shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to search?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
I have been searching, without much luck, for a rental company to help withour recetion. I''m looking to have some of the walls ''draped'' at the reception site. Two sides of the room are gorgeous windows that overlook our ceremy site and fountains etc etc. And the other 2 walls are wooded. I am trying to find a company that can come in and cover the walls, or drape it to make it more elegant. I have searched under party suppliers, party rentals, linen suppliers, event outfitters. I keep hitting dead ends. Can anyone offer any serach terms I am overlooking? My brain is a little fried on the topic so maybe I am overlooking something obvious. I am in the Philadelphia area if anyone should know a company that provides these services!
Thanks is advance for any help!
Livin

PS- for those who helped with my invite overlay/wrap dilemna, after all the searching, and contact with the company, I worked around the system and placed several orders for samples of the invite with the wrap. They ship them for free, so it was worth it! I couldn''t find anything I loved as much, but all your help was so great, and appreciated

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Have you tried looking on the knot? They have a lot of local resources. Also maybe you should google Philadelphia bridal websites. I know Atlanta has one and they have a lot of resources as well.

Another avenue would be a website such a yelp.com which has a lot of reviews of businesses. You can pick your area too.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
LTD...maybe I can help! I was looking for the exact same thing and managed to find it. First let me explain how came about this. I knew that I wanted some lighting as well as fabric draped from one of the walls at my reception place. I was talking to a few florists and neither of them knew who to talk to. So, I researched some wedding planners in the area and spoke with one of the best ones last week. Here is what she told me...a full service FLORAL DESIGNER (different from a florist) can do this for you. I was ready to hire her but she said I didn''t need her cause I have almost everything planned and my venue offers a day of cordinator. So I spoke with the floral designer that she suggested this week and they can do everything.

Next, I went back to two of the wedding books that I have and both of them mentioned the diffence between hiring a florist and the a floral designer. So the answer was right in front of me the whole time.

What state do you live in maybe I can help you research.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
My computer is not cooperating this morning. It keeps eating my posts. Anyway...I used to live in Philly! I lived on second and race right above sasafrass deli for a few years. Ok so if I were you I would call these places first:

Michael Haschak at Pure Design, 500 South 22nd Street (215-545-6666). http://www.purefloraldesign.com/

http://www.jamierothstein.com/ (it even states on her site that she will drape linens.)

http://www.carlalan.com/

This should pretty much solve your issue! Good luck. BTW...I was having trouble posting my shoes yesterday so here is a pic on me.

em1shoe.jpg

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
Hey Emerald- I don''t know you, but I love you!! I can''t thank you enough! I have emailed and sent inquiries to everyone I saw online to see if they could help. Most didn''t even return the email or call, and the ones who did, didn''t service what I was looking for. Finding someone has been the biggest stick in my wheels thus far. Thanks again!

Those shoes look even better on! Such a nice ''personal style'' touch!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully one of those places will work out and I''m sure there are others. I am meeting with my floral designers on WED! YAY.

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
Good luck at the appt! Very exciting! Are you using purples? Such a great color! Hopefully I''ll hear back from the places you mentioned soon. I had spoken to my florist and he gave me a contact/company for the wall drapery. I''ll be sure to let him know that they neither replied to my email or my phone calls, so he doesn''t refer them again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results