shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Planning Stress? What do you do to calm down

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
I''m a perfectionist and I drives me crazy when things dont work out the way I planned. I''ve been dissapointed with a few loose screws already, and this is just the beginning lf the planning since my wedding is 10 months away. I dont want to get over whelmed but my family tell me I have to really get on the ball.

What do you do to calm down? I bought to bottles of wine, but I dont want to turn into a lushy bride. lol

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Tell me about it! We haven''t set the date in concrete yet, and I''m so stressed already! Those kind of days I refuse to bring my Wedding Folder to school, refuse to pick up the phone to call venues, and look at pictures of FI and I.Don''t know if that helps...

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
For me..hmm. I calm down via bubble baths and glancing through magazines. I love wedding magazines, but unfortunately they don''t come out enough. Other than that I suggest deep breathing and possibly yoga. A journal can also be helpful to relieve the stress. Finally, if none of this works there''s always a great book or movie to take your mind off of things. Hope that helps some, I totally understand how you feel!
1.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I am a perfectionist, but found wedding planning to be one of the most joyful experiences I''ve had. I started out with the following mantra: If it''s not going to matter in 10 years, it doesn''t matter now. I held that thought with me until we were on a plane on the way to our honeymoon and I never felt any stress about the wedding details with two exceptions (First, the possibility of cancelling as my MIL, who was 86 at the time and had late stage Alzheimer''s fell, broke her back and underwent surgery 3 weeks prior to the wedding. I didn''t feel right getting married without her there, DH wanted to go on with the show. With the help of a hired nurse and a whieelchair she made it, and even though she had no clue where she was, or who I was, it meant so much that she was there. Second, my sister, BIL, and then 9 month old nephew showed up a day early and set up camp in my sparking clean condo, that I had cleaned in preperation for a babysitter coming to sit with their son would have a nice place to spend several hours, and more importantly that I was moving out of immediately after returning from the honeymoon. Within an hour of their arrival it was a total mess and I got a bit tempermental, but that was less about the wedding, more about wanting my house to be clean).

If you find youself getting worked up, figure out a few things that really matter to you (food, location, guests, music, etc.) focus on those being as you want and let the rest go.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I think...What Would Jesus Do? Probably have a glass of wine.
31.gif

And if you''re not a Jesus fan...well, science has proven that fruit is good for you....so grapes. A glass of squished up grapes=wine.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results