shape
carat
color
clarity

Which hairpins to match my dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I plan to ditch my veil for the reception, and I''m not wearing a tiara, so I''ve been hunting for hairpins. The problem is that I''m completely torn between two general styles. Which do you think would look better with my dress and other accessories?

Structured?: http://www.naugi.com/hairpins/3287/barcelona_crystal_bobby_pin/#
or Spray?: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11680016

My dress and veil:
ladycielveilfront.jpg

ladycielveilback.jpg

Makeup and earrings:
ladycmakeup4.jpg

Thanks for your help!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Out of the two, I like the spray ones. To me your earrings are a little more classic and elegant though, both the pins are a little more romantic to me...what about a brooch instead? Do you know how your hair is going to be yet? I had the picture saved in my hair folder, she even has the same shape earrings as yours!! I actually like how you have your in the makeup/earrings pic, simple and swept back and elegant.

That last pic of you with the earrings is stunning! I''m guessing that was your makeup trial, you look fantastic, I love the color on your lips and your eyes look HUGE!!

FelicityHuffmans2.jpg

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
I had the WORST time picking out hair accessories for that same reason - nothing was exactly right. . . I''m not really feeling the spray, so I guess of those 2, I''d pick the flower pins, but I''m not too crazy about those either - karasue''s right - they don''t really go with your earrings. Have you picked out a hairstyle to help you decide? What about something like these?

Of course, I''m totally biased because those are the ones I just bought, but to each her own. . . Good luck!

(ASIDE: Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that when the word bridal is attached to a hair thingy it automatically becomes about 300% of what it rightfully should cost?)

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Karasue and Buttercup! I agree that I''m not sure either of these choices is quite right, which is probably why I''m here asking for opinions. The first hair trial didn''t go so well (Buttercup, you''re right that the makeup is from my trial), so we''re trying again July 1. This is my inspiration pic, though:

americanweddinghair.jpg

Part of my problem is I''m not quite sure where I''d put a single barrette or broach, so I''m having trouble picturing it, you know?

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
That hair is gorgeous! I can see what you mean about not knowing where to put a barrette or broach - I''m wondering where to put pins even. . . Have you thought about tucking a fresh flower into one side of it? Or I could see a bunch of smaller pins (something simple - like these maybe?) in a circle around the base.. . .

Not sure if I''m describing what I mean clearly . . .

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I think I know what you mean, Buttercup. Like along the base of the bun on the right side?

Hmmm, what about something like this?

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
oohh love the inspiration pic! i think a barrette/comb/pins would look nice on the side that''s not swept over, on her it would be her right side i guess? basically the side where the hair twists into itself....

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
that''s so cool to be inspired by American Pie!

the thing is that the band camp girl has a very different veil from you. in her case, her veil comes out of her hair "knot" and she doesn''t need any pins or a barret. it looks like from your photo that you want to wear the veil over your head. I would go with the structured pins. is the purpose of the pins to keep the veil in place? the spray things are really lovely but I would use them if you were going without the veil.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
My plan, Noel, is to place the veil right above the knot thing, so not too far off from where I had it in those pics. It's super super sheer, with almost no gathering at the comb, and cut as a mantilla, which might be what makes it look like it's more forward than it is. The point of the pins is just to add some sparkle to my hair. If they look good with the veil, then I'll wear them for both ceremony and reception. If they don't, then I'll just add them in for the reception since I plan to ditch the veil after or during photos.

ETA: But you're right, my veil is very different, since hers is super poofy. Mine will definitely give a different look than hers did, but I still love her hair.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results