shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you really hoping to receive off of your registry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Now that save the dates have gone out and our registries are up and running, I''ve started thinking about what I really hope people get us. I think the things I really hope to get are our dishware, flatware, glassware and knives. The other stuff is really nice, too, but I am really ready for some new dining stuff and to round out our knife collection.

What about you? Anything you''re really hoping people get for you?

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I had really wanted our wine glasses, champagne flutes, martini glasses, frames and vases. We were lucky the only thing we didn''t get at our engagement party were our flutes so we bought them a few weeks ago.

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I think the things I would like to see people get us the most are the dishes and bookcase. We already have the bookcase but we really need two so I''m hoping we get it!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock

Really REALLY want:

Wusthof 2-piece knife starter set
Both Le Creuset dutch ovens (small and large, cobalt blue!)
Kitchenaid stand mixer
A $60 endgrain chopping block
Calphalon tri-ply cookware set

Really want:

Kate Spade toasting flutes and cake server set
These cool side table “glow” lamps from Crate & Barrel for our master BR
Sheet sets (don’t wanna buy em when get a house)
Down comforter (so we can move our current one to the guest BR)

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 12:22:18 PM
Author: laughwithme

Really REALLY want:

Wusthof 2-piece knife starter set

Both Le Creuset dutch ovens (small and large, cobalt blue!)

Kitchenaid stand mixer

A $60 endgrain chopping block

Calphalon tri-ply cookware set

Really want:

Kate Spade toasting flutes and cake server set

These cool side table “glow” lamps from Crate & Barrel for our master BR

Sheet sets (don’t wanna buy em when get a house)

Down comforter (so we can move our current one to the guest BR)

LOL laugh with me--our kitchens are going to look similar! We also have wusthof knives and blue cookware.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
I registered at Target, Bed, Bath, & Beyond, and also did a honeymoon registry. To be honest, I'm really hoping some people will take advantage of our honeymoon registry. We saved some money for a honeymoon, then just found out a few days ago that fiance is going to have to pay a re-entrance fee to get back into school (he is former military). All of our 'honey'money is going to his schooling. Not going to lie, it's a little heartbreaking.. but clearly his school is more important. We're having 150-200 people at the wedding, so maybe some of them will give us a little money, but I hate to EXPECT anything, you know? We come from a place where most people give houseware and gifts instead of money.

Off of my other lists, I am really hoping to get this, this, and/or this.
9.gif
Fiance is wanting a computer chair.

ETA: I would also love some really nice champagne flutes, but haven't registered for them because my mom's father was an alcoholic and she HATES when she knows that I've had wine or champagne. Bummer.

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
We haven''t registered but I''m hoping for a rich oil tycoon uncle I didn''t know I had to write me a check for 89 million dollars.

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 1:22:12 PM
Author: winelover23
We haven''t registered but I''m hoping for a rich oil tycoon uncle I didn''t know I had to write me a check for 89 million dollars.

Your to funny!
3.gif

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Good question!

Hmm, probably the Le Creuset dutch oven (I''m also registered for cobalt blue, laughwithme!) and some of the All-Clad cookware we registered for. The pots and pans we currently have are dying to be replaced. I also hope we get at least a few pieces of the fine china, so that we can get the rest without having to buy the entire set. Same with the crystal, although we''ll be buying two champagne flutes ourselves for the wedding. I''m obsessed with the patterns we picked for both and can already imagine the way the dinner table would be set when we entertain (I know, I''m a dork). I do think the last two items may not be purchased since all the components are on the pricey side but FI promised me that we can buy both sets after the wedding even if no one buys them for us. Other than that, the rest of the stuff we will buy ourselves over time w/ the completion discounts. Unfortunately I think everything in our current apartment needs to be overhauled since most of it is from my college days...

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
haha winelover! too funny!! I''d also like 89 million dollars. such a good call. though i might want to bump it up to an even 90 million.

off of my realistic registry i''d really like:
-the rest of my pots/pans. i''ve gotten almost all but 3 i think. they are all clad and they are awesome.
-my wine glasses.
-my knife set
-sheets

we''ve gotten a bunch of stuff already which is so generous of everyone. and for some reason, although we''ve chosen the stuff ourselves, it''s SO exciting to receive it! fun stuff!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really really REALLY wanted the wok. And the rice cooker. And our bedding. I bought the bedding after the fact, and haven't received the other items. I'm assuming we won't now...

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
We currently only have two sets of sheets, which mostly works out as long as one is always in the wash so we could really use a third set. And totally frivolous but I believe I''ll use it weekly-a waffle iron! I looove waffles. I used to make a batch of batter for the week and make them daily when I lived at home.

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
i really want the cake stand from williams sonoma. probably one of the cheaper items on the registry, but i wouldn''t really pay for it with my own money. (seems a bit frivolous?) eh...we got some gift cards for WS as a gift, so either way we''ll get it.
emwink.gif

tobwald

Rough_Rock
What honeymoon registry website are you using? I have been researching options on this as well, but have found the area in which we plan on honeymooning (Croatia and Budapest) does not have a lot of specific registries directly related towards them (a lot I have seen focus on the Caribbean, or other parts of Europe like Italy, the UK, or France).

Thanks in advance!

pinki

Shiny_Rock
I'm hoping for my Lenox Chirp china and a food processor. The simple things in life! The Fiance is praying for the PlayStation3 I let him register for...I had to give him 1 thing since I wanted over $1K in china. LOL

Cj

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2010 7:13:22 AM
Author: tobwald
What honeymoon registry website are you using? I have been researching options on this as well, but have found the area in which we plan on honeymooning (Croatia and Budapest) does not have a lot of specific registries directly related towards them (a lot I have seen focus on the Caribbean, or other parts of Europe like Italy, the UK, or France).

Thanks in advance!

tobwald, we''re doing Eastern Europe for our honeymoon too! We''re going North, though, and doing Prague, Krakow and Budapest. I''m psyched about it.

I think that there are honeymoon registries where you can make up your own categories? Good luck finding one.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
We registered for some belleek items that I''m really hoping to get. I would also love to get all our Le Crueset cookwear, especially the tea kettle! (in Red)

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I want my KitchenAid stand mixer soooooooooooooo badly ... I vowed that I would ship it to MD if I got it for my shower in June (shower is in CT) b/c I want to use it now! We picked the caviar color and it is GORGEOUS.

FI is dying for our Henckels knives.

I also want the salad spinner, LOL.

I also hope and pray someone buys me this frivolous thing:

~Cat and Mouse cheeseboard (knife not included, sadly): Cheese board

ringless

Shiny_Rock
I''m really hoping to receive a lot of kitchen items. My sister is hosting a kitchen themed bridal shower for me so that should be fun! I would love to get a nice kitchenaid mixer (aqua from the MS collection), pots and pan set, wustoff knive block set.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results