shape
carat
color
clarity

1.71 GYG Antique Cut Pear (Mojita)

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so I couldn't resist snagging this stone because of the size and color. Yes, I have a problem. :oops: Her name is Mojita. Her color reminds me of something delicious and fresh, like a mojito or guacamole. She's a 1.71 grayish yellowish green antique cut diamond. The only drawback is that she has a a large window because of the shallow cut. :blackeye:

The most surprising thing about Mojita is her ability to hold up her green color in all types of lighting, not just natural light or UV light (fluoro). Even in incandescent light, she still looks green.

She's going to be in an 18K Rose Gold head with an 18K White Gold shank with the most enclosed basket that I could find. I'm crossing my fingers that this setting will minimize the window. ::)

1.71 4.JPG

1.71 3.JPG

1.71 2.JPG

1.71.JPG

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I love the name Mojita It's great that it keeps its green color so well. Looking forward to seeing the finished product, too!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
After a few mojitos even the deepest of us can seem to be cut quite shallow!
I would surround her with .20-.25 carat chunky chrysoberyls.
Looking forward to seeing pictures taken with a non-phone camera.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool gem! Some gems are such individuals you just have to judge them on their individual merits.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool gem, and very large. I can't wait to see her in her new setting.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the pics; it's definitely an interesting stone. I'm looking forward to better pics as I'd like to see the antique cutting a little better.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid said:
After a few mojitos even the deepest of us can seem to be cut quite shallow!
:lol: :lol:

Lovely diamond!!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
RockHugger and AustenNut, thank you! Even though Mojita has a window and the Iphone pics don't do her color any justice, I can say that she has my favorite shade of green so far. It's like a soft, citrusy green.

VapidLapid, your made me laugh!! :lol: Is it strange that I want to dip her in salt, suck on a lime and tilt my head back? I don't know where that just came from. :Up_to_something:

Part Gypsy, thank you! You know it took me a while to name her. Then her color reminded me of a cool, citrusy mojito and it just stuck. And her fat pear shape looks feminine, hence the name. :cheeky:

TL and Chrono, thank you! I'll take interesting and cool over meh or dime a dozen any day. I'll try to get a new charger so I can take better pics.

IndyLady and Oddoneout, thank you! I'm hoping that the setting I ordered will enhance the green color and minimize the window.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Even with the window, that is one awesome diamond. Its a wonderful find.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results