shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you pair a sparkly or a plain WB with this ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
So I am sitting here eating salted broadbeans (which are suprisingly YUMMMY) and I get to considering how long it takes me to decide on something I figured I should start thinking about what kind of WB to get, I have tried on a few but nothing screams OMG THIS IS IT to me yet. Chances are I will get LM to make the band to go with it but I am torn over sparkly or plain and FI is not buying into the 2 WB''s thing - BUGGER
3.gif
. I am not opposed to something ready made as well that I can try on either. I don''t want a pave band because I don''t have a decent jeweller near me and repairs would be impossible and I am not one to baby my rings that much. I thinking possibly french cuts in a channel setting (well thats todays thought) and I love the look of a plain band much like my diamond twinkies Delster''s set not sure.

I know I want the rings to sit flush/mostly flush and have a really low profile and match the sides of the ring so any suggestions ladies what would you pair.

For reference this is my ring https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/deelights-new-6-claw-leon-e-ring-with-gog-diamond.99750/page-4

TIA

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkly all the way!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
DEFINATELY go the sparkle!!

I have a round solitaire in a plain band setting for my e ring and it amazes me just how much the little diamonds in a WB can set my big diamond off, not detract from it.

PS, i am so stealing the diamond ring on the Birds of Paradise picture idea!!
9.gif

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
An eternity band equal to the carat weight of your diamond is my suggestion.

I have a six prong solitaire and there''s nothing like more sparkle to make it beautiful. The eternity band is a great look, classic and expensive looking at the same time. There is no such thing as too much sparkle in my opinion.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to say plain. My diamond solitaire stands out better on it''s own when it doesn''t have the distraction of smaller stones.

If you really want some sparkle try the WF scattered band - that ring look lovely with round solitaires without looking ''over the top'' or too much. I know there are those that think you can never have too much bling but I personally prefer the ''less is more'' look
2.gif

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I am biased towards plain because that is what I paired with my solitaire RB.

I get so many compliments on my E-Ring and I love, love, that it''s the first thing people focus on. I will try to find a picture of both rings together to show you...

Good Luck! Choosing what WB style was definitely the hardest for me!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Ok...I couldn''t attach a photo when I tried to edit the link...here is what my solitaire and plain platinum band look like:

08012009358.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a palladium and silver mokume band that I adore! It''s different, but understated, and I love the symbolism of 2 metals bonded together forever and growing together to strengthen each other.

From afar it looks like a platinum band, but you can see the pattern close up, and of course, I know it''s there! And DH loves his matching band, the 2 rings were made together so the patterns match, and he likes that his ring was made with an old samurai sword smithing technique, lol.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I went with an etoile band because I wanted a bit of sparkle, but at the same time I knew that I was tough on my hands. Ironically enough, now I almost always wear them on separate hands - the wedding band never leaves my right hand, but I play it up on the left with either a band of channel-set round, a bezel-set alternating marquis/round band, or (soon!) an Alex Sepkus micro-band.

My recommendation would be to go to a store and try on EVERYTHING to see if there''s a style you haven''t thought of that catches your eye ....

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 7:26:33 AM
Author: Londongirl1
I''m going to say plain. My diamond solitaire stands out better on it''s own when it doesn''t have the distraction of smaller stones.

If you really want some sparkle try the WF scattered band - that ring look lovely with round solitaires without looking ''over the top'' or too much. I know there are those that think you can never have too much bling but I personally prefer the ''less is more'' look
2.gif

I love the idea of the scatter band!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Would you be wearing the band by itself? Or would you wear them as a pair the majority of the time?

In my opinion, if you''re going to wear the band alone and want it to be durable and hassle free, go with plain. My band is plain because I''ll be able to take it hiking, wear it to bed, etc without worry.

However, if you''re really only going to wear them as a set, I think sparkly. I always like solitaires paired with sparkly bands
1.gif

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve always loved eternity bands. I saw one a few months ago (can''t remember where) that had the stones channel set and added a small lip around. Not the best description. It was just a tiny curve on either side so the stones were really set in the band. Another bad description sorry.
They were set in such a way that if one ever did come loose it wouldn''t fall out. Not sure how they would repair it if anything ever happened. Wasn''t ready to purchase anything so didn''t ask.

Of course a simple, classic gold band is beautiful too. Tough choice.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this band by Leon. I think its just the right size so it won''t take away from the ering.
30.gif

leonringthband.JPG

Steel

Ideal_Rock
If I were getting hitched again I would insist on 3 bands! 2 diamond bands and one plain metal. So based on that your FI should feel lucky you only want 2!

Buy both a plain and diamond if at all possible. There are many instances that you will want/need to wear no more than a plain band and if you wear your diamond band without your e-ring you will not be wearing an official wedding band.

But to live within your rules I would buy a plain band if I could have only 1.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I say I would go for at least 2 sparkly and 1 plain. Or you could just have 1 sparkly. I go for 2 so that you can have the e-ring in between of the 2 sparkly. If that''s too much for you, then go for just one sparkly. Then I would have just a plain one to change things up or if you are planning on traveling you can wear that instead. I personally like to keep my options open and will end up with 3 wbands to change things up a bit for me.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 12:44:57 PM
Author: Maisie
I love this band by Leon. I think its just the right size so it won''t take away from the ering.
30.gif

i think maisie''s got it right
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
the leon she posted! i vote sparkly!!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

2.gif
oooh yummy look... Totally this and a sparklier one too but thin, so you can interchange if possible
3.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the suggestions ladies, I love that band you posted Maisie it would look perfect
30.gif
my only concern is living on the otherside of the world from Leon should I need repairs
7.gif
, I have tried having something repaired here and never again
7.gif

I am trying to convince FI he REALLLY wants to get me a 5 stone band so I can have a Serbian engagement ring (the ring is worn on the right hand rather then the left) and then really he wants to get me two bands one for the left and one for the right - nope the bugger is not buying it all this crap about a wedding to pay for and the pretty rock I already have
20.gif
3.gif

I would most likely pair it with the e-ring my ring is 1.8mm wide so fairly delicate I was thinking something around 2mm, the scattered band or etolie band could be a possibilty good thing I walk past tiffs everyday on my way to and from work :).

I think I need to talk to LM as well and see what he suggests.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkly, sparkly, sparkly!!!! Me like sparkles! But that''s just my 2 cents.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
The only solution to this problem is to get on a plane to Melbourne and come shopping with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Anyhoo, I am probably biased, but my 2mm channel set band is to die for. I will let you try it on
11.gif

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going to say plain. My diamond solitaire stands out better on it's own when it doesn't have the distraction of smaller stones.

If you really want some sparkle try the WF scattered band - that ring look lovely with round solitaires without looking 'over the top' or too much. I know there are those that think you can never have too much bling but I personally prefer the 'less is more' look
2.gif
Here's an other PS's scattered band and solitaire ( I hope whoever posted the original pic doesn't mind me re-posting). I think there's just enough sparkle for that classy rather than OTT look, with the center stone still being the focus of attention
30.gif

Plat9jpg.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
:) Overwheling vote for sparkles why does this not surprise me
25.gif
contray to people that are not PSers LOL

Honey your a sweetie :), I will be comming down soon dad got out of hospital tonight looks like early October I will be coming down

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I can''t wait :D.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Londongirl1 thanks so much for posting that, I really love that combo as well, know what I am doing lunchbreak on monday
31.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 12:44:57 PM
Author: Maisie
30.gif

I agree with maisie
30.gif
30.gif
Love that band

honey22

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

We are going shopping! We are going shopping! We are going shopping!
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 8:40:44 PM
Author: Deelight
Thanks for all the suggestions ladies, I love that band you posted Maisie it would look perfect
30.gif
my only concern is living on the otherside of the world from Leon should I need repairs
7.gif
, I have tried having something repaired here and never again
7.gif

I am trying to convince FI he REALLLY wants to get me a 5 stone band so I can have a Serbian engagement ring (the ring is worn on the right hand rather then the left) and then really he wants to get me two bands one for the left and one for the right - nope the bugger is not buying it all this crap about a wedding to pay for and the pretty rock I already have
20.gif
3.gif

I would most likely pair it with the e-ring my ring is 1.8mm wide so fairly delicate I was thinking something around 2mm, the scattered band or etolie band could be a possibilty good thing I walk past tiffs everyday on my way to and from work :).

I think I need to talk to LM as well and see what he suggests.
I know what you mean bruddah. It would be a pain for me to have to return something to Leon too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results