shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you doing with your e-ring the day of the wedding??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve heard a few different ways of doing this (managing both e-ring and wedding ring on the Big Day) but wanted some PS insight...

Did/will you wear you e-ring down the isle on your left hand, per usual, and have FI place the wedding band on top of it?

Did/will FI have both the wedding band and the e-ring?

Did you wear your e-ring on your right hand?

Did you not wear the e-ring at all the day of the wedding?

I know it''s such a small-seeming thing, but I''m really confused about how I should do this. I''d like to keep my e-ring involved in SOME way.
33.gif
33.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I will wear mine on the right hand until after the ceremony, although this is a good question because I am not too sure. My ering is an eternity band so I am not sure whether it matters if I move it over or not.....

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I took mine off once I was ready and my Mum looked after it for me. She have it back to me at the reception. She was supposed to give it back to me immediately after the ceremony so that the photographer would be able to shoot it on my hand with our wedding rings but we were whisked off so we forgot!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore my engagement ring on my left hand like usual because I was wearing my 5 stone diamond ring that was my grandmother''s on the middle finger of my right hand for my something old. Plus I just wanted to wear my e-ring like usual! It''s obviously my favorite piece of jewelry and I would have felt weird not wearing it as usual on the day of!

Right when it was time to exchange the rings I switched my e-ring to my right hand and then after we did the rings I switched it back so that my e-ring was above my wedding band like it''s supposed to be. (I did the switch back when we were waiting for a song to end, so it wasn''t super obvious.)

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard that you''re supposed to wear it on your right hand, so I guess this is what I''ll do. I''ll probably move it over to the left after the ceremony though and wear them together. The stone is an heirloom from FI''s family, so I feel like I really need to wear it during the ceremony because it''s kind of linking both of our families together
1.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I''ll be wearing it on my right hand as I won''t be without it! Just how I always thought it was done I guess. And I want the wedding band to go right onto my left ring finger, no switching necessary.

I will wear mine in my left hand, sadly my right hand ring finger is a whole size LARGER than my left hand
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

Gotta be difficult!

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
I wore mine on my left hand and then after the ceremony I rearranged the rings so the wedding band was on the bottom. My e-ring does not fit on my right hand and I also have a ring that I always wear on my right ring finger so it wasn''t even an option.

ProseCuter

Rough_Rock
My right ring finger is a half size larger than my left, but my e-ring is a 1/4 size larger than my left ring finger (ordered this was so will be more comfortable when wearing with my wedding ring), so it can fit on either hand. I''ll wear it on my right during the ceremony and switch it over to my left at some point after FI puts the wedding ring on my finger.
1.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to have my MOH hold onto his band and my engagement ring. My ring won''t fit on my right hand unfortunately. So in my mind, when we exchange our vows and exchange rings I''ll be able to get my engagemenrt ring back from her after he puts my wedding band on my finger. At least that''s whyat I''ve got imagined anyways.
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore mine on my right hand for the ceremony and then I switched it back afterwards.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I am going to wear it on my normal finger and have FI slip my wband on behind it. Providing my fingers havn''t swelled too much in the tropical heat, I will change them over while signing the register or something so they are fixed for the pics.

It doesn''t fit on my right hand, and I don''t want to be without my most precious piece of jewellery on my wedding day!!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
When my sister got married she gave me her e ring to wear when we were getting ready and then after the ceremony i gave it back to her.. i felt very special wearing that ring when they got married.
1.gif

I''m not sure what i will do, i already wear another diamond ring on my right hand, my ring would be too small for the eldest daughter and too big for the youngest to wear during the ceremony and to take it off (switch during the ceremony) would cause my finger to swell and go all red.. not a good look for photos!!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
hmmmm...im trying to figure this out too.

i really want to wear it, but my band is an insert, so it might be awkward. i might wear it on my right hand, then discreetly hand it to FI to put the ering into the wband during the ceremony. we''ll be up on the alter for quite some time, i''m sure there will be opportunities while we are sitting there to do so
3.gif
2.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore mine on my left hand as usual, he put the band on top, and then I switched them when nobody was looking to put the band on the bottom :)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Am just planning on wearing it on my right hand, then putting it back on my left after the ceremony.
1.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
My ring doesn''t fit on my right ring finger either (darn knuckles!), so I''ll just wear like normal and switch it around after the ceremony too.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the responses, ladies!

I like the right hand idea, except I planned on wearing different jewelry on that hand and I wanted my e-ring on for bridal photos pre-ceremony. (Not that switching it between the hands would be difficult)

Glad to hear everyone is doing something a bit different. At least I now know for-sure there isn''t any ONE way that it must be done
1.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I got married almost 26 years ago, but I remember having my e-ring on my right hand and then after the ceremony I moved it over to my left hand
2.gif

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I had planned to wear it on my right hand, but that is going to depend on whether or not my joints become a little less swollen, so that the ring fits. Even with the sizer, it doesn''t go over the knuckle at the moment. (and god forbid I should get it stuck...)

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
My bestfriend gave both her rings to the best man for safe keeping.

Part of the wedding ceremony (Anglican) had a ring blessing and then the groom slipped both of the rings on to her finger at the same time.

It worked out very well.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2009 12:50:52 AM
Author: HopeDream
My bestfriend gave both her rings to the best man for safe keeping.

Part of the wedding ceremony (Anglican) had a ring blessing and then the groom slipped both of the rings on to her finger at the same time.

It worked out very well.
thats a really sweet idea

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
im having my e-ring and wb soldered together the week before the wedding so fi will have both when he gives them to me :)

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
I wore it on my left hand and had my DH slip the wedding band on top of it, I actually wear my wedding band on top of the E-ring
1.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
My MoH is going to wear it during the ceremony. Her eyes lit up so big when I told her
9.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I wasn''t supposed to wear any jewelry at the ceremony/chuppah (Jewish custom not to wear any jewelry when walking down the aisle and under the chuppah) so I had 4 bridesmaids - I gave my earrings to one of them, my necklace to one of them, my bracelet to one of them, and my engagement ring to one of them. They each held my jewelry as they walked down the aisle, and after the ceremony was over I put all of my jewelry back on (including my engagement ring with my new wedding bands).

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll probably wear mine as usual on the left and then have my FI put the wedding band over it. i''ll swap them after the ceremony to put the wedding ring underneath.

wow, i just got chills thinking about that moment!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i think i''ll wear it on my left hand and then do a switch after the ceremony. unfortunately my right hand is a lot bigger and my ring will not fit.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I wore mine on my left hand, as usual. DH put my WB on top of it, and I switched them right after the ceremony.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/6/2009 4:05:34 AM
Author: bee*
I wore mine on my right hand for the ceremony and then I switched it back afterwards.
Ditto!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results