shape
carat
color
clarity

Which bridal jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
My wedding gown is Mori Lee #2803...see website picture below for a close-up view of the bodice. It is absolutely beautiful as pictured in ivory/gold, but I ordered it in white/silver. The gown has intricate embroidery and crystals, so I do not want my jewelry to "overpower" my gown.

Here are a few jewelry sets I was thinking would be pretty....any opinions?
1.gif

#1: http://www.bridalfashionmall.com/jewelry/510.html

#2: http://www.bridalfashionmall.com/jewelry/501.html

#3: http://www.bridalfashionmall.com/jewelry/531.html

Also, here is the jewelry set I think I am going to order for my bridesmaids...it should match the cornflower blue/periwinkle color of their gowns: http://www.bridalfashionmall.com/jewelry/677_blue.html

Mori Lee 3a.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I like choice #3 the best on its own. But for your beautiful dress, I think set #1 is the best option. It''s beautiful, simple and won''t compete with the detail on the dress. Choice #2 would mirror the v-shapes in your dress, but I think they would compete with each other, so that''s not a good option.

The set you picked for your BMs is lovely! Gorgeous!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with CrownJewel''s line of thinking. Although, I also think that with the details and neckline of your dress, you could even skip the necklace if you wanted and just go for some dangling earrings.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
oooh yeah I think just earrings would be great too. Are you planning to wear your hair up or down?

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies for your responses.

CrownJewel - I like the way you think. I definately don''t want my jewelry to compete with my gown. I was already leaning towards #1 because it curves nicely....just like the sweetheart neckline of my dress.

Fancy605 & Karasue91 - I definately am wearing earrings, but am probably going to wear a necklace too. I usually wear some type of necklace everyday and would feel weird not having something around my neck on my wedding day. As for my hair, it is bone-straight, so I am thinking of wearing it half-back with the rest of it with a wavy curl.
1.gif

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I have to disagree. I think 1 is too square for the softer lines of the dress. I think 2 would actually enhance the sweetheart neckline rather than take away from it.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2007 5:20:22 PM
Author: CrownJewel
I like choice #3 the best on its own. But for your beautiful dress, I think set #1 is the best option.
Ditto

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I like #2. With #3, I would worry that the strands would move and then not look straight in pictures. I know whenever I wear multiple strand necklaces, I always have to readjust them.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think three would be best with the gown, personally. It''s very delicate and flows with the lines of the gown instead of against the lines (like the others do) and competing with the gown. Just to be clear though, we aren''t talking about headpeices... JUST the necklaces and earrings. Right.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Wow...quite a few different opinions! I do appreciate all of the input though!
1.gif
This online company has a decent return policy, so I may just order 1 of each and see which one looks best with my dress.

Gypsy - Yeah, I am just looking at the jewelry, not the headpieces. I actually ordered my tiara through the bridal shop where I got my gown!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2007 9:13:15 PM
Author: LauraSLP07
This online company has a decent return policy, so I may just order 1 of each and see which one looks best with my dress.
That''s what I''d do.

Also it would be really helpful to see your headpiece to make sure we don''t clash with that either.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
ohhh that IS a good idea. That''s how I selected my jewelry. I tried it all on with the dress.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2007 5:30:17 PM
Author: Fancy605
I agree with CrownJewel''s line of thinking. Although, I also think that with the details and neckline of your dress, you could even skip the necklace if you wanted and just go for some dangling earrings.

I LOVE your dress. I agree with the earring idea. Some great chandelier earrings would look great.

If you want to go with smaller earrings [eg studs]you might want to consider a heavier or swirly necklace that would mimic the applique on the dress.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
You know what? A nice strand of choker length pearls [real or fake - 8mm's or bigger - single or double strand] would look killer with that neck line - esp. with the satin border at the top. I am having difficulty finding pics on line. If I can't find anything on line I'll haul my pearls out and take a pic with my cell phone or camera tomorrow.

ETA: I just looked at your dress again and pearls are the way to go [IMHO] - either cream or that gold/champagne color would be spectacular!

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
I may be jumping the gun a little bit on the jewelry selection b/c my dress/veil/tiara/slip aren''t scheduled to arrive at the bridal shop until February 10th.
I didn''t even think about the fact that the jewelry might clash with my tiara! Good point Gypsy!
37.gif

Blu - Here is a link to pics of me in the dress....if you like the bodice, you will LOVE the train!!!!
30.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-mori-lee-dress.71102/

I think that the bridal fashion mall website takes returns for only 10 days after shipment, so I may wait until my dress comes in to order anything--just in case! I do like their jewelry though, because it looks more expensive than it is!
2.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Holy crap! That is gorgeous!

I still think pearls - big ones - are the way to go. Here is what I am thinking [and you can certainly find good sims - not sure where - but I know they exist:

NM pearls.jpg

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Wow....those are gorgeous!
1.gif
I love pearls,but my dress has more Swarovski crystals in it....only a few pearls. Once again, I may just have to purchase a bunch of necklaces to try on with my gown in February!
1.gif

Edited: Blu - I ordered the dress in all white, so pearls may look good...I will have to see!

Does everyone like the BM necklace/earring set I posted?

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
can I be brutally honest? I don't like any of them. I don't see rhinestones with this gorgeous, elegant dress at all. How about some pearls, or if you do like a little bling(as I do, and who doesn't!) how about pearl/austrian crystal combo?

http://www.bridalfashionmall.com/jewelry/504.html

I love what you chose for the BM's!! What dress have you chosen, is there a link?

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Ooooo....Sophie, I love the one you posted!
30.gif

You gals are all making my decision tough! I will probably end up spending a ton of money on different jewlery sets to see what I like, then return the rest! HaHa!
1.gif

Has anyone ever bought any jewelry/headpieces/veils from that website (Bridal Fashion Mall)??

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
I think taking several necklaces and earring combos to try on with your dress is the best option. Try, as much as possible, to have your hair in the fashion you spoke of, to get the most complete picture. Oh, and when you do your hair trail, see if you have a shirt at home with a similar neckline, that helps a lot, too!

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the tips Amandine!
1.gif
I didn''t even think about how my hairstyle would look with the neckline of my gown!

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Sophie - You definately have an eye for pretty jewelry! I will have to look into Liz Claiborne jewelry too!
1.gif

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Be careful with #1! I''ve heard that rhinestones photograph black!

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the warning misysu2!!
23.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results