shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding pics (allycat)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock

Hey everyone,

I’m sorry for the delay in the update. As I mentioned before, there were things on the other thread that really hurt me, and I didn’t feel comfortable talking about all this before. I really want all of you gals to know that I’m very grateful to all of you that have supported me throughout the last 5 years. I don’t believe that you get anywhere in life without people (sometimes virtual) that hold you up when you’re down. I especially want to tell Icekid, Freke, Kaliegh, and kama_s that they are wonderful, beautiful ladies.

So Initially we had decided to have a family reunion. We dropped all of the wedding planning and concentrated on our relationship. We were in counselling nearly everyday and it was physically (and mentally) exhausting. It didn’t really change anything, but everything. It’s impossible for me to put into words how much insight it gave us, so I’m going to leave it at that. There’s still a lot of work to be done individually, but it’s a work in progress.

We decided on WEDNESDAY the 24th to get married. Mainly because we really love each other. That might seem like a silly statement, but it really came down to that. Despite everything we’ve been through, I just didn’t see myself without him, and he didn’t see himself without me. Both of us knew we were never going to walk away from the relationship, and we felt that we could handle whatever came our way, as a couple. We’ve survived 13 years knowing that relationships take work, and we felt we had the committement to see this through.

I had left most of the wedding planning, to the last minute (even before we decided to drop it) so you can imagine trying to get 2 weeks worth of stuff done in 3 days before the wedding! I had even cancelled some vendors to recoup loses (Florist, DJ, Lions). It was actually my sister, my cousin, and my 2 best friends that planned it ALL for us. I couldn’t handle the stress of it, and sometimes, you have to just ask for help. That’s something I’ve recently learnt. I didn’t do ANYTHING just went to the dress fitting and counseling. They ran everywhere for us, got a DJ, a florist got asian hors d''oeuvres. Wrapped favors, made place cards. In many ways, I could see why someone would say *it wasn’t well organized* because we did’t have time to have things done professionally, but my friends and family put a lot of love into it.The flowers arrived late (during the cocktail hour) because they weren’t done!!! I have pictures of the empty arrangements!

The ONLY dress fitting was on Thursday 25th (2 days before the wedding) My sister bartered away MEDICAL services so the seamstress would do it. Family doctors are a HOT commodity in Montreal (you can’t even GET ON a waiting list) and my sister has 7 new patients…the seamstress’s family! We waited 4 hours downstairs while she did it. And there were 3 false tries. The dress was WAY too tight. (They could NOT zip it up, not even CLOSE). I have pictures of that too. And I looked STRESSED.

FMIL was a total angel. Not a word. She threw us this wonderful Viet theme reheresal lunch/dinner on Thursday night. We had a rehersal dinner in FMIL’s BACKYARD, because the church was obviously unavailable 3 days before the wedding.

So with the exception of my mother (who totally lost it) everything was perfect. I really wouldn’t have changed anything about that day. I’m tracking down pictures (i.e begging on facebook) so that I don’t bore you all with one or 2 wedding pictures and then keep adding. Here’s the really important stuff (for PS’ers anyways.)

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Wedding band that he bought me when I was sick (actually had very little input on this)

weddingish.JPG

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Another view. I actually like the band a lot. It''s about 1.3 mm wide, so I find it compliments it well.

bandzxy.JPG

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Our *reheresal*. He''s telling me it''s time to exchange rings. I''m looking at the program the priest gave us and thinking "oh my gosh, it''s not on the program"

DSCF0865.JPG

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 9:56:14 AM
Author:allycat0303

Hey everyone,

I’m sorry for the delay in the update. As I mentioned before, there were things on the other thread that really hurt me, and I didn’t feel comfortable talking about all this before. I really want all of you gals to know that I’m very grateful to all of you that have supported me throughout the last 5 years. I don’t believe that you get anywhere in life without people (sometimes virtual) that hold you up when you’re down. I especially want to tell Icekid, Freke, Kaliegh, and kama_s that they are wonderful, beautiful ladies.

So Initially we had decided to have a family reunion. We dropped all of the wedding planning and concentrated on our relationship. We were in counselling nearly everyday and it was physically (and mentally) exhausting. It didn’t really change anything, but everything. It’s impossible for me to put into words how much insight it gave us, so I’m going to leave it at that. There’s still a lot of work to be done individually, but it’s a work in progress.

We decided on WEDNESDAY the 24th to get married. Mainly because we really love each other. That might seem like a silly statement, but it really came down to that. Despite everything we’ve been through, I just didn’t see myself without him, and he didn’t see himself without me. Both of us knew we were never going to walk away from the relationship, and we felt that we could handle whatever came our way, as a couple. We’ve survived 13 years knowing that relationships take work, and we felt we had the committement to see this through.

I had left most of the wedding planning, to the last minute (even before we decided to drop it) so you can imagine trying to get 2 weeks worth of stuff done in 3 days before the wedding! I had even cancelled some vendors to recoup loses (Florist, DJ, Lions). It was actually my sister, my cousin, and my 2 best friends that planned it ALL for us. I couldn’t handle the stress of it, and sometimes, you have to just ask for help. That’s something I’ve recently learnt. I didn’t do ANYTHING just went to the dress fitting and counseling. They ran everywhere for us, got a DJ, a florist got asian hors d''oeuvres. Wrapped favors, made place cards. In many ways, I could see why someone would say *it wasn’t well organized* because we did’t have time to have things done professionally, but my friends and family put a lot of love into it.The flowers arrived late (during the cocktail hour) because they weren’t done!!! I have pictures of the empty arrangements!

The ONLY dress fitting was on Thursday 25th (2 days before the wedding) My sister bartered away MEDICAL services so the seamstress would do it. Family doctors are a HOT commodity in Montreal (you can’t even GET ON a waiting list) and my sister has 7 new patients…the seamstress’s family! We waited 4 hours downstairs while she did it. And there were 3 false tries. The dress was WAY too tight. (They could NOT zip it up, not even CLOSE). I have pictures of that too. And I looked STRESSED.

FMIL was a total angel. Not a word. She threw us this wonderful Viet theme reheresal lunch/dinner on Thursday night. We had a rehersal dinner in FMIL’s BACKYARD, because the church was obviously unavailable 3 days before the wedding.

So with the exception of my mother (who totally lost it) everything was perfect. I really wouldn’t have changed anything about that day. I’m tracking down pictures (i.e begging on facebook) so that I don’t bore you all with one or 2 wedding pictures and then keep adding. Here’s the really important stuff (for PS’ers anyways.)

That put a tear in my eye..

I know your still posting photos so I will post again when your done, but I will just quickly pass on my congratulations, you seem like a lovely girl Alley and you deserve every happiness in this world
1.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi Danielle,

You''re so sweet. I read your message on the other thread but I was running around (and getting yelled at
14.gif
) so I didn''t have time to respond to everyone individually. I''ll have to come back because I don''t have that many pictures of the actual wedding. So I thought to post all when I got some good ones.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Ally, I''m so happy for you that counselling is helping and that you''ve made the right choice for you. I''m glad you''re going to post pictures, no matter how many or few, I look forward to seeing your day.

K

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Ally I am SO happy for you. I''m glad you took the time and together, made the decision to get married. A decision that worked for the both of you without external family stuff. I really think that is what is important - you and your hubby are a team now and as a married couple, you have every right to make decisions that work only for the two of you (even if the inlaws get pissed! haha).

I can''t wait until you post more pictures because I saw a few on FB and you were STUNNING girl!!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
reading this gave me chills! i''m so happy that it all worked out for you. i''m so glad you went to counseling and that it was so insightful for you. i think you are probably much closer as a result, and you have dealt with issues that many couples might not deal with for years into their marriage. so that''s great! it sounds like you are starting your married life on solid ground. i can''t wait to see more pictures! he did an excellent job on the ring :)! again, i''m so happy for you!!!
36.gif
36.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Octoberbride: It's funny because I think the FB pictures I have are kind of ugly, which is why I hesistate to post them. For friends it's ok (all of them know how I look in real life, so no fooling them) here it's different
11.gif

Kimberely: Thank you for being supportive.

cocolaw: Thanks sweetie. I checked out your gorgeous shoes. My gosh. They're killers! (and the color!!!)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
ally sweetie, I am so glad that you two followed your heart and did what would make you happy. You are so beautiful, your rings are lovely, and I can't wait to see more of your photos! Congratulations!
1.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ally -- This is bringing tears to my eyes. I've been waiting for your update -- I'm so glad you ended up with a wedding rather than a family reunion! And hooray for everyone who came through to help you pull it together at the last minute, especially your sister(!).

Congratulations on your marriage! I hope and trust that everything you slogged through to get to this point will help ensure a fulfilling and durable union.

ETA I don't think I've seen a pic of Hockey Guy (now Mr. Allycat!) before. What a good looking couple you are!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Ally, I''m really really happy for you. Your post seems so...peaceful somehow, and I don''t know that I''ve ever gotten that out of one of your posts before. I can''t wait to see more pictures of your wedding and I wish you all the joy and happiness in the world. *Hugs*

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ally, I''m so thrilled for you. How wonderful that your family and friends really pulled together to help you out. You two look so happy!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Ally, sweetie, I am so happy to hear that you are happy! It takes an incredible amount of courage to stand up and fight for your relationship, and it''s great to hear that you guys are working things out. And the most important thing is that you really love each other and you are married!!!!

My FI and I went through relationship counselling a few years ago, so I really mean it when I say I understand the turmoil you guys must have been through. Even when things are working out and getting better, it''s incredibly emotionally draining and I really admire both of you for taking the time and energy to fix things in your relationship. I really believe this shows love and commitment.

I gave you my honest opinions in that thread and at the time I meant what I said, I just hope it didn''t hurt you too much. But I can see that you are heading in the right direction, and I really wish you the best in your future together. Only you can decide what''s right for you, and I am so pleased for you sweetie. Congratulations!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Huge hugs ally!

I''ve seen those photos, and I thought you looked absolutely stunning, and having seen them BEFORE I found out you did everything 3 days in advance, I NEVER would have guessed it was all done on such short notice. Seriously.

I can''t wait to see more pics!!

Love to you my dear.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Ally - Congratulations! I am very happy for you that you are now progressing towards greener pastures and that this turbulent and challenging time in your life appears to be behind you. I wish you all the best for many happy love filled years together. Thank you for sharing your update with us and I look forward to seeing more pictures showing what a beautiful bride you were.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so happy for you...things should slow down and become easier for you. Keep up with the counseling though until you feel like
you got a good handle on each other. Again, couldnt be happier for you! Congratulations!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Oh, allycat, thanks for coming back to post a thread about your wedding.

I am really glad your friends and family pulled together for you in that way. It was heartwarming to read that. I want you to have people in your life that''ll leave whatever they''re doing to help you.

Here''s to following your heart, and here''s to a (continued?) counseling to try to understand and then hopefully work out the kinks. Here''s to an amazingly accomplished, beautiful, graceful, married woman!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Ally,

First off..congratulations! Second, I also
30.gif
30.gif
your band! I think he did a great job. Can''t wait to see more photos..I am hoping you get some. I am glad that you and your DH worked out what is best for you and found a good plan/track. I am sending my best wishes and prayers your way. Sorry about the hiccups and hitches along the way, but it sounds like everything came together for you as best as it could and that it was beautiful. Sending you tons of hugs, make people cough up some pics!
5.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing you every joy, happiness and success sweetheart - you deserve it!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Ally, you look so pretty. I am so glad that you guys did what worked for you. Much happiness in the future.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ok. I have a lot of pictures (zillions). I''m sorry if there''s way too many (if you notice, I was obsessed with certain aspects i.e my bouquet)

Looking through them again I realize that there were FULL of flowers that were all a little random and didn''t match. But it was all very last minute. Especially the one''s in the church. My mom ordered them from some random florist..which is why they aren''t the same color.

Also, I got permission from everyone that is in these pictures to post them online.
1.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
With makeup on. In retrosect, if I had been better planned, I would have done a second makeup trial. They put something on my lips that made them quite pale (without makeup they look better) my husband DID NOT like it at all. He despises all makeup on principal.

DSCF0966.JPG

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
With NO MAKEUP on (how I usually look). My husband saw this picture and says they should have left my face alone. I agree that my lips look better without the gloss thing on though.

nakedface.JPG

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
My friend Marc in front of the church. He's one of my closest friends. Hamming it up a little before the ceremony. He's a surgeon, sweetie and single
9.gif

church3.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally, you are absolutely a little doll. You look so beautiful in your wedding dress and your ring is gorgeous.
With or without makeup, your are a beautiful woman.

I am so happy that you followed your heart and did what is right for you.

love, Linda
xoxoxox

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
What you see from the front door of the church (I love that you can see the water)

churchpath.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results