shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your thoughts on a Vegas New Year''s Eve wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
No problem, purrfectpear. Love your advatar by the way!
Date: 9/29/2008 9:14:38 AM
Author: purrfectpear
It''s all good, no offense was taken on either side I hope
1.gif

BTW, I don''t think there''s anything tasteless about a Vegas wedding, I just wouldn''t want one on the night where it looked like a free for all. I think Vegas can be very nice.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We considered getting married on New Year''s Eve but it was short lived. It just cost too much for us. I personally love the idea of getting married then. But if you''re going to do it, do it right. My flatmate attended a NYE wedding that started at about 4pm and finished at 9pm. The couple was very religious and didn''t have any drinks at their wedding. Because of the area of the country the couple was in they also considered it fine to serve snacks rather than a meal. Nothing like leaving a wedding on NYE hungry and late for any other potential party.

Not that you''re planning to. I think I''m just in a typing mood.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I would not choose to host a Vegas NYE wedding because of the hotel and flight cost for guests. But if your close friends and family are into a Vegas NYE wedding, then go for it. I don''t see how having the wedding a day later will help people out unless they are willing to fly in on New Year''s Day. Otherwise, they are still paying the raised prices for hotel and airfare. Is a NYD flight cheaper than a NYE flight? I''ve never checked. If I was the sort of person who "never traveled without my children" then I doubt I would be the sort of person who is happy to spend the money to cart my family on a holiday to a non-kid place like Vegas. I''m not saying that kids can''t have a good time in Vegas... just that I would not want to spend all that money to take my kids there at an expensive time.

You are the one who knows the people you are inviting, though, so only you can say if it''s a good idea or not! Have a great trip!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
New Year''s is a time when prices get inflated. If you have friends with kids, they will have to find sitters and pay a fortune, assuming they are willing to leave them. I am not sure how many of your friends have kids, but that could make it tough.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
As a guest, no thank you. As mentioned, the rooms would be expensive. Flights would be pricey. And if I were to drive from California, the traffic would be horrendous.

I guess I''m a fogie, but if I got an invite to that, I would send my regrets and pass.

MsSassy

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 3:32:07 AM
Author: louisvgirl
Hey MS Sassy, that's why I said 'that's okay, that's why we're all here...........' did you not get that? Yes , I asked for everyone's opinion. I may not agree with everyone, but yes, I did ask. When it comes, to a point in which I don't agree to a certain extent, especially when someone says it's 'tasteless', then I don't see anything wrong with disagreeing.
I
t's obvious that you're pretty new here, and coming across this way, is not the way to go. (22 posts)?? Everyone here is very positive and supportive.

If you would like to express your thoughts on a New Years Eve wedding, then I would love to here it.
Wow...I didnt realize that there was a requirement to the number of posts you needed to have in order to express an opinion....next time you should write "only people with XXX post need respond" then i'll know better than to give you my opinion.

I think that you should remember that you once only had 22 posts...did you think your opinion was worth any less or did anyone say to you "you're obviously pretty new here, and coming across this way, is not the way to go...?" especially when you specifically ask people what they think about something that just requires an opinion without expertise... I think by YOU saying that, discourages new people from responding with what they think. I didnt realize this was a club that i needed your approval to join. And the comment you made was definitely not positive or supportive...

and just so you know...i have two screen names on this forum...the first of which surpasses you in posts (i created a 2nd so that my FI wouldnt be able to search and find out what my dress looks like) and i have never made a comment to a newbie that they shouldn't post their opinion because they were new...

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know you wanted opinions of all sorts, and having had my wedding at The Bellagio on a Thursday in March 2006, I don't think I'd want to deal with alll of the hordes of people on NYE.

Mind you, I was born and raised in Las Vegas - went through my teens and early 20s there, and I love it to death. I've done my fair share of NYEs in and out of assorted hotels, including the Wynn and Bellagio, and was amazed at how difficult it is to move from one place to another during the hours leading up to the New Year. Lots of people, walking shoulder-to-shoulder, WITH DRINKS of ALL COLOURS (eek, your dress could get stepped on, stained, etc. . .) - it just seems like it's a situation destined to irritate.

Plus, for things like photographs, it will be next to impossible to go somewhere private unless it's your room, or a private ballroom/location that you've reserved. Also, the likelihood that all of the amazing photographers will be booked is huge, oh, and twice as expensive.

Add to that the overwhelming markup of flights and hotel rooms, and I think you're going to have far fewer people excited about going than you may think.

I'm sorry to give you the bad news, but I have a bit of experience with Vegas in general, and my own Vegas wedding, and wanted to open your eyes to things you may not have thought about.
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We really love Vegas. Usually looking for any excuse to go. But we don't like raging crowds and inflated prices, so while I would enjoy a Vegas wedding A LOT, I would likely decline a NYE one... traveling is a pain at that time, even if we drove, the prices are ridiculously high, and it's a zoo. I'm a a fogie too, most likely.

Neatfreaks post really hit the nail on the head for me. You should do what you like, of couse. But since you asked our opinions... there's mine.
2.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 11:32:31 PM
Author: TravelingGal
As a guest, no thank you. As mentioned, the rooms would be expensive. Flights would be pricey. And if I were to drive from California, the traffic would be horrendous.

I guess I''m a fogie, but if I got an invite to that, I would send my regrets and pass.

Ditto. I''d rather do what I wanted to do on NYE than travel to an expensive destination wedding in Vegas. (Not a major Vegas fan, though, so I''m obviously biased. Plus Vegas on New Year''s...I can''t even imagine all the super drunk people stumbling around!)

Since you''re having a small wedding, I would just call all the people and ask them if they''d come or have a problem with it. If it''s family I''m sure they''d be honest with you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results