shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Favors

les12

Shiny_Rock
Who''s doing wedding favors? What are you doing? We chose some cute personalized collapsible koozies, I can''t wait to see how they turn out! We used www.discountfavors.com and their prices are super reasonable! Our guestlist is right at 200 but we only ordered 100, that should be enough right?? Would rather run out than have tons left over!!

FutureMrsMRS

Rough_Rock
We''re on the fence about favors. I would love to do the clear favor boxes with m&m''s in our colors but it depends on how many guests we end up having!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
We are doing Godiva chocolates. I will attach a picture of them. I am super excited about it, they are so yummy.
18.gif
Our colours are black, gold and pink and they come in a gold box so it works perfectly for our colour scheme too!
9.gif

missjaxfavour.jpeg

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
we''re making caramels
18.gif

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Errr... isn''t the point to have one for each guest? I believe you''d need a hundred more, if I understand what you''re saying. Unless you mean you invited 200 and only expect 100. I''ve always seen favors at each place setting, so I hope you have enough!!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
We went in a bit of a different direction for ours. As we had a small guest list (16) and it was a DW at a Canadian resort & spa to which all our guests paid for travel and accommodations we gave them each a $200 credit for the spa and dining room..so they could get spa services or buy spa items and clothing or just eat!

About 25% of our budget went here but it was really important for us that our guests had a good time over the weekend and took time to relax (a priority for us actually) and since we skipped a lot of other expenses or saved on them as we did it all at the resort it was doable.

They knew about it when they arrived though so they had all weekend to use it. Whatever was not used was credited back to us so we actually spent $1000 less than planned.

This would be an insane expense with a larger guest list though!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 8:01:59 AM
Author: KatyWI
Errr... isn''t the point to have one for each guest? I believe you''d need a hundred more, if I understand what you''re saying. Unless you mean you invited 200 and only expect 100. I''ve always seen favors at each place setting, so I hope you have enough!!

Ditto. It would be better to skip them altogether than give to 1/2 of the guests in my own opinion.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/29/2010 11:35:19 PM
Author:les12
Who''s doing wedding favors? What are you doing? We chose some cute personalized collapsible koozies, I can''t wait to see how they turn out! We used www.discountfavors.com and their prices are super reasonable! Our guestlist is right at 200 but we only ordered 100, that should be enough right?? Would rather run out than have tons left over!!
Uh yeah... that''s kind of weird. A favor is supposed to go to each person not each couple (I think). We''re giving chocolates from a local company. As a guest, I''ve personally always preferred an edible favor.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 8:36:07 AM
Author: caribqueen

Date: 4/29/2010 11:35:19 PM
Author:les12
Uh yeah... that''s kind of weird. A favor is supposed to go to each person not each couple (I think). We''re giving chocolates from a local company. As a guest, I''ve personally always preferred an edible favor.
Ditto! I kind of want to do an edible favor too, but my mom came up with the idea of not having favors on the plates themselves so people didn''t have to either eat them right there or find a place for them in somebody''s purse, but to set out "goody bags" on a table when people start to leave for them to take home with them. She suggested a personalized bag of coffee (I used to work in coffee) and a thumb drive (FI is a software engineer) with our wedding date on it for each bag. I get the idea of wanting to have "useful" favors like that, but wouldn''t people just prefer some chocolates or a cookie?

Also les12, when I''ve seen favors done at a wedding every guest gets one, not every couple. I think the generally accepted decline rate for invitations is 20-25% percent, not 50%, unless you have a very large portion of guests who would have to travel pretty far and/or who are just business relationships which could skew the decline rate higher.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
I''m inclined not to do favors, mainly because it seems like an unnecessary expense and I''m not a fan of clutter or trinkets. If I were to do a favor, it would be something edible. We will likely have several children at our wedding because all of our relatives and friends seem to have young children, so I will probably have little activity bags for the children to use throughout the night and take home - coloring books and crayons, etc.

I agree that it seems odd to only have 100 favors if you will be having more guests than that.... Will it be first come, first served?

laine

Brilliant_Rock
We''re doing mini key chain flashlights (which will be useful, as the wedding is outdoors and there aren''t really lights where the cars will be parked). I didn''t get enough for one per guest. They''ll be in a basket (probably near the table assignments, then moved to the bar), so I if people want them, they can take them.

I think with a set up like that, you don''t need one per person, as a lot of people don''t take them. At the tables, however, you probably do need one per person or it might look weird (unless its obviously a shared couple favor).

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should have at least 1 favor for every guest. That''s like saying I''m going to invite 150 guests and only set 100 table settings because I don''t expect everyone will eat dinner.

For our favors I made homemade truffles-hazelnut and mexican hot chocolate. They were a hit!

les12

Shiny_Rock
Let me re-phrase. I''m going to have the koozies in baskets at the bars so it''s more like an option for guests to use who will be drinking bottled beers/etc and they can take home. So I guess "favor" is the wrong term. They''re more just something extra and we''ll have a few out at a time and replenish. Not all guests will be drinking, we have lots of children invited, and the older crowd of people we are expecting will not use them.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
i''ve been playing with the idea of foregoing favors as well. from the weddings i''ve gone to, the favors have never really made an impact on me, and we end up losing them anyway >.<

instead of favors, my fiance and i are thinking about making a donation to the Alzheimer''s Association. His grandparents (father''s side) can''t come to our wedding because his grandmother is in an advanced stage of Alzheimer''s and his grandfather refuses to leave her. They can''t travel or be away from their house for more than a couple of hours and he is absolutely heartbroken that he can''t come to our wedding. She''s had the disease for more than 10 years and without the research and breakthroughs in treatments, she would''ve been gone a long time ago (her sister died from the same disease in less than 5 years). we would probably place a card at each seat and write something about a donation being given in honor of Bill and Sally T. who could not be here tonight or something along those lines.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
My FI and I are going to homebrew a seasonal beer and give each guest a bottle with a personalized label.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
so many cool ideas, and YUM for the homemade caramels! We did a donation in honor of my grandfather who passed away while we were dating and printed that on the bottom of handmade menu cards. that was it:) We also gave away most of the flowers/centerpieces at the end of the night to poeple who had helped a lot with the wedding.

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
our favors are plastic frosted personalized beer steins. We will be using them to serve the coke floats we are having instead of a grooms cake, and the guests can take them home too! I am pretty excited about them!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
curlysue....love your favor!

We are doing shot glasses because we are having a beach wedding and my fiance is Russian, meaning there will be several toasts with vodka throughout the night so they are quite practical as well. A lot of my friends I think will enjoy this favor.

Anyone know a good complany that goes personalized glassware?

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
I definitely want to do a favor. I also know that I don''t want to do anything personalized. I hate when I received something that has Jane & John stamped on the front of it. I never know what to do with that stuff. And most of those bulk trinkets that you buy in those wedding catalogs are cheap and get thrown in the back of drawers. Only grandmothers appreciate those things. In my opinion, anyway...which is only worth two cents!
2.gif

I have narrowed it down to something edible (pralines, cookies, or our favorite donuts) or homemade candles with our "signature" scent (amber and lavender). I''m really leaning towards the candles even though it is going to be a ton of work!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
We did pint glasses. DH and I are obsessed with beer and "collect" (read: steal) pint glasses, so we thought it was an awesome idea. The glasses had the Guiness logo, but with our last name instead of "Guiness" and some other changes to that it had our wedding date and place, etc. The bar served beers in them all night and people were allowed to take them home (read: steal them!) at the end of the night. We have tons left over (it was cheaper to get 144 than 96 for whatever reason) so DH has enough to start his own bar
3.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I was very into favors- we did candy canes plus a mini tote with a bottle of holiday wine and recipe booklet plus 3 different types of homemade cookies.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
we didn''t have favours, but as a guest, I much much MUCH prefer edible favours- yum!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Our favors are a box of four truffles from a local candy shoppe.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results