shape
carat
color
clarity

What should i do!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I just found out that my photgrapher has a bad report with the Better Business Bureau and has a couple of bad online reviews. What should I do!? I already put down a deposit... I''m kicking myself for not checking this out sooner!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
The bbb can be a great tool for consumers...but it can be a reputation wrecker for businesses. You can say anything to the BBB. They file your words and there is no clarifying done to correct it. A business can reply to a negative, but usually it is not successful in correction. I think the BBB is one step away for legal published Liable.

Contact the BBB and find out if it was simply a dissatisfied client, or a no show when he promised to...or etc. Remember if a bride looked fat in her photos...she could file a complaint with the BBB. It may be a fact that she was overweight...but had hoped this artisan could do wonders...and was disappointed when she saw the proofs. The online...could be her and her best friend doing all they can to wreck this photographer.

I would contact him and tell him of your reservations, ask for an explanation. Then compare what he says with what bbb says...if it adds up and he is telling the truth, you may get the sense you are dealing with a man of character. If it doesn''t add up...you will have made an investment...your deposit in least amount of headaches.

I would also NOW do what may have been prudent to start with. Ask for references. Not just his choice...but the last three he did.

If everything doesn''t add up...look for another photographer. And count it a blessing you found out in time.

DKS

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I feel much better... thanks for your input on the BBB. I''ve already emailed him to say that I have checked him out on BBB and asked wether I should be concerned about his record. I will also get his last 3 references... thanks again!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Great...glad you feel better. Wait and see how he handles your concerns.

What form of payment was your deposit? And what were the terms if any?

DKS

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I used a credit card for the deposit... and its nonrefundable. I guess there''s no way the credit card company can do a refund...

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/18/2007 3:45:08 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
The bbb can be a great tool for consumers...but it can be a reputation wrecker for businesses. You can say anything to the BBB. They file your words and there is no clarifying done to correct it. A business can reply to a negative, but usually it is not successful in correction. I think the BBB is one step away for legal published Liable.

Contact the BBB and find out if it was simply a dissatisfied client, or a no show when he promised to...or etc. Remember if a bride looked fat in her photos...she could file a complaint with the BBB. It may be a fact that she was overweight...but had hoped this artisan could do wonders...and was disappointed when she saw the proofs. The online...could be her and her best friend doing all they can to wreck this photographer.

I would contact him and tell him of your reservations, ask for an explanation. Then compare what he says with what bbb says...if it adds up and he is telling the truth, you may get the sense you are dealing with a man of character. If it doesn''t add up...you will have made an investment...your deposit in least amount of headaches.

I would also NOW do what may have been prudent to start with. Ask for references. Not just his choice...but the last three he did.

If everything doesn''t add up...look for another photographer. And count it a blessing you found out in time.

DKS
I think that''s great advice by DBS! Better to find out now..then on your wedding day!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results