shape
carat
color
clarity

Welcome baskets: Inspiration please!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I have about 15 or so guests staying over on the day of our wedding, until breakfast the next day.

They will arrive before the ceremony at about 3 pm, so they wont be staying long.

I thought it would still be nice to have a little welcome basket in their rooms (about 8).

No idea how to put this together.

Any inspiration is welcome!

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you looking for a traditional basket with stuff in it or something a little more creative?

Some ideas:

wine basket: little chocolates, bottle of wine, glasses

snack basket: bagged/boxed snacks (popcorn, chips, candies)

relax "basket": icecream glass (like they used to serve icecream in years ago) with bath beads to fill and then a bath puff on top (like whipped cream)

bath basket: filled with bath salts, lotions, puffs, scented soaps

breakfast basket: coffee mugs, coffee, tea, poptarts (or some such thing), fruit

local goodies: what is the area known for? Put little trinkets (mugs, keychains, etc), local foods (smoked salmon, cheese, coffee, candies, etc)

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Can you tell us more about your wedding? Is it outdoors, on the beach, etc.? Are you having any sort of theme? I would try to make the basket relate to your wedding a little bit.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with things that are (1) useful and (2) local. I recently went to a Georgia wedding that had bottled water (custom labels), a bottle of wine with plastic glasses (custom logo), Georgia peanuts, some local pickles, and some chocolates in a bag. Another wedding in Napa had a basket of "Napateasers" with wine, wine grape soda, granola, homemade cookies, salted nuts (that wedding was a little out of control). Another just had a bag with bottled water, a few snacks, and a notepad and maps. I appreciated all of them!

I'm just starting to think about our bags, but we'll probably do bottled water with labels, Garrets popcorn, and a few other treats (maybe Frango mints?). Nothing too elaborate, though.

I don't care for things that either need to be transported home or will make me feel guilty if I leave in the hotel room (expensive baskets, wine glasses, glass jars). Wine is nice, but if there isn't time to drink it in the hotel, it can't go on the plane and therefore needs to be put in checked luggage, which can be a pain.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
sillyberry said:
I agree with things that are (1) useful and (2) local. I recently went to a Georgia wedding that had bottled water (custom labels), a bottle of wine with plastic glasses (custom logo), Georgia peanuts, some local pickles, and some chocolates in a bag. Another wedding in Napa had a basket of "Napateasers" with wine, wine grape soda, granola, homemade cookies, salted nuts (that wedding was a little out of control). Another just had a bag with bottled water, a few snacks, and a notepad and maps. I appreciated all of them!

I'm just starting to think about our bags, but we'll probably do bottled water with labels, Garrets popcorn, and a few other treats (maybe Frango mints?). Nothing too elaborate, though.

I don't care for things that either need to be transported home or will make me feel guilty if I leave in the hotel room (expensive baskets, wine glasses, glass jars). Wine is nice, but if there isn't time to drink it in the hotel, it can't go on the plane and therefore needs to be put in checked luggage, which can be a pain.

I just brought home a small Chicago mix! FI just finished it off. Excellent choice. :lickout:

We'll just be doing gift bags with bottled water, snacks, granola bars, and maps to the ceremony and reception from the hotel...I'm trying to look into local Missouri companies for those things. Will probably end up including biscotti from FI's fave local coffee shop as well.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all. I'm definitely including water and snacks, probably quintessentially English food, a loofah (there are nice bath products there already) lotion, tissues and wipes, toothbrush (someone always forgets!) and toothpaste and a little toy for those with small kids.

I'm getting married in a Palladian mansion, we are taking the whole place over!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results