shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Dress Opinions! (Pics included)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I love the new ones! Can''t wait to see you in them!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 8:24:31 AM
Author: BeachRunner
I absolutely love the Pronovias Nerveo, and will be trying it on Saturday. (I hope Musey does not mind! I think she''s the lone Nerveo owner, I think??) Hopefully that will fall on the top right, and still give me that hour glass shape? I may also need a more structured dress to achieve the hourglass shape.
FWIW, I don''t think the nerveo is exactly what you''re looking for in that department... it definitely didn''t "give me" anything in the body department
3.gif
I don''t know if you''ve seen any of my dress threads, but I had some issues toward the end because (a) the dress wasn''t as curvy as I was (it bagged out in the waist, even after alterations) and (b) even my expert tailor guy, doing his very best, could only do so much given the construction of the dress (all the layers, the pleating, etc. etc.). So if you''re looking for a dress that will help in the curves department, this probably isn''t it.

Just wanted to warn you!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 4:00:18 PM
Author: musey

I absolutely love the Pronovias Nerveo, and will be trying it on Saturday. (I hope Musey does not mind! I think she''s the lone Nerveo owner, I think??) Hopefully that will fall on the top right, and still give me that hour glass shape? I may also need a more structured dress to achieve the hourglass shape.

FWIW, I don''t think the nerveo is exactly what you''re looking for in that department... it definitely didn''t ''give me'' anything in the body department
3.gif
I don''t know if you''ve seen any of my dress threads, but I had some issues toward the end because (a) the dress wasn''t as curvy as I was (it bagged out in the waist, even after alterations) and (b) even my expert tailor guy, doing his very best, could only do so much given the construction of the dress (all the layers, the pleating, etc. etc.). So if you''re looking for a dress that will help in the curves department, this probably isn''t it.

Thanks for the tip Musey! I did look back to your thread after you mentioned it. The Nerveo is a dress I just MUST try on, it''s too pretty not to!

On a different note, I keep finding gorgeous lace dresses that I just want to try on. Check out this WTOO gown. Does anyone know the pricing for these gowns by chance??

Just wanted to warn you!

WTOO.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for that crazy post without a picture. I''ll try this again. But, the dress I''m attempintg to post is a WTOO Teresa 12456.

Teresa.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Regarding your call for mermaidy dresses...does your budget allow for Jim Hjelm? That designer is the queen of mermaids! (I say queen because the dresses are actually designed by a woman, even though the label has a man''s name...just a little trivia tidbit.)

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunetly not
7.gif

I have a very modest budget.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Aww, too bad. Maybe check out Mon Cheri Bridals - my friend wore a really awesome mermaid from them. No time to pull the pic for you now because I''m headed for work, but give the site a look! I think my friend''s dress (satin, body-shaping bodice, a few sparkly details) was in the $700 range.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 6:30:09 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Aww, too bad. Maybe check out Mon Cheri Bridals - my friend wore a really awesome mermaid from them. No time to pull the pic for you now because I''m headed for work, but give the site a look! I think my friend''s dress (satin, body-shaping bodice, a few sparkly details) was in the $700 range.

Thanks! I def will. $700 is def. in my budget!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 6:07:23 PM
Sorry for that crazy post without a picture. I'll try this again. But, the dress I'm attempintg to post is a WTOO Teresa 12456.
Holy cow, that is so freakin gorgeous!!! I think their prices are very reasonable. I think a Watters lace gown I was looking at was in the upper $1000 range ($1800?) and Wtoo is supposed to be less. Was it not listed on bestbridalprices?

ETA: RK Bridal has it for $1235.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
RK Bridal has it for $990! Now I just have to find it, try it on, and love it!
2.gif

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 8:15:52 PM
RK Bridal has it for $990! Now I just have to find it, try it on, and love it!
2.gif

Bestbridalprices.com =$990. NOT RK Bridal.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 6:03:26 PM
Date: 2/10/2009 4:00:18 PM
Author: musey
I absolutely love the Pronovias Nerveo, and will be trying it on Saturday. (I hope Musey does not mind! I think she's the lone Nerveo owner, I think??) Hopefully that will fall on the top right, and still give me that hour glass shape? I may also need a more structured dress to achieve the hourglass shape.
FWIW, I don't think the nerveo is exactly what you're looking for in that department... it definitely didn't 'give me' anything in the body department
3.gif
I don't know if you've seen any of my dress threads, but I had some issues toward the end because (a) the dress wasn't as curvy as I was (it bagged out in the waist, even after alterations) and (b) even my expert tailor guy, doing his very best, could only do so much given the construction of the dress (all the layers, the pleating, etc. etc.). So if you're looking for a dress that will help in the curves department, this probably isn't it.
Thanks for the tip Musey! I did look back to your thread after you mentioned it. The Nerveo is a dress I just MUST try on, it's too pretty not to!
You will likely fall in love with the mesh and lace combo
30.gif
just as I did! I hope you post pics of you in it. I've only seen it on one other bride and I'd love to see it on more!

On a different note, I keep finding gorgeous lace dresses that I just want to try on. Check out this WTOO gown. Does anyone know the pricing for these gowns by chance??
I think (and I don't know what I'm basing it on) that it's somewhere between Maggie Sottero and Pronovias... there was a more simple lace gown from Watters that I considered, and it was in the $1000 range (no more than $1200, if I remember correctly). Pronovias seems to run in the $2000 range, the Nerveo was over $2000 at the first place I tried it and $1560 where I bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results