like it was a labor of love on your part. It is a statement piece for sure but even more than commenting on the ring, I want to say bravo on your photographs. I know you put a lot of effort into them and it surely paid off. The photos almost look like professional glamor shots, lol and I love the placement, great saturated color and composition of each of your photos. Well done!

Oh, and now what? Any one year anniversary bling you're creating or any more second or third mums to create for? :bigsmile:

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
pregcurious, Thank You. I agree two rings do compliment each other nicely.

Catmom, Thank you. I just sent her the pictures so hopefully she will be happy with it.

NKOTB, Thank you, and you have wonderful taste! :))

innerkitten, Thank you! I hope so!

smurfett_333, I am so glad that you enjoy the finished ring! Don't be a stranger. ;))

royalstarrynight, I asked myself the same question! I am pretty sure the carriage of my wife's ring will prevent the "stacking" The women in my life are definitely worth it!

JaneSmith, Thank you! I really enjoy photographing jewelery. Yea my Wife did say that if my 2nd Mom didn't like the ring she would be happy to have it! ;))

Art Nouveau, I am very happy that you like the ring! I want her to see it in person so badly!

maccers, Thank you, I am so excited as well!

~Justin

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very stunning and classic ring. She is a very lucky woman.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
It turned out amazing! What a beautiful sentiment, it sounds like you are both very lucky to have each other. (So nice to see your wife's ring again, too!)

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
minousbijoux|1365222311|3421474 said:
I hope she loves the ring; it really sounds like it was a labor of love on your part. It is a statement piece for sure but even more than commenting on the ring, I want to say bravo on your photographs. I know you put a lot of effort into them and it surely paid off. The photos almost look like professional glamor shots, lol and I love the placement, great saturated color and composition of each of your photos. Well done!

Oh, and now what? Any one year anniversary bling you're creating or any more second or third mums to create for? :bigsmile:

I really appreciate you saying this! I enjoyed the photography sooooo much! I think I am developing another hobby lol! Not that I need another one.

Well as for the one year goodies I can't really say. My Wife reads through all my threads haha! Perhaps just a cool date, perhaps some cool jewelry. Its hard to say... ;))

I am always on the look out for more adopted moms! Haha! No seriously, I just really enjoy helping people find/build something they will treasure for generations to come. I think there is something special about that!

I will have some more eye candy for everyone in the next few days. One of my close friends was married recently and he wanted to have a special pair of earrings made for his wife. He gave these earrings to her on the day of the wedding. They are a halo'd pair of emerald earrings. I helped him find the emeralds and then we had our local jeweler set them. I told him I was on a photography kick and that he should drop them off for me to take pictures. He agreed so that will happen in the next couple days! I am sure the emeralds will test me in a way I have not yet been tested when it comes to capturing the color.

~Justin

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
bright ice, Thank You! She deserves it!

hlmr, Thank you and yes we are! Haha yes my Wife's ring really struggles with jealously! My Wife and I almost treat the ring like its a person.... When we were engaged we refereed to it as "The Precious" Haha!

~Justin

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's a beauty! The picture of it with your wife's ring is the stuff dreams are made of!

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Rosebloom|1365303340|3421750 said:
It's a beauty! The picture of it with your wife's ring is the stuff dreams are made of!

Awe thank you! I kind of let my Wife's ring down in the hand shot picture. The light and angle definitely flattered the pink sapphire more.
I do love the branch picture above that shot though!
~Justin

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm sure your '2nd mother' will be blown away, it's stunning! The sapphire is that perfect shade of pink, (and huge!) and the mount is just so ornate and perfect! One of the most beautiful sapphire rings I've seen anyway!

And then you go and throw in your wife's blue sapphire ring too, now that's just showing off!! :naughty:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That pink shade is so gorgeous!! :love:

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Deathspi, Thank you so much! I sent her the pictures and she absolutely loved it!

Laila619, Thank you! I love the color too!

The appraisal went great today! Going to take a few more pictures tomorrow and then ship it out!

~Justin

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I have not updated this thread in so long. I am preparing to move so time is in short supply.

My 2nd mother loved the ring!!! She wears it often and is very proud of it. I am so pleased! Big thanks to Vance Gems for setting me up with a wonderful sapphire.
~Justin

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update, Jason. How could she not love it? It's a knockout. Good luck with the move!

--- Laurie

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
eastjavaman|1373877435|3483156 said:
I am a dude, and I will be happy to receive that :D .

I don't know how I missed this comment! It gave me a huge belly laugh. :lol:

Ugh I miss creating rings like this. I need to another project! :naughty:

~Justin

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results