shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Dress Shopping in New York

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I am planning on flying to New York for a week to go dress shopping at Kleinfeld Bridal. For all you New York ladies and others who have been, I was wondering if you could help me out by telling me what airport would be the easiest to fly into (closest to 5th Avenue and Kleinfeld''s). Also if anybody has any hotel suggestions or other bridal shops I would love any guidance you could provide. I am from Midwestern Canada and it will be my very first trip out east and am VERY excited.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I like JFK when I travel in and out of NY... look here for wedding dress shops http://nymag.com/weddings/listings/gowns/ although my favorite is Mark Ingram since that is where my dress is currently sitting and waiting patiently for me to pick it up

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it IS very exciting! I''m sure that you will have a blast!!

What a coincidence! I''m from the West Coast, Vancouver. When are you going to be at Kleinfeld? I''m actually have an appt there w/Diane on Saturday, Jan 24. Wouldn''t that be a coincidence if we were to be there at the same time?? I haven''t been to NYC in a long time so I''m really looking forward to it as well!

I''m not from NY so might not be much help but .... we are flying into Newark (EWR) for various different reasons, other airports that might be better suited to your needs are LaGuardia (LGA) or JFK ... they all seem to be within 30- 45 mins away from Manhattan.

As it stands right now, I think that we will be staying at 70 Park Avenue hotel in Midtown, Manhattan, which, as far as I understand it, is just a short cab ride away and perfectly suited to our needs but there are TONS of hotels to choose from that are all relatively close to where you need to be. If you are doing it up and would like to stay somewhere fabulous ... Waldorf Astoria, maybe?
31.gif
If you search expedia or something ... look for hotels in Manhattan in either the Chelsea area or Midtown Manhattan and you should be okay.

I hope this helps somewhat. Good luck with your appt! I hope that you find your perfect dress!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I ditto the suggestion for JFK - much more convenient in my experience.

Have fun at Kleinfeld''s - that sounds like a really fun trip!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 4:05:49 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
Yes, it IS very exciting! I''m sure that you will have a blast!!

What a coincidence! I''m from the West Coast, Vancouver. When are you going to be at Kleinfeld? I''m actually have an appt there w/Diane on Saturday, Jan 24. Wouldn''t that be a coincidence if we were to be there at the same time?? I haven''t been to NYC in a long time so I''m really looking forward to it as well!

I''m not from NY so might not be much help but .... we are flying into Newark (EWR) for various different reasons, other airports that might be better suited to your needs are LaGuardia (LGA) or JFK ... they all seem to be within 30- 45 mins away from Manhattan.

As it stands right now, I think that we will be staying at 70 Park Avenue hotel in Midtown, Manhattan, which, as far as I understand it, is just a short cab ride away and perfectly suited to our needs but there are TONS of hotels to choose from that are all relatively close to where you need to be. If you are doing it up and would like to stay somewhere fabulous ... Waldorf Astoria, maybe?
31.gif
If you search expedia or something ... look for hotels in Manhattan in either the Chelsea area or Midtown Manhattan and you should be okay.

I hope this helps somewhat. Good luck with your appt! I hope that you find your perfect dress!

Thanks Sparkalicious, unfortunately I won''t be going until fall (I know, I ALWAYS plan EVERYTHING super early! I like to be prepared
2.gif
). That would have been something if we were there at the same time! You will have to let me know how your appointment goes. Thanks for the suggestions too, I will have to jump on expedia and start doing my research.

sba771, Thanks for the suggestions, I will have to check out Mark Ingram and I will be checking out the website too!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 5:34:58 PM
Author: missjaxon
Thanks Sparkalicious, unfortunately I won''t be going until fall (I know, I ALWAYS plan EVERYTHING super early! I like to be prepared
2.gif
). That would have been something if we were there at the same time! You will have to let me know how your appointment goes. Thanks for the suggestions too, I will have to jump on expedia and start doing my research.
You are most welcome! You are definitely ahead of the game, aren''t you?!!
I will definitely let you know how it goes!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Honestly it depends on what airline you are going to fly. I live here and fly at least once to twice a month and I always try to fly out of Laguardia first. Mileage wise it is the closest to the east side and if you find a good taxi much faster. JFK is at the far end of brooklyn and to be honest always seem to take longer unless you get really lucky but if you are taking the subway into the city the E is easy access at JFK. I only fly out of Newark when I am trying to keep my points with Continental. All of this is my opinion I guess.

As far as where to stay I really can''t be that much help. There are hotels all over you''ll just have to search for the price you want to pay.

Other places to check out... Bridal Reflections (multiple designers), Provinas, POB, Vera Wang.. the list is endless...

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks emeraldlover1, I really appreciate all of the information. I am just so excited to start planning this trip!!! Thanks again to all the ladies who offered their help, and if there are any other East Coast ladies that have any more suggestions feel free to share!
1.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
If your after a budget hotel, I would recommend the Pod hotel in Midtown Manhattan (I think it is 51st and 2nd street?). FI and I stayed there for 5 nights last year in the bunkbed rooms and it cost us less then 1k total US which is very good for NY.

With the bunkbed rooms you do have to share bathrooms with other people on your floor but this was such a non-issue, the bathrooms are big and airy and very very clean and marble so they were nice.

They also have queenbed rooms with private bathrooms but we were on a budget doing a 7wk RTW trip so this fit well within our price bracket.

GL with your shopping :).

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Sounds so exciting!!! Wedding dress shopping in New York! Sounds like a theme from a movie!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results